post Feb 24 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Ronaldo: I could quit Milan
Sunday 24 February, 2008

In a surprise statement, Ronaldo admits if he does return to football, it might not be with a Milan jersey on his back.

The striker has been sidelined for a minimum of nine months after surgery for a snapped tendon in his left knee and there are real doubts over whether he’ll ever be able to play professionally again.

However, with talk of a contract renewal at Milan and all the support they have given to the oft-injured Fenomeno, Ronaldo put the brakes on taking his San Siro comeback for granted.

“We’ll see. If I manage to recover at my best, then Milan are in pole position considering the way they have treated me and how much I am loved here. The human rapport I have with club and teammates is remarkable.

“But we will have to wait and see. It is my dream to play for Flamengo, who were my team when I was a young boy, but it all depends on how I recover. The important thing is to get back on the playing field, then I will decide where.”

The mere assumption the 31-year-old will be back on a professional basis is also on shaky ground, as the forward himself admits.

“I hope to come back and my heart tells me to play football and enjoy the atmosphere of the game, but at the same time my body is tired and has suffered so much over the years,” he told Sky Italia television.

“At the end of the recovery process I will see if it is opportune for me to go through another few years of football. I still feel like a player and have been doing this job since I was 15. I am going through a tough time, but must overcome the obstacle to return.”

This is the third time he has undergone surgery for serious knee tendon injuries and the football world united to show support for the unfortunate Fenomeno.

“I received calls from many friends and colleagues, including people I had problems with in the past, like Real Madrid’s Ramon Calderon.

“I also spoke to Massimo Moratti, who was very worried. I lived through the exact same trauma at Inter, so he knows full well how horrible this is and wanted to show his affection.

channel4

This post has been edited by dst: Feb 24 2008, 02:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Feb 24 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Bit of a misleading title isn't it. He isn't turning his back on Milan - he just won't return if he feels he can't get back to the level that's required. And that's pretty much how all Milan fan's feel too I'd imagine.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 24 2008, 02:40 PM
Post #3

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

[What m1ke said].

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 24 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

[what zdrossoneri said]

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Feb 25 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

i have a feeling that if he does heal he will come to the MLS

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Feb 25 2008, 08:58 AM
Post #6

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (Warchant @ Feb 25 2008, 11:55 AM)
i have a feeling that if he does heal he will come to the MLS

i'd hate for that to happen. i'd rather he left on a high note.(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Feb 25 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Feb 25 2008, 02:58 AM)
i'd hate for that to happen. i'd rather he left on a high note.(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

if he came to the MLS he would pack out stadiums of adoring fans wherever he went...even if he played bad he would be applauded wherever he went...beckham is a tribute to this...it would definitely be better ending than not doing well at milan.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:48 PM