post Apr 21 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,075

(from football italia)

FIGC officially re-opens Calciopoli
Wednesday 21 April, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Italian Football Federation has officially re-opened the Calciopoli inquest after new evidence emerged during Luciano Moggi’s trial.

“With regards to the trial in Naples, the FIGC’s disciplinary body will ask from now to view all the evidence provided by both parties,” read a statement on the Federation website.

“Over the next few days the prosecutor Stefano Palazzi will formally send a request to the President of the Naples tribunal, Teresa Casoria, beginning the inquest regarding the new series of wiretapped phone calls.”

The matter was dealt with in 2006 through the sporting justice system, resulting in Juventus losing two titles and earning a demotion to Serie B, while other clubs were docked points.

Former Juve director general Moggi is now at the centre of a civil trial in Naples and has introduced wiretaps featuring other club representatives, above all Inter, as evidence.

Effectively this begins a new sporting justice system inquest into Calciopoli that includes the phone calls not originally submitted as evidence – or even transcribed by police – in 2006.

Juventus could now officially call for Inter to be stripped of the contentious 2005-06 Scudetto, which was taken from the Bianconeri and handed to the third-placed team. It would instead not be assigned at all, like the 2004-05 title.

Moggi’s defence lawyers hope to suggest that he was not at the centre of a ‘mafia’ style organisation putting pressure on referees.

Instead, they maintain he was only one of many club officials who contacted the refereeing designators in this way.

“Either everyone here is guilty or everyone is innocent. I think everyone is innocent,” said Moggi.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 21 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

And here's a link to Gazzetta's Calciopoli II page:

link

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 21 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #3

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

I wonder what would become of this, and how soon it would take for an outcome to arise. Hmm...

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 21 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

If anything is going to be done, it'll be before the start of next season (so that any relegations or point deductions can happen).

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 21 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #5

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Apr 21 2010, 06:18 PM) *
If anything is going to be done, it'll be before the start of next season (so that any relegations or point deductions can happen).

What do you think Milan's chances of being affected again this time are?

Btw, I never quite understood how these wiretaps work... Anyone can shed light on that?

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 22 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Of the new wiretaps, there are a few of Meani and Galliani. Most of the 'newly discovered' ones seem to be of Facchetti and Moratti, however. There's a link to the list of new wiretaps and mp3s of each one (though not transcriptions) on the Gazzetta page.

Wikipedia's page has a decent overview of the whole thing that isn't too biased one way or another: link

My personal gut feeling is that the clubs already punished (Milan, Juve, Fiorentina, and Lazio) will probably not be punished again unless there's something really awful. The question is really, I think, whether the FIGC will punish Inter.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 22 2010, 01:04 AM
Post #7

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Apr 21 2010, 07:11 PM) *
Of the new wiretaps, there are a few of Meani and Galliani. Most of the 'newly discovered' ones seem to be of Facchetti and Moratti, however. There's a link to the list of new wiretaps and mp3s of each one (though not transcriptions) on the Gazzetta page.

Wikipedia's page has a decent overview of the whole thing that isn't too biased one way or another: link

My personal gut feeling is that the clubs already punished (Milan, Juve, Fiorentina, and Lazio) will probably not be punished again unless there's something really awful. The question is really, I think, whether the FIGC will punish Inter.

Ahhh... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I fear we will be further punished for these new findings and the club will end up in an even worse state than it is already in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

From Wiki:

"During the Calciopoli trial in Naples in 2010, the legal team of Luciano Moggi released a number of wiretapping showing that AC Milan and Inter might have been involved too in the Serie A scandal during 2004 and 2005. Such wiretappings were involving AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani, Inter owner Massimo Moratti, then-Inter chairman Giacinto Facchetti and former referee designators Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto."

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 22 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

That statement from wiki isn't sourced, trini. It's someone's opinion. I'm not too worried, at least not at this point.

Of the 74 conversations submitted by Moggi at his trial and now requested by the FIGC, 9 involve Milan folks and 42 involve Inter folks. The rest are Cagliari, Roma, Bologna, Palermo, and Reggina.

The one considered (by Gazzetta) to be the most incriminating is a conversation between the referee designator and the Inter president (Facchetti) talking about the setup of the 'grid' of referee designations. I think I've stuck a translation of that one in the Serie A thread. There's also a 'go by Moratti's place, there's a present for you' conversation between the two guys.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Apr 22 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 21 2010, 11:36 PM) *
What do you think Milan's chances of being affected again this time are?

Btw, I never quite understood how these wiretaps work... Anyone can shed light on that?

From what I've read, we've already been punished for our activities so can't be punished again.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 22 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #10

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Italian football really needs to move on, it's reputation is just getting worse.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jan 24 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #11

CrAzY EyeS

Anything ever became of these new investigations?

+Quote Post

dst
post Jan 24 2011, 01:09 AM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

This is still going on I think.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jan 25 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #13

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (dst @ Jan 23 2011, 08:09 PM) *
This is still going on I think.

I see...

I am really hoping that something negative can come out of this directed towards inter.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 25 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #14

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I hope nothing comes out of it. I've had enough of Calciopoli.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jan 25 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 26 2011, 02:10 AM) *
I hope nothing comes out of it. I've had enough of Calciopoli.

It will be a big injustice if Inter and Moratti will get out of it without punishment.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:41 AM