> Euro 2016

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 11 2016, 03:52 PM
Post #16

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Perfect my ***. What works for Pisa and Perugia, usually never does with big teams.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 11 2016, 03:53 PM
Post #17

Primavera
Group Icon

Feeling for you guys from Albania. Should have at least got a point. Very unlucky, stupid beginners mistakes by Berisha and Cana.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jun 11 2016, 04:58 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 11 2016, 05:53 PM) *
Feeling for you guys from Albania. Should have at least got a point. Very unlucky, stupid beginners mistakes by Berisha and Cana.

Thanks. In the first quarter of the first half we were looking like amateurs, including Canas mistake. But then the squad reacted very well. Even though Sadiku and Gashi should have scored in their great chances, I am pleased with teams efforts and I think that we can aim for a win against Rumania. Apart from his first mistake that led to the goal, Berisha was the best player for Albania. Hysajs and Lenjanis apparances should be noted also, both with a mark above 7.0 for me.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Jun 11 2016, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Jun 11 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 11 2016, 11:52 AM) *
Perfect my ***. What works for Pisa and Perugia, usually never does with big teams.

Italy doesn't have the talent to be a "big team" on the international stage right now. Just take a look at the midfield and attack that Conte brought to France. It's a sad group. The talent in Italian midfielders drops off a cliff after Verratti and Marchisio. The attack is even worse. Maybe Ventura will be able to help some of the decent younger players grow into their role before 2018.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 11 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 11 2016, 01:47 PM) *
I'm always watching all games.

Well the 3 o'clock kick offs will be a major b!tch for me as I work till 4. Even worse that Italy have one of the games in that time slot and the one on the 22nd will coincide with this work get together thing they've organised. So I'm a bit out of luck with the fixture list in terms of Italy but I will definitely try to watch as many games as I can

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jun 11 2016, 02:03 PM) *
Ventura has a track record of getting teams with young players and sub par talent to over perform. He's perfect for the Italy squad of today.

Well I really don't see that of any consequence when it comes to the NT. What he does with mid-table sides will never translate with big teams, especially not at the International level where you don't have nearly a fraction of the time that you get with a club side. It's why managers who are top man managers in club football rarely ever translate that type of influence when they cross over to coaching a NT. Think of Capello for example. Conte has been a let down as well imo, even taking into account that he's basically coaching his Juve team and still there isn't a fraction of the same cohesion as there was clearly evident while he was with Juve

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 11 2016, 03:52 PM) *

Agreed

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 11 2016, 04:58 PM) *
Thanks. In the first quarter of the first half we were looking like amateurs, including Canas mistake. But then the squad reacted very well. Even though Sadiku and Gashi should have scored in their great chances, I am pleased with teams efforts and I think that we can aim for a win against Rumania. Apart from his first mistake that led to the goal, Berisha was the best player for Albania. Hysajs and Lenjanis apparances should be noted also, both with a mark above 7.0 for me.

Agree. Though Albania deserved a lot better and in the end that final end product was the difference between the 2 sides. Even when down to 10 men they were still very impressive imo

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jun 11 2016, 05:17 PM) *
Italy doesn't have the talent to be a "big team" on the international stage right now. Just take a look at the midfield and attack that Conte brought to France. It's a sad group. The talent in Italian midfielders drops off a cliff after Verratti and Marchisio. The attack is even worse. Maybe Ventura will be able to help some of the decent younger players grow into their role before 2018.

But traditionally Italy are a big team with high expectations. And as I said, he's not going to have the same influence as he does when working all season with a club side. National football is a completely different beast to club football and the man after Conte should have been a more careful and well thought out decision considering the state of the talent pool.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 12 2016, 09:04 AM
Post #21

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Disappointing result. But that first half was the best 45 minutes I've ever seen by England. Should've won 3/4-0, but wasn't to be. Though it never is for us.

Apparently France are completely unprepared from a policing standpoint. Worrying, considering the terror threat across the country.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jun 12 2016, 02:01 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2016, 01:04 PM) *
Disappointing result. But that first half was the best 45 minutes I've ever seen by England. Should've won 3/4-0, but wasn't to be. Though it never is for us.

Apparently France are completely unprepared from a policing standpoint. Worrying, considering the terror threat across the country.

I think it is more a case they are full prepared for the terror threat near the stadium since you have an exclusion zone and are being checked thoroughly way before you get to the stadium. Hopefully nothing happens.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 12 2016, 02:02 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra

Good luck today, Fillipo.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jun 12 2016, 02:25 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Today Im cheering for Turkey. Croatia have some great players and they are favorites but in my opinon Turkey also can win this one.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 12 2016, 03:53 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra

A loss for Turkey is a victory for everyone. Good job Croatia.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 12 2016, 04:13 PM
Post #26

Prima Squadra

I like how UEFA have warned the English and Russian FAs that any more fan trouble and the teams could get kicked out. How terrible of the English fans being attacked. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jun 12 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #27

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2016, 05:53 PM) *
A loss for Turkey is a victory for everyone. Good job Croatia.

Isnt this racism ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 12 2016, 08:17 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 12 2016, 06:15 PM) *
Isnt this racism ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Either I get a ban for racism, for being happy a team lose. Or I expect an apology from you, because being accused of being a racist is not something I take lightly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 12 2016, 08:17 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 12 2016, 09:43 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Come on guys! Let's not bring such an issue anywhere near here. d'Arc, I'm very certain kurt was not referencing race in any way shape or form when he made that comment so let's please not bring such a sensitive issue here.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 12 2016, 09:51 PM
Post #30

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2016, 04:02 PM) *
Good luck today, Fillipo.

Thanks. We should have won with a bigger margin, but anyone. A solid start.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:46 PM