Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Torino - Milan --- 23/11/2008, Serie A | Giornata 13

Zed.D
post Nov 16 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #1

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

After seeing Milan over the past month it seems every game is going to be a tough one for us. hopefully Pirlo's return will make us play better football. hopefully a different tactic will see us do better up front. hopefully...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 16 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

ahh .. So its Torino's turn (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

definite 3 points here .. Considering Juve play merda in the same week

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 16 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 16 2008, 09:57 PM) *
After seeing Milan over the past month it seems every game is going to be a tough one for us. hopefully Pirlo's return will make us play better football. hopefully a different tactic will see us do better up front. hopefully...

Hopefully you'll stop hoping so much. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Sigh. I predict either another 1-0 win. If you're feeling lucky, then maybe we can up that to say, 2-1 for us, but that's the most I'm about to go with our current form and style of play. Anything higher would be nothing short of a miracle.

Wish to see Pirlo get an extended run in this one. It's about time, I'd say. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Grazie Pirlo!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 16 2008, 06:01 PM) *
ahh .. So its Torino's turn (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

definite 3 points here .. Considering Juve play merda in the same week

Don't understand how you can possibly be so confident... we're barely squeezing through against the likes of Chievo, and even though Torino are no great shakes themselves, they are better then the Serie B bound Chievo.

We need soft penalties in order to get the 3 points in easy games, so for this one I'm predicting for Carlo put out the xmas tree formation with Pirlo maybe in Seedorf's place, and Pato or Pippo upfront. The score will either be a hard fought 1-0 or a drab 1-1 draw. And until Carlo changes his hard headed ways this will continue to be the story of our season. Just don't know how we will fare against the bigger teams, because we might have gotten luvky against Inter but we won't get away with it next time

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 16 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #5

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

I would like to see a 4-3-1-2 for this one, with one of Kaka or Ronaldinho starting on the bench. Pato-Pippo-Shevchenko (two of the three) up front.

There's an off chance I'll be at this one; depends on travel times from Florence.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 16 2008, 06:58 PM) *
I would like to see a 4-3-1-2 for this one, with one of Kaka or Ronaldinho starting on the bench. Pato-Pippo-Shevchenko (two of the three) up front.

There's an off chance I'll be at this one; depends on travel times from Florence.

I think everyone is hoping for that Tennie. Whether it will happen or not, I think we all know the answer to that.

A little early but I'm going to put it out there

Predicted lineup (Carlo's most probable)

Zambro--Bonera--Kaladze--Janku
Flamini--Seedorf--Rino
Kaka--Dinho
Pippo

Maybe (and that's a big maybe, Pato starts. Subs could maybe be Pirlo at some point and switching the striker, maybe if we need a goal he'll throw on another striker.

What I would like to see

Zambro--Bonera--Kaladze--Janku
Rino--Pirlo--Seedorf
Kaka
Pato--Sheva

Take the game by the scruff of the neck score 2 goals in the first half, close the game up. Around the 60th minute, take off Pirlo and bring on Flamini, exchange Kaka for Dinho and Pato/Sheva for Pippo. Imo with the squad we have this is how Carlo should rotate the team, but since our coach does not understand the basic concept of player rotation I know this won't happen, the xmas tree will be used and we'll graft out a dodgy 1-0 win or if luck runs out like it did againt Lecce, we'll lose points and begin to lose ground on Inter.

This post has been edited by han2503: Nov 16 2008, 07:13 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 16 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #7

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 16 2008, 08:55 PM) *
Don't understand how you can possibly be so confident... we're barely squeezing through against the likes of Chievo, and even though Torino are no great shakes themselves, they are better then the Serie B bound Chievo.

We need soft penalties in order to get the 3 points in easy games, so for this one I'm predicting for Carlo put out the xmas tree formation with Pirlo maybe in Seedorf's place, and Pato or Pippo upfront. The score will either be a hard fought 1-0 or a drab 1-1 draw. And until Carlo changes his hard headed ways this will continue to be the story of our season. Just don't know how we will fare against the bigger teams, because we might have gotten luvky against Inter but we won't get away with it next time

Lucky against inter ?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) ... man i was in the stands for that game and i dont know what you saw, but Milan ruled on that night !

About Carlo, you can criticize and downgrade all his accomplishments, but that wont change where he stands in the Milan structure .. he remains the coach.

Milan didn't squeeze through Chievo .. Milan had a great deal of possession, countless buildups to the opponents 18 yard box and several attempts on goal. While Chievo only woke up in the second half, and towards the end decided they have nothing more to loose, so they started attacking (which is where Milan looked a bit under pressure) .. But overall, the team did well. It is the attack that isn't meeting its potential.

In any case, why should i be worried ?! I believe in the coach and the player's abilities .. There is nothing to be worried about. Milan is 1 point off the top and the Scudetto will be decided in May.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 16 2008, 07:17 PM) *
Lucky against inter ?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) ... man i was in the stands for that game and i dont know what you saw, but Milan ruled on that night !

About Carlo, you can criticize and downgrade all his accomplishments, but that wont change where he stands in the Milan structure .. he remains the coach.

Milan didn't squeeze through Chievo .. Milan had a great deal of possession, countless buildups to the opponents 18 yard box and several attempts on goal. While Chievo only woke up in the second half, and towards the end decided they have nothing more to loose, so they started attacking (which is where Milan looked a bit under pressure) .. But overall, the team did well. It is the attack that isn't meeting its potential.

In any case, why should i be worried ?! I believe in the coach and the player's abilities .. There is nothing to be worried about. Milan is 1 point off the top and the Scudetto will be decided in May.

Sure we had a lot of possession against Inter but at the end of the day we won it because of an offside goal and because Adriano is good for nothing and doesn't recongnise the net from his @ss.

I criticise him because he has a squad full of world class players at his disposal and he is not using it to his advantage. Non of the games we won so far are because of good tactics or the fact that we played well. All were basically achieved thanks to bad ref calls or strange luck. Can't understand how you call this an achievment. I think it's the refs that you should be meriting them to not Carlo. And hopefully he won't remain the coach for much longer. He talks about being like Fergie when in reality he could never be like him because he doesn't know how to let go of a past team and structure a new one. He has his favourites and his formations and he sticks by them no matter what. That's why we were so terrible last season and the one before that, that's why we are playing on Thursday nights this season instead of Wed/Tue.

Yes Milan squeezed through Chievo, we created a handful of chances that aren't really even worthy of being mentiones. Yes we controlled possession but most of it was useles and in the center of the pitch, and what do you really expect against a team like Chievo? who let's honest here, are woeful at best. And even they manged to put us under pressure and could have scored because we couldn't manage to score a goal against them without the ref's help. We didn't have to try to close the game up from the 30th minute mark, it's a classic Carlo tactic and if Chievo scored (which they came close to) we would have lost points because of him.

The attack isn't meeting it's potential because of the tactics Carlo uses, it's too congested, always trying to go through the same way, of course a team will manage to close us up easily we're too predictable and it becaomes easy for them to anticipate what we're going to do before we even do it.

I'm not telling you how you should feel, if you are not worried then good for you, but I also remember you saying that you weren't worried last season also and look where we ended up... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'm just saying right now we may be lucky and still getting the points somehow but this kind of luck won't last long, we are a big club with world class players, we should rely on our own talents not on luck.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Nov 16 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 16 2008, 06:37 PM) *
Sure we had a lot of possession against Inter but at the end of the day we won it because of an offside goal and because Adriano is good for nothing and doesn't recongnise the net from his @ss.

I criticise him because he has a squad full of world class players at his disposal and he is not using it to his advantage. Non of the games we won so far are because of good tactics or the fact that we played well. All were basically achieved thanks to bad ref calls or strange luck. Can't understand how you call this an achievment. I think it's the refs that you should be meriting them to not Carlo. And hopefully he won't remain the coach for much longer. He talks about being like Fergie when in reality he could never be like him because he doesn't know how to let go of a past team and structure a new one. He has his favourites and his formations and he sticks by them no matter what. That's why we were so terrible last season and the one before that, that's why we are playing on Thursday nights this season instead of Wed/Tue.

Yes Milan squeezed through Chievo, we created a handful of chances that aren't really even worthy of being mentiones. Yes we controlled possession but most of it was useles and in the center of the pitch, and what do you really expect against a team like Chievo? who let's honest here, are woeful at best. And even they manged to put us under pressure and could have scored because we couldn't manage to score a goal against them without the ref's help. We didn't have to try to close the game up from the 30th minute mark, it's a classic Carlo tactic and if Chievo scored (which they came close to) we would have lost points because of him.

The attack isn't meeting it's potential because of the tactics Carlo uses, it's too congested, always trying to go through the same way, of course a team will manage to close us up easily we're too predictable and it becaomes easy for them to anticipate what we're going to do before we even do it.

I'm not telling you how you should feel, if you are not worried then good for you, but I also remember you saying that you weren't worried last season also and look where we ended up... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'm just saying right now we may be lucky and still getting the points somehow but this kind of luck won't last long, we are a big club with world class players, we should rely on our own talents not on luck.

how can possession in any area of the pitch be useless!?!?!
any coach will tell you possession is everything sometimes going forward to come back and start again or just playing the ball around in the middle may seem pointless but it may be possible (and very likely) that they are working the opposition trying to move them around looking for spaces...as for these ref decisions don't they all favour the big clubs us,juve inter etc same in all leagues we should take that as the norm? i ust find it hard to comprehend that for all the apparant poor form we still sit 1 point off the top of the table and the best is yet to come! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 16 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #10

Smoking Bianco

Kaka' wasn't offside .. The lines man was right there when Ronaldinho launched the ball Kaka' sprinted, and as you know how fast the merda are against Kaka ... On telly it seemed as though he was off side (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

About Adriano ... erm did you forget how a 40 yr old shut out Ibra-Cadabra ?! Yeah they had their chances, but theyw ere always going to have their chances, they have a very strong team. It is the merits of the defense and the Gkeeper!

You can say that han, it doesnt really bother me .. I signed up to milanfan as a supporter, not as a critic. I can see when times are hard and dont need someone to tell me whats going on as if i have no sense in observing the obvious (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I just give the benefit of the doubt, instead of 'assuming'.

Now whether you think Milan will win or not, that's your personal opinion. And no, im not going to change my opinion based on an argument .. Rather, i built up my opinion following Milan for several years, and if you think last season was the lowest of the lows ... Tennie or Filipo can bring you to speed on what a horrendous season is.

han my man ... i have a migraine from work .. so please dont escalate it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

mishie
post Nov 16 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 16 2008, 06:53 PM) *
Kaka' wasn't offside .. The lines man was right there when Ronaldinho launched the ball Kaka' sprinted, and as you know how fast the merda are against Kaka ... On telly it seemed as though he was off side (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

About Adriano ... erm did you forget how a 40 yr old shut out Ibra-Cadabra ?! Yeah they had their chances, but theyw ere always going to have their chances, they have a very strong team. It is the merits of the defense and the Gkeeper!

You can say that han, it doesnt really bother me .. I signed up to milanfan as a supporter, not as a critic. I can see when times are hard and dont need someone to tell me whats going on as if i have no sense in observing the obvious (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I just give the benefit of the doubt, instead of 'assuming'.

Now whether you think Milan will win or not, that's your personal opinion. And no, im not going to change my opinion based on an argument .. Rather, i built up my opinion following Milan for several years, and if you think last season was the lowest of the lows ... Tennie or Filipo can bring you to speed on what a horrendous season is.

han my man ... i have a migraine from work .. so please dont escalate it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

add me to that list (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Nov 16 2008, 07:52 PM) *
how can possession in any area of the pitch be useless!?!?!
any coach will tell you possession is everything sometimes going forward to come back and start again or just playing the ball around in the middle may seem pointless but it may be possible (and very likely) that they are working the opposition trying to move them around looking for spaces...as for these ref decisions don't they all favour the big clubs us,juve inter etc same in all leagues we should take that as the norm? i ust find it hard to comprehend that for all the apparant poor form we still sit 1 point off the top of the table and the best is yet to come! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It is useless when it's just passing it back and fourth between the 5 mids and not even trying to move it forward. Carlo tried to shut out the game after the goal, it was abvious to see. And pssession is useless when you aren't even trying to create anything with it.

Big clubs do get the calls sometimes, but it's mostly the 50/50 calls not penalties and sending offs out of thin air. I just don't like seeing that even if it's in favour of my team. The Italian football shows are having a field day with all these decisions and everyone is jumping to yell out foul play.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 16 2008, 07:53 PM) *

Kaka's leg was ahead of Materazzi at the point Ronaldinho released the ball, it's more clear to see when you've scrutinized the replay a million times. Believe me on this. Sure it would have been a really difficuilt call for the lines-man I'll give him that but the point is, Kaka was clearly offside.

I'm only mentioning Adriano, but let's not get into all the chances Inter managed to create and the fact that they were reduced to 10 men when most of these were created...

If everyone just praises the team and finds no faults and thinks everything the player and the coach does is perfect then there is really no need for a forum since people come here to discuss EVERY aspect of Milan, not just saying how much they love the team, but discussing the shortcomings of the team and celebrating the teams victories together. This isn't a matter of black and white. You can still support the team while criticising the things you don't like.

I'm not going to tell you I remember the Serie B years because I was barely out of the diaper during that time. But I remember tougher times during the late 90s and so on. But concidering the team we had then, to the team Carlo had last season, it shouldn't be an excuse.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was to help you with the migraine... hope it eases up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by han2503: Nov 16 2008, 08:12 PM

+Quote Post

mishie
post Nov 16 2008, 08:20 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

It is useless when it's just passing it back and fourth between the 5 mids and not even trying to move it forward. Carlo tried to shut out the game after the goal, it was abvious to see. And pssession is useless when you aren't even trying to create anything with it.

i stand by what i said no possession is useless. Even if there is no intention of moving forward and creating anything keeping the football in any situation is not useless....non productive maybe but never useless (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Nov 16 2008, 08:20 PM) *
i stand by what i said no possession is useless. Even if there is no intention of moving forward and creating anything keeping the football in any situation is not useless....non productive maybe but never useless (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Well not being productive as you want to call it could have cost us the points since Chievo came close to scoring twice in the second half.

I personally call it useless, sure we're keeping the ball in our possession but not trying to even do anything with it is asking for us to lose it and they somehow score on the counter.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 16 2008, 08:27 PM
Post #15

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 16 2008, 02:09 PM) *
If everyone just praises the team and finds no faults and thinks everything the player and the coach does is perfect then there is really no need for a forum since people come here to discuss EVERY aspect of Milan, not just saying how much they love the team, but discussing the shortcomings of the team and celebrating the teams victories together. This isn't a matter of black and white. You can still support the team while criticising the things you don't like.

+1 cookie to han. (and one for the penguins as well) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

Nicely stated. Critical analysis - while also acknowledging the good things said/done - is important.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:00 PM