Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berlusconi Back as Milan President?

il_diavolo_mtl
post Mar 30 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,245

Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri – on the eve of the game against Catania – insists there is no breakdown in his relationship with Silvio Berlusconi.

The club President was reportedly left disappointed with the team’s performance in the 0-0 draw with Barcelona in midweek.

Allegri, however, has insisted that he has talked with the former Italian Prime Minister since and there are no issues to resolve.

“We spoke yesterday, as we often have during these two years,” Allegri said at his Press conference on Friday.

I explain the reasons why we play in a certain way and he gives me his thoughts on the team.

“From what he told me, he was happy with the performance. I speak to the President on a weekly basis and he is content with our progress in the championship and the Champions League.”

The Diavolo are currently top of the table, but Juventus have underlined their title hopes with impressive wins over Fiorentina and Inter.

“I’m not thinking about Juventus,” the former Cagliari man continued. “We have four points more and we’ll fight until the end.

“It all depends on us. If Juve haven’t lost this term then it means that they have the quality to win the League. Now it’s just crucial that we stay ahead of them.”

Milan will play Barcelona in the return leg next week, but the Coach is adamant that his side are just focused on Catania.

“To be defensive is not in Catania’s character. They have 42 points and do great things thanks to their Coach.

“They are a very technical side, especially in midfield which combines running with quality. They are quick in attack and solid at the back. It will be tough for us tomorrow.

“We’re in good physical shape and I’ll have a few fresh players tomorrow coming back from injury, like Ignazio Abate.

“This is a particular time of the season, but tomorrow we can only think of Catania. We’ll think about Barcelona from Sunday onwards.”

Allegri has named a 21-man squad, but he’s not taken any risks with Alessandro Nesta and Clarence Seedorf.

“Nesta and Seedorf have just returned from injury and they need to carry out specific training,” he said when asked why the pair have been omitted.

“Mark Van Bommel? He has been out for 15 days with a back problem. We’ll have to wait and see if he is available against Barca.

“Alexandre Pato will be back on Sunday from America. His condition is good, if not excellent. We’ll see if he can be available for the next few matches.”

This does clarify the relationship Big Al and Berlu share. I lolled at the bold part
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I imagine explanation went something along the lines of "Look at last years table. Look at this years table. Enough said".

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Mar 30 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 30 2012, 12:44 PM) *
I imagine explanation went something along the lines of "Look at last years table. Look at this years table. Enough said".

+1

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 31 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #34

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Watching a stream and the pundits are tearing into Berlu saying his interference is ludicrous.

They used a quote from Babs saying her father had just being making comments about the tactics. And the pundits pointed out Milan are solidly on top of the league, and just earned an excellent 0-0 V Barca.

If this isn't enough for Berlu, what more can Allegri do?

I could see their point.

For me, our tactics were spot on against Barca, and the individual performances were outstanding too.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 1 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #35

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I think a lot of confusion with regards to this ... Berlusconi is a controversial figure in Italian politics as we all know ... And all I read was that he was disappointed with the dominance of Barcelona - However, that was further translated into Berlusconi demanding questions from Allegri.

I believe Silvio is very satisfied with Allegri considering the 2nd star is on the way and we have just a handful of games left. While in the CL we are in the quarters and have done remarkably well against previous seasons ...

Media in Italy like to take these issues out of context and create something out of it; in our case Silvio demanding answers from Allegri (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 2 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #36

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 1 2012, 04:27 PM) *
I believe Silvio is very satisfied with Allegri considering the 2nd star is on the way and we have just a handful of games left.

You do know that we're 2 Scudetti away from the second star, right?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 2 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #37

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 2 2012, 02:01 PM) *
You do know that we're 2 Scudetti away from the second star, right?

Yup ... If we close off this season with the Scudetto, the 2nd star is ultimately ours the next. As that would be an obvious target, is what i meant i guess (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Yousef AR
post Apr 4 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #38

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 11,830

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 14 2011, 03:56 PM) *

Mr. B promised big transfers next summer coming to the team with him. Let's hope that's true (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 4 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #39

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Yousef AR @ Apr 4 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Mr. B promised big transfers next summer coming to the team with him. Let's hope that's true (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Especially if he wants us to emulate (to an extent) Barça's game and dominance. We couldn't possible imagine to do it with our current team.

+Quote Post

Yousef AR
post Apr 5 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #40

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 11,830

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Especially if he wants us to emulate (to an extent) Barça's game and dominance. We couldn't possible imagine to do it with our current team.

I agree, fresh world class players is what we need!

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 5 2012, 01:26 AM
Post #41

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Yousef AR @ Apr 4 2012, 07:14 PM) *
I agree, fresh world class players is what we need!

I also agree, but to add to that, we also need money! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 5 2012, 09:55 AM
Post #42

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Yousef AR @ Apr 4 2012, 10:56 PM) *

He really said that?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 5 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Doesn't Berlu always promise something big in the transfer window? And usually unless Galliani can pull an Ibra out of his @ss we usually end up with rejects and freebies.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 5 2012, 06:44 PM
Post #44

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 5 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Doesn't Berlu always promise something big in the transfer window? And usually unless Galliani can pull an Ibra out of his @ss we usually end up with rejects and freebies.

Aye. Hopefully things will be a bit different now that he's back as president.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 5 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #45

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I think they will. Berlusconi hasn't made that promise for 2 years if I'm not wrong.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:15 PM