Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Serie A 2006/2007 - Day 24

Siena v Milan

Saturday, 17th of February 2007

Time: 14:00 (UK), 15:00 (IT)

Final game before our CL tie with Celtic, and it's the first time this season we can move into a CL spot if the results go our way.

I think Gourcuff has to start, but it'll be interesting to see what Carlo does up front. It would make sense to start Ronaldo since he's cup tied, but I don't think he's fit enough to last 90 minutes...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 12 2007, 01:46 AM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (m1ke @ Feb 12 2007, 02:56 AM)
Final game before our CL tie with Celtic, and it's the first time this season we can move into a CL spot if the results go our way.

I think Gourcuff has to start, but it'll be interesting to see what Carlo does up front. It would make sense to start Ronaldo since he's cup tied, but I don't think he's fit enough to last 90 minutes...

Well he has been training and played against Livorno .. I'm sure he's fit enough.

But yeah it will be interesting to see how we do b4 Celtic

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Feb 12 2007, 01:58 AM
Post #3

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

i hope Ronaldo starts this match.. can't wait...!!!

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 12 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 11 2007, 06:46 PM)
I'm sure he's fit enough.

He is definitely not! If you paid attention against Livorno, he started limping only 15 minutes after coming on... He needs a lot of work. As Ancelotti said, everything is there, but he needs to get his fitness back.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 12 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #5

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 12 2007, 07:30 PM)
He is definitely not! If you paid attention against Livorno, he started limping only 15 minutes after coming on... He needs a lot of work. As Ancelotti said, everything is there, but he needs to get his fitness back.

What I ment was he's fit enough to play against Siena .. Off course he was limping, he didnt play for more than a month ! In anycase, he probably just needs to gain some fitness on the pitch cuz he seems 80% ready

+Quote Post

novfan
post Feb 12 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #6

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 1,205

Predictions?
Milan win 3-0
Ronaldo (2); Kaka (1).

+Quote Post

Portman
post Feb 12 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #7

Berretti

Member No.: 347

Damn, playing on a Saturday at 14:00 GMT? We're doin' an EPL? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Give Ronaldo the 90' as he won't play against Celtic. I wish Gourcuff was on the first 11 too.

Anyway. 0-1.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Feb 12 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #8

7th Heaven

QUOTE (novfan @ Feb 13 2007, 05:46 AM)
Predictions?
Milan win 3-0
Ronaldo (2); Kaka (1).

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) i'm with ya!!

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 13 2007, 12:40 AM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

I hope it will be easier than usual... and I actually believe it will!

Let's see Gourcuff feature at last! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Feb 13 2007, 01:01 AM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

We should continue our good form. 0:2 (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 13 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #11

Smoking Bianco

Milan should win .. Though Siena could be tricky .. I wouls say a 2-1 for us, hopefully R9 and Kaka score

+Quote Post

milanista1899
post Feb 13 2007, 03:31 AM
Post #12

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 735

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 12 2007, 11:40 PM)
I hope it will be easier than usual... and I actually believe it will!

Let's see Gourcuff feature at last! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

I think so too, Chiesa & Frick are out! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Amen to that! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by milanista1899: Feb 13 2007, 09:10 PM

+Quote Post

jefri91
post Feb 13 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #13

"Durgle The Turtle"

Member No.: 3,402

I cant wait until the Celtic game... ITS GOING TO BE NUTS

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Feb 13 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #14

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,214

well Roni has 4 more days to prepare for the game. He should start and work hard.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Feb 14 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #15

7th Heaven

Siena - Milan -- Football Italia preview

Milan arrive at the Stadio Artemio Franchi just two points shy of a Champions League spot and determined to maintain their momentum against stubborn Siena, who held them to a stalemate earlier in the season.

Despite the usual pre-season anxiety, Siena are comfortable in mid-table and could save their Serie A status with finger-nails intact if they can remain hard to beat. What the Robur lack in flair they more than make up for in grit and determination and they seem to relish the chance to make life difficult for more illustrious opposition.

Goalkeeper Alex Manninger was the hero in Week 5 as the Bianconeri held Milan to a stalemate at the San Siro and Siena fans don’t have to think back too far to remember their last triumph over the Rossoneri – a 2-1 win at the Artemio Franchi in April 2005. The Tuscan minnows showed great resolve in last weekend’s 2-2 draw with Cagliari, finding a late equaliser having seen a 1-0 lead reversed. However, Milan-born tactician Mario Beretta will need his side to dig even deeper if they are to deny Milan maximum points this time around.

After a stumbling start to the campaign, Milan have hit lethal form. Week 23’s 2-1 win over Livorno extended the Diavoli’s unbeaten run to 11 games, dating back to November’s reverse against Roma. The pre-season objective of a Champions League place is back on the cards and the arrival of Ronaldo has given the front line a much-needed jolt – the inconsistent Alberto Gilardino and Ricardo Oliveira now know that they must perform.

Another man who needs to find form is Andrea Pirlo. While everyone knows what the Azzurri star is capable of, it has been a while since he demonstrated it on the Serie A stage. Maybe Gennaro Gattuso’s virtuoso performance last weekend will remind him what is expected.

Beretta must continue to manage without young Ivorian midfielder Abdoulay Konko who is a week short of recovery from a left knee tendon injury, but has ex-Milan forward Tomas Locatelli at his disposal again after he completed his suspension. Enrico Chiesa is out with a flu bug but Mario Frick should be fit despite midweek dental surgery.

Carlo Ancelotti’s injury list remains a weighty tome. Serginho, Alessandro Nesta, Cristian Brocchi and Giuseppe Favalli are all sidelined as are ‘keepers Dida and Zeljko Kalac giving Marco Storari a second start. Oliveira, Gilardino, Pippo Inzaghi and Ronaldo are set to compete for two places up front.

Man on fire: Marek Jankulovski (Milan) – He may not be a regular hero at the San Siro, but the Czech international is relishing regular first-team football and secured the points for the Diavoli with a stunning long-range strike last weekend.

Last season: Siena 0-3 Milan

Form guide: Siena (D D W L D) Milan (W W D W W)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siena (probable): Manninger; Bertotto, Portanova, Rinaudo, Molinaro; Antonini, Codrea, Vergassola; Cozza, Corvia, Maccarone

Milan (probable): Storari; Oddo, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka’; Gilardino, Oliveira

Channel4

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:50 AM