Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Allegri: 'I don't feel at risk'

Zed.D
post Apr 8 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

Mods feel free to move this to the right thread.

Allegri: 'I don't feel at risk'
By Football Italia staff

Massimiliano Allegri sniped “some couldn’t wait for us to lose,” but insists his job is not on the line as speculation grows Milan will fire him if he fails to win the Scudetto.

The last week has been disastrous for the Rossoneri, who dropped a four-point lead to fall behind Juventus in the Serie A table and were knocked out of the Champions League by Barcelona.

“I absolutely do not feel at risk,” insisted Allegri after the 2-1 home defeat to Fiorentina.

“Certain evaluations are down to the club and will only be made at the end of the season. I prefer to concentrate on what we have to do right now.”

President Silvio Berlusconi was critical of Allegri’s approach during the two legs against Barcelona, fuelling speculation failure to win the Scudetto will result in a new Coach.

“We all have to live it day by day, game by game, because too many calculations have been made over the past few days.

“There are still seven rounds to go. Everyone said Juve had a great chance of winning the Scudetto when they were behind us, so I don’t see why we shouldn’t in the same position.”

Allegri also sniped at the media and chasing pack after the shock 2-1 home defeat to Fiorentina, which saw Milan go in front with a very dubious penalty.

“I realised that many, let’s say the vast majority, couldn’t wait for Milan to lose. There, it happened. Now we will move forward.

“Nobody expected this defeat, not even us, but we have the character to get back on our feet. It can happen in a season. Don’t forget we had a long run-up to go four points clear of Juve, so you do pay for this strain. It’s not over yet, though.”

La Gazzetta dello Sport is already speculating on potential replacements for Allegri, including Marco van Basten, Marcello Lippi, Fabio Capello and the promotion of Clarence Seedorf.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Imagine that...

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Apr 8 2012, 03:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 8 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Imagine that, indeed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Oh, and by the way, this seems like the right thread, it's news after all.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 8 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Allegri out + Tevez in and I will find it difficult to care how we do next season.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 8 2012, 07:26 PM
Post #4

Berretti

And you do know that both are very valid possibilities. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Distinctly valid possibilities.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Apr 8 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Rumour has it that Berlusconi and Galliani had a fallout yesterday, not sure whether it was over Allegri or not. Personally I think Allegri is doing a good job, and but for injuries and dodgy decisions we would almost be champions by now. If we are to change manager at the end of the season I think it would be a bad move.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 8 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #6

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

^^

+1. we first need to make changes in MilanLab, then the team and finally the coaching staff!

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 8 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #7

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 8 2012, 02:31 PM) *
Rumour has it that Berlusconi and Galliani had a fallout yesterday

Where'd you see that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 8 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #8

Berretti

Berlusconi and Galliani have had fallout before on Pato, so no surprises there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Now that Mr. B is back full time, expect more of this in the coming weeks and months.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 8 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #9

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 8 2012, 08:54 PM) *
^^

+1. we first need to make changes in MilanLab, then the team and finally the coaching staff!

Wouldn't be too bad if we changed coach at first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 8 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #10

There was a nice article by Luca Serafini (a very informed Milan fan and journalist that I highly esteem) on TMW today, which I decided to translate and post here.

The aftermath of Milan-Fiornetina is characterized by frustration and anger. Many people have raised their voice, starting from those fans who want out all the senators, passing by those who don't consider the latest signings to be of Milan quality. It may not be appropriate to overreact after every negative result, but the last three - which might compromise Milan's season - have especially angered Berlusconi. He doesn't forgive to Allegri the lack of an identity of football that resembles his philosophy of the beautiful game. Even though he reluctantly accepted the changes of Ronaldinho and Pirlo with Robinho and van Bommel (and now, to an extent, with Emanuelson and Muntari), he's determined to intervene personally by not only changing the coach, barely tolerated until now, but also by changing the players. Do not expect a pharaonic signing campaign: it will be a matter of ideas that will pass through Berlusconi at first hand. At this point of the season, it is not suitable to talk about revolutions and all, but the rage and frustration that is mounting by the hour at Arcore might let slip out more than a few rumors.

Exactly like those at San Siro after the Fiorentina game, where supposedly Ibrahimovic was furious at Allegri and the athletic trainer, Tognaccini, frustrated about the line-up and the many injuries that have plagued the team. Ibra wants a more creative and less muscly team (with maybe Emanuelson as LB and Aquilani as AM). Maybe also expect from some of his teammates to bear pain to a higher degree, instead of forfeiting whenever there's the slightest of injuries. As for Tognaccini and the athletic training, could it be possible that he suddenly overturned everything without understanding anything about it? A question that needs to be answered as soon as possible.

Link

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 8 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #11

Berretti

Great job, X-Off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) Perfectly sensible views.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Apr 8 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #12

Allievi Regionali B

But what can Allegri do if he's not given the right players to play like Barca? Galliani has been doing well to get us where we are for with little money. Once Silvio starts dipping his hand in his pocket then he has the right to complain, but until then he ought to keep quiet.

And let's be serious, in the first game against Barca we did excellently to stifle them and in the second we had them rocking and only the award of the dubious second penalty kept them in the game. Against Fiorentina the whole team looked tired which is understandable given that we have so many injuries we can't rotate players. It is not all down to Allegri.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 8 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #13

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Didn't understand what was mean't by this bit:

As for Tognaccini and the athletic training, could it be possible that he suddenly overturned everything without understanding anything about it?

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Apr 8 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #14

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 8 2012, 09:33 PM) *

As for Tognaccini and the athletic training, could it be possible that he suddenly overturned everything without understanding anything about it?

Something to do with Allegri's training methods? I think they have been questioned for being too physical which is part of the reason why we've had so many injuries. Personally I just think they're using Allegri as a scapegoat.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 8 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 8 2012, 10:33 PM) *

I didn't understand it very well either what he meant, in Italian, but I guess the general idea is what I_Rossoneri wrote above.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:23 AM