> Winter Transfers 2017

Rossoneri7
post Mar 22 2017, 07:06 PM
Post #271

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 22 2017, 07:29 PM) *
Football Italia is running a story that Man City is considering a 120MM - 150MM bid for Donnarumma. That figure gives me pause I have to be honest. How good is Plizzari?

For 50M I would be happy for him to go. At 100M+ what is he still doing here? And suddenly the Maldini esque career comparison poofs into thin air (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 22 2017, 10:35 PM
Post #272

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 22 2017, 07:06 PM) *
For 50M I would be happy for him to go. At 100M+ what is he still doing here? And suddenly the Maldini esque career comparison poofs into thin air (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm with you. I'd go further. I actually consider him overrated now. I haven't really been impressed with him since about November last year. Last truly awesome save I saw from him was the Juve one which won us the match.

I don't think he's developed at all for about half a year. If we get a megabucks offer I'd be more than happy to accept.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Mar 23 2017, 02:43 PM
Post #273

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

That's ridiculous Danny. The kid has more clean sheets than any keeper in the top 5 leagues in Europe this year, look at our defense and tell me that the kid isn't a star. If you need more proof go back and rewatch the Lazio game or the Fiorentina game.

Yeah, he makes a mistake here and there, and at 18 I am completely fine with that. We need to keep him at all costs. I wouldn't sell him for anything. It's players like him that have made Milan what it is. Players who would bleed for these colors are rare, and there should be ~no price ~ that would make us sell. 100M gets you almost nowhere today. I would rather the rest of the team continue to be filled with cheap throw away players and have one or two real Milan players around than sell the young stars we have to replace them with expensive declining players from other teams.

The stars won't come here as long as we aren't in the CL. Without a continuous flow of money, 100M gets us almost nowhere.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 23 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #274

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Indeed. At his age, he's great.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 23 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #275

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Mar 23 2017, 02:43 PM) *
Without a continuous flow of money, 100M gets us almost nowhere.

True.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 23 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #276

Allievi Nazionali

That's ridiculous Danny. The kid has more clean sheets than any keeper in the top 5 leagues in Europe this year.

I don't understand this statement, it's patently false. He has 10 clean sheets, and is 18th in Europe. Top is Yohan Pele of Marseille with 14.

I may have wildly misunderstood what you mean.

But it doesn't change my mind. I don't think he's developed in 6 months and that's all I have to say. Please don't be angry at my opinion.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 23 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #277

Allievi Nazionali

The stars won't come here as long as we aren't in the CL. Without a continuous flow of money, 100M gets us almost nowhere.

I said back in 2011 that we needed about 100M minimum to rebuild the team after we won the Scudetto. That didn't happen. Now it's about 500M we need. To get the level we expect. But none of this is really related to my opinion of our keeper. He's great, he is, but he's not become as exceptional as I expected him to. And I'd sell him if a crazy offer came in. What is done with that money is a completely different issue.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Mar 24 2017, 02:40 AM
Post #278

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

I think I understand everyone's perspective, and I see the value in a keeping true Milan players. I also believe that Donnarumma is exceptional (yes, he makes occasional mistakes, but he is still 18 - anyone remember Dida?). However, he is represented by Raiola, and I simply do not trust Raiola, so I fear we will eventually lose Donnarumma anyway.

With this in mind, under normal circumstances I would take the 120-150M (or anything north of 100M). However, I have no confidence in our current management, and even less so in our future management. Not knowing what we would do with the money, I would rather we hold on to the player.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 24 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #279

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 21 2017, 03:18 PM) *
Summer transfers probably needed now Han. Open that one?

PS we're now linked with 40M Euros for Berardi.

Will do

But honestly guys, selling Donna?? Atm he should be untouchable, 150m won't really take us anywhere anyway, it won't be a case of like Juve with Zidane where they built an entire team off of his transfer, not to mention we've been down this road many times now and we know that not even a fraction of that sum would be re-invested into the team.

We need to make sure that we keep our young stars. As soon as this ownership fiasco is over, one way or another, we need to make sure to tie guys like DS and Donna down to long term contracts.

The make a quick buck solution has never and will never work for us, so why sacrifice one of the brightest young stars of modern football?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 26 2017, 02:31 PM
Post #280

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Indeed. Completely agreed.

When did we ever sell someone for big bucks and reinvested the money smartly?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 26 2017, 08:27 PM
Post #281

Smoking Bianco

100M is Messi type of money. Its ridiculous we are even considering an 18 year old with that valuation. What will he be worth after winning a scudetto or CL?

50M is also a big number for the kid.

He is not going anywhere until Berlusconi receives his payment in full from China. If after the closing Raiola decides Donna is going to Madrid for 20M and a year left on contract, then guess where he is going? I sincerely doubt that scenario and instead would entertain a renewal for key players as one of the pressing priorities and the second being taking Milan back to Champions League glory.

But to put things into perspective here, Donna is on a year and a half left worth of contract with Milan and all negotiations for a renewal with the club are put on hold. Yes there is plenty of time if April 14 comes and the Chinese start showing their true weight around, but until that happens ... .

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 27 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #282

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 26 2017, 08:27 PM) *
100M is Messi type of money. Its ridiculous we are even considering an 18 year old with that valuation. What will he be worth after winning a scudetto or CL?

50M is also a big number for the kid.

He is not going anywhere until Berlusconi receives his payment in full from China. If after the closing Raiola decides Donna is going to Madrid for 20M and a year left on contract, then guess where he is going? I sincerely doubt that scenario and instead would entertain a renewal for key players as one of the pressing priorities and the second being taking Milan back to Champions League glory.

But to put things into perspective here, Donna is on a year and a half left worth of contract with Milan and all negotiations for a renewal with the club are put on hold. Yes there is plenty of time if April 14 comes and the Chinese start showing their true weight around, but until that happens ... .

Sure it's ridiculous money, but in today's football Donna is worth more than 150m. Why? Because he's a once in a generation type talent.

This old-age mentality of thinking the maximum amount a player should go for is 50m and he has to be Zidane level of good to qualify for that kind of sum has got to stop. It's the way Galliani still thinks things are run but that is no longer the case, when you have PSG paying 50m for David Luiz or Madrid spending nearly a 100m on Gareth freaking Bale then you know things have gone so off kilter that a player that is a true talent, and such a rare one like Donna, the fee would have to be exceptional.

As for their contracts, I think both DS and Donna are waiting to see what happens with the ownership. If Silvio stays they'll speak with Galliani and if the Chinese come in they'll speak with Fassone. Atm we're in limbo so it's understandable that the players are taking a step back and not fully committing when they don't know what they're committing to

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 27 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #283

Smoking Bianco

han, please don't take this the wrong way; but I didn't get the '100M being the new prices and 50M being old age'?

100M for a club like Milan, where income is scarce, is a complete blood transfusion for the club and the team. In Spain RM and Barca rule (TV rights, global fanbase/merchandise); plus you are talking of turnover of over a billion combined (our turnover between 150M and 170M). In PSG you have the government of a wealthy country promoting itself for an upcoming WC. These are clubs who pay the astronomical sums, not a team like ours.

On Donna being once in a generation, I do hope he signs as it seems he is fond of Milan plus he has not yet developed (for his age he is very remarkable and impressive, but in experience) into a mature player Ala Buffon or Dida.

If he does leave though, and this is where you set a disclaimer for yourself, why assume based on him being once in a generation kinda player when it is a fact that his contract is expiring in 1.5 years. If by this summer Raiola and Donna agree RM is the better club, then he could refuse our extension and force our hands for 20-30M max.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 28 2017, 09:42 AM
Post #284

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 27 2017, 09:17 PM) *
han, please don't take this the wrong way; but I didn't get the '100M being the new prices and 50M being old age'?

100M for a club like Milan, where income is scarce, is a complete blood transfusion for the club and the team. In Spain RM and Barca rule (TV rights, global fanbase/merchandise); plus you are talking of turnover of over a billion combined (our turnover between 150M and 170M). In PSG you have the government of a wealthy country promoting itself for an upcoming WC. These are clubs who pay the astronomical sums, not a team like ours.

It's curious, you seem to want to give a rational reason for a multitude of clubs paying colossal cash for players as opposed to accepting prices have gone up.

Han is dead on - 100M is the old 50M.

It's not just Barca, Real and PSG, it's City, Juve, Monaco, Chelsea, Zenit, Utd. Or had we all forgotten about Paul Pogba and Gonzalo Higuain?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 28 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #285

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 27 2017, 09:17 PM) *

On Donna being once in a generation, I do hope he signs as it seems he is fond of Milan plus he has not yet developed (for his age he is very remarkable and impressive, but in experience) into a mature player Ala Buffon or Dida.

If he does leave though, and this is where you set a disclaimer for yourself, why assume based on him being once in a generation kinda player when it is a fact that his contract is expiring in 1.5 years. If by this summer Raiola and Donna agree RM is the better club, then he could refuse our extension and force our hands for 20-30M max.

Like Danny said, it's not just 2 or 3 clubs driving up the prices, it's a multitude of them and now we're seeing ridiculous offers coming in from China as well

And the new 100m isn't even just the old 50m. 50m 10 to 15 years ago was only paid for the absolute best, Zidane is one of the few examples because he's the only top class star back then who was sold in his prime for such a huge fee. Al the other great player were sold for relatively reasonable prices (meagre compared to today's) players like Nesta, Baggio, Rui Costa, Figo, etc all went for around the 20 to 30m mark and all were considered gasp worthy moments in football. Now things have just gone crazy.

In what world is Pogba worth 110m? Higuain 90m? An overweight and close to 30 Higuain might I add. Gareth Bale 100m. Just ridiculous numbers. The only players worth that much for me are only Messi and Ronaldo, but with how prices are so over-inflated we're seeing player who back in the day were worth 20m max go for over 60m nowadays

So no, we shouldn't be letting Donna go for anything other than something huge, and by today's standards 150m for a player like Donna is not enough. That's why it's of the utmost importance to resolve this ownership issue so we can finally renew contracts and lock players down, most importantly Donna

Also, I don't think he'll force his way out, Raiola might be a POS but he generally acts in the best interest of his client, so if Donna wants to stay he'll make sure to get the best deal for him from Milan, if Donna wants to leave Raiola will make sure to take him to the club that's offering him the best conditions.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:38 AM