Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Same old Milan

Danny
post Sep 11 2017, 01:08 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Spending 250M Euros is nothing in football any more. When only five years ago spending such sums would be considered fantasy football, now it’s a pretty modest amount of money.

The fact the world had a giggle over Neymar costing what he did rather than being absolutely outraged was a result of it not being bothered by Ronaldo, Kaka, Bale, Suarez, Pogba etc etc.

The harsh reality is it’s not how much you spend, it’s what on. If Everton can chuck near 200M on players, that gives some idea how unimportant the sums really are now. It’s what you get for your buck, that’s what matters.

So when Milan spent around 250M, it was by no means a guarantee of success. What the money was spent on mattered more, and if we look at the first three matches in Serie A that this team has produced, it looks like a complete waste of cash and a squad in the same place it was last season.

Of course, there’s more to it. Montella’s tactics this season have been an absolute comedy, as have many of his selections. Picking the likes of Calabria, Montolivo, Borini and shoving them in an ill-fitting system has been the tactical nous of an amateur.

From praise last season that he was getting the most out of limited resources, he is now managing to reduce Milan’s spending to something well below what we thought it got us.

Milan are playing more or less exactly the same as last season. But why? If we look beyond Montella’s increasingly erratic, unconvincing and poor management, why are the players struggling so badly?

Why has Kessie gone from a monster to out of sorts? Why does Bonucci look so damn awful? And have you ever seen Jack look as plain p*ssed off as he did yesterday? Why are players arguing with each other? Why is no one talking to each other?

There is a weird problem at Milan, and it centres around three players, in my humble opinion:

Donnarumma, Romagnoli and Bonucci.

Donna lost the support of fans with his summer transgressions – the ugliness over the whole thing has still not entirely gone, especially as he got his useless brother a cushy gig based on nothing more than ‘who you know’. He has actually played ok this season at times, with a few very smart saves – but the summer behaviour has left a lingering aftertaste.

Then there’s the bigger issue – BonRom I’ll call it. I am going to state this now – Bonucci was a mistake of a signing. Milan had already established our defensive pairing. It was Musacchio and Romagnoli. I wasn’t hugely fond of it but was ready to give it a chance.

Then we signed Bonucci. That changed everything. Romagnoli is now a benchwarmer despite being our best defender and the Bonucci issue is starting to affect the whole team. Our captain doesn’t lead, he doesn’t communicate, and he has displaced our best defender onto the bench.

Musacchio could be benched? Yes. But then, why sign him? This is the dichotomy the signing of Bonucci has caused. We won’t give our team the three at the back, and with the two one of our defenders has to be ditched. And it’s Romagnoli who on no level deserves to be. It can’t be Musacchio because he’s a new signing and didn’t come here to be benched.

It’s a mess, and it’s completely ruined the potential of a defence which looked like it was on the right track. We were so excited by Bonucci but it’s upset us.

It’s not the only issue but it’s a major one.

Up front is another – why sign Kalinic and Silva to leave them benched? As much as I don’t hate Borini, I concede he offers little beyond running. Well, that’s really not enough.

And midfield is just producing nothing – Kessie has gone from a colossal mid to a meek mess. Montolivo shouldn’t be there. And Biglia looks absolutely passive.

It comes back to the formation, the manager, the defence, and the selections.

There is also that inescapable feeling that our new players actually aren’t that good. Our most impressive two players this season have been Suso and Cutrone – none of the new lads have consistently impressed – whether that’s the system I’m not sure, but is it the system which stops a professional footballer being able to pass to a team mate?

I’ll be honest – the only signing we made I actually knew was Bonucci. I’d never heard of Conti, Kessie, Silva, Kalinic, Rodriguez, Biglia or Calhanoglu. Maybe that’s my inferior football knowledge at play, or maybe it’s that we saw shiny foreign names and assumed they had to be better than what we have. Maybe both. All the criticism from Sheva now seems to have some merit.

Maybe this all needs time to settle. Maybe. Or maybe it’s another false dawn, bad signings, poor management and another season of mid table mediocrity.

Milan didn’t fail our first real test v Lazio, we failed it against Cagliari. Fifth bottom team with 11 men outplayed us and deserved to win.

Against Lazio we were decimated by a team that was fitter, sharper, leaner, quicker, and better organised. And yet they will likely finish around 6th or 7th.

This is all incredibly poor and whether a change in manager will fix it I don’t know. But right now it’s new players, new owners, new staff:

same old Milan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 11 2017, 08:54 AM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Okay, where to start with this?

First off, I agree about Montella 100%. I really don't know what he's trying to achieve. Everyone was mad about the formation before the game even started so that should give you some indication of how things are going to go down.

Regarding Bonucci there are a couple of things I want to point out. First, he's one of the best CBs in the world and this is not only based on his defensive abilities, he is a leader and a creator, his problems with Allegri stemmed from the latter's cowardly ways (think Zlatan at the Emerites for similar disputes). When all the top managers in the world want you in their team it's not by coincidence or chance, so to imply that we should have passed up on him because it would put the coach and the 2 other (inferior) CBs out of their comfort zone is ridiculous imo. He's obviously not settling in as fast as we hoped, sure, but I'm not going to discount 6 years of top football due to 2 bad games with a completely new team that's obviously not clicking all that well. Secondly, Bonucci is not the reason our defence is not doing well, he's part of a bigger problem, sure as soon as we signed him we had to switch things around and that's what Montella should have instantly done. A back 3 became the obvious solution, add to that the fact that we don't have wingers and we should have moved away from the 4-3-3 with or without Bonucci. Btw, this excuse that no one should be benched is bad, great teams have a bench that's good enough to be starting, so why shouldn't we have a decent defender on the bench rather than Zapata or Paletta if we do decide to go for a back 4? Should Romagnoli be the one who sits? I don't know, he's been injured and is not fit enough to start, so that plays a factor as well. Bonucci was an opportunity, one that we shouldn't have missed out on, simple as that. To pass up on him just so your 2 defenders can still have their undisputed places makes zero sense.

Lastly, we knew the team wouldn't instantly click, we knew that we'd go through rough moments, obviously we'd hoped that we wouldn't have a massive meltdown at the first difficult hurdle but Montella is obviously making it more difficult for himself than it has to be. I have been one of his staunchest defenders here, even when we started to slide last season when injuries and fatigue came into play. But right now I simply don't have it in me to defend him anymore as he's clearly making bad choices and he's unwilling to admit that they're part of the problem, his post match yesterday was crossing a line for me.

We brought in good players, maybe not top class ones but all are very capable footballers. But if you're not going to use them correctly, what's the point?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 11 2017, 11:23 AM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 11 2017, 08:54 AM) *
Okay, where to start with this?

First off, I agree about Montella 100%. I really don't know what he's trying to achieve. Everyone was mad about the formation before the game even started so that should give you some indication of how things are going to go down.

We rarely agree these days but this one is on point. It seems to me he's been given someone else's players and won't use them properly. But then, he DID want Kalinic?!

Regarding Bonucci there are a couple of things I want to point out. First, he's one of the best CBs in the world and this is not only based on his defensive abilities, he is a leader and a creator, his problems with Allegri stemmed from the latter's cowardly ways (think Zlatan at the Emerites for similar disputes). When all the top managers in the world want you in their team it's not by coincidence or chance, so to imply that we should have passed up on him because it would put the coach and the 2 other (inferior) CBs out of their comfort zone is ridiculous imo. He's obviously not settling in as fast as we hoped, sure, but I'm not going to discount 6 years of top football due to 2 bad games with a completely new team that's obviously not clicking all that well. Secondly, Bonucci is not the reason our defence is not doing well, he's part of a bigger problem, sure as soon as we signed him we had to switch things around and that's what Montella should have instantly done. A back 3 became the obvious solution, add to that the fact that we don't have wingers and we should have moved away from the 4-3-3 with or without Bonucci. Btw, this excuse that no one should be benched is bad, great teams have a bench that's good enough to be starting, so why shouldn't we have a decent defender on the bench rather than Zapata or Paletta if we do decide to go for a back 4? Should Romagnoli be the one who sits? I don't know, he's been injured and is not fit enough to start, so that plays a factor as well. Bonucci was an opportunity, one that we shouldn't have missed out on, simple as that. To pass up on him just so your 2 defenders can still have their undisputed places makes zero sense.

It does, and yet signing him has caused an undeniable problem. Our defence is hopeless and our best defender, based on form, sits on the bench. I am not smearing Bonucci, nowhere in my post do I dismiss his ability. But his presence is causing a problem - he fell out with Allegri, could the same already have happened with Montella? Something is not right.

Why should Romagnoli not sit out? Because he's our best defender on the pitch. He's been axed for no reason and sees two guys on the field in his place who aren't delivering.

You might be right that we couldn't pass Bonucci up, but so far it's just not worked and has caused more issues than benefits.

Lastly, we knew the team wouldn't instantly click, we knew that we'd go through rough moments, obviously we'd hoped that we wouldn't have a massive meltdown at the first difficult hurdle but Montella is obviously making it more difficult for himself than it has to be. I have been one of his staunchest defenders here, even when we started to slide last season when injuries and fatigue came into play. But right now I simply don't have it in me to defend him anymore as he's clearly making bad choices and he's unwilling to admit that they're part of the problem, his post match yesterday was crossing a line for me.

What did he say?

We brought in good players, maybe not top class ones but all are very capable footballers. But if you're not going to use them correctly, what's the point?

That's the problem - Milan deserve better than 'good players'. And that's my point. We thought we were rebuilding with great players - not world class, bar Bonucci, but really good players. And yet they're looking bang average.

Montella's management is not helping, no denying it. But we agree they're only part of the problem.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 11 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 11 2017, 03:08 AM) *
Spending 250M Euros is nothing in football any more. When only five years ago spending such sums would be considered fantasy football, now it’s a pretty modest amount of money.

The fact the world had a giggle over Neymar costing what he did rather than being absolutely outraged was a result of it not being bothered by Ronaldo, Kaka, Bale, Suarez, Pogba etc etc.

The harsh reality is it’s not how much you spend, it’s what on. If Everton can chuck near 200M on players, that gives some idea how unimportant the sums really are now. It’s what you get for your buck, that’s what matters.

I though we all had a concensus that there a difference between leagues when it comes to spending and the quality of players/transfer fees. You can't compare Everton's transfer window to Milan's. It doesn't matter how much they spend, they are able to do so cos of so many external factors. I would only compare our transfer window to Serie A teams and I am sure Milan did best. We also know why we werent able to attract players like Moratta, we are still out of CHL and that is none of new menagament's fault. So, instead of saying that Milan spent nothing, I'd rather say that we spent most in Serie A, got the best players and got rid of trash players like Niang, Bacca and co.

So when Milan spent around 250M, it was by no means a guarantee of success. What the money was spent on mattered more, and if we look at the first three matches in Serie A that this team has produced, it looks like a complete waste of cash and a squad in the same place it was last season.

This is true, even 1bln doesnt guarantee success, cos there are planty of other factors to take into consideration - like i will mention later, that is why you dont get to judge a team that made 11 transfers in one transfer window. There is a complete difference between on what we spent and on how the team is looking currently. Fassone can't look in the future, he can bring a great player, but he can't know for sure that a certain player will succeed or not. It's a matter of investment/risk, so in most of the transfers the risk is worth for the summ.

Of course, there’s more to it. Montella’s tactics this season have been an absolute comedy, as have many of his selections. Picking the likes of Calabria, Montolivo, Borini and shoving them in an ill-fitting system has been the tactical nous of an amateur.

From praise last season that he was getting the most out of limited resources, he is now managing to reduce Milan’s spending to something well below what we thought it got us.

I agree 100% with this assesment. To hell, I had this opinion about his system even when most of the friends here said I was wrong to ask for a 3man defense.

Milan are playing more or less exactly the same as last season. But why? If we look beyond Montella’s increasingly erratic, unconvincing and poor management, why are the players struggling so badly?

Why has Kessie gone from a monster to out of sorts? Why does Bonucci look so damn awful? And have you ever seen Jack look as plain p*ssed off as he did yesterday? Why are players arguing with each other? Why is no one talking to each other?

Hmmm I agree partially, we are playing the same cos of Montella is insisting in his old system yet we are playing the way we are playing also cos we have 7-8 new players in the starting formation. I dont think players are arguining in general, it just happened 1 time and it's not strange for that to happen when u are down 4 to Lazio. Dont make it seem like the general rule is that the team is arguing and not talking to each other.

There is a weird problem at Milan, and it centres around three players, in my humble opinion:

Donnarumma, Romagnoli and Bonucci.

Donna lost the support of fans with his summer transgressions – the ugliness over the whole thing has still not entirely gone, especially as he got his useless brother a cushy gig based on nothing more than ‘who you know’. He has actually played ok this season at times, with a few very smart saves – but the summer behaviour has left a lingering aftertaste.

Then there’s the bigger issue – BonRom I’ll call it. I am going to state this now – Bonucci was a mistake of a signing. Milan had already established our defensive pairing. It was Musacchio and Romagnoli. I wasn’t hugely fond of it but was ready to give it a chance.

Then we signed Bonucci. That changed everything. Romagnoli is now a benchwarmer despite being our best defender and the Bonucci issue is starting to affect the whole team. Our captain doesn’t lead, he doesn’t communicate, and he has displaced our best defender onto the bench.

Musacchio could be benched? Yes. But then, why sign him? This is the dichotomy the signing of Bonucci has caused. We won’t give our team the three at the back, and with the two one of our defenders has to be ditched. And it’s Romagnoli who on no level deserves to be. It can’t be Musacchio because he’s a new signing and didn’t come here to be benched.

It’s a mess, and it’s completely ruined the potential of a defence which looked like it was on the right track. We were so excited by Bonucci but it’s upset us.

It’s not the only issue but it’s a major one.

As for Donna, we all know what happened, but as soon as he renewed, he was recieved with a warm heart at San Siro in the 1st game, you cant really deny that. And the fact is he is performing better than he was performing in the ending part of the last season ergo the situation created with the renewal didnt really influence his performance in the pitch this season, at least not for bad. So there is no issue here.

LOL, Bonnuci a mistake. So, from the best signing he now goes to a mistake kind of signing, ok. So when you are saying that Bonucci not only wasnt necessary, he was a mistake too. Well I dont know if you know but the plan was for Paletta and Zapata to get sold, so do you really honestly think that Gomez and Vergara could actually replace Romagnoli or Musacchio if - no ifs there, Romagnoli is quite often injured, replace one of them ?! Interesting. Now imagine if we actually played 3-5-2 and we all knew that could happen even since we got Conti and Rodriguez and got rid of the wingers cos they play as wingers not fullbacks, we would have a defence of Musacchio - Gomez - Romagnoli. Better than the one with Bonucci in it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Romagnoli is not our best defender, I would argue that even Musacchio is better than him, he isnt in bench cos of Bonucci, he is in bench cos he was injured, not 100% ready and cos Montella doesnt have the balls to play 3 man defense.

You can only talk about yourself buddy, I still believe in Bonucci and that he will lead this team, this defence and will help Romagnoli grow. But as I said, we need time to prove you wrong cos you will judge even the best players by only 1 game.

If anything Bonucci will change things for the best, but I can't argue with you cos you like to judge players, even best ones by 1 game only, while I think time will make you repent and withdraw your words.

Up front is another – why sign Kalinic and Silva to leave them benched? As much as I don’t hate Borini, I concede he offers little beyond running. Well, that’s really not enough.

And midfield is just producing nothing – Kessie has gone from a colossal mid to a meek mess. Montolivo shouldn’t be there. And Biglia looks absolutely passive.

It comes back to the formation, the manager, the defence, and the selections.

The problem is not why we signed Kalinic and Silva, the problem was why Montella benches them.

This was Biglias 1st game with Montolivo as his partner, that is enough of a reason if you thought he wasnt that good. Yet everyone saw that he is a decent improvement to our old midfield. Well not everyone, not you.

It all comes back to the formation, manager and the selections. True.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 11 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

There is also that inescapable feeling that our new players actually aren’t that good. Our most impressive two players this season have been Suso and Cutrone – none of the new lads have consistently impressed – whether that’s the system I’m not sure, but is it the system which stops a professional footballer being able to pass to a team mate?

That is on formation as much as it is on the Series A phylosophy. We are not talking about simple passing here, but yes, it's very difficult to adjust to new players and new phylosophy of the game. Otherwise, we wouldnt be talking about the time needed for the team to glue.

I’ll be honest – the only signing we made I actually knew was Bonucci. I’d never heard of Conti, Kessie, Silva, Kalinic, Rodriguez, Biglia or Calhanoglu. Maybe that’s my inferior football knowledge at play, or maybe it’s that we saw shiny foreign names and assumed they had to be better than what we have. Maybe both. All the criticism from Sheva now seems to have some merit.

Personally for me I knew Bonucci, Biglia, Calhanoglu and Rodriguez quite good, I knew Musacchio, Silva and Kalinic partially, while I didnt have much knowledge regarding Conti and Kessie but they were Atalantas players, nothing new for Italian scouts. I had my reservations regarding Conti and Silva, while for others, I'm sure they will reach their best pretty soon.

Maybe this all needs time to settle. Maybe. Or maybe it’s another false dawn, bad signings, poor management and another season of mid table mediocrity.

YES ! NO !

Milan didn’t fail our first real test v Lazio, we failed it against Cagliari. Fifth bottom team with 11 men outplayed us and deserved to win.

Against Lazio we were decimated by a team that was fitter, sharper, leaner, quicker, and better organised. And yet they will likely finish around 6th or 7th.

This is all incredibly poor and whether a change in manager will fix it I don’t know. But right now it’s new players, new owners, new staff:

It all depends on your expetations, if you expect a super Milan from the week 1, you will get dissapointed. Yes, Lazio was much better and that is mainly cos those players play together for years now and know each other very well. And this actually proves my point by a lot.

same old Milan.

Couldnt disagree more, as I said, there are many external factors that might make this team look like its old Milan (regarding the results), but you will get surprised for good pretty soon.

I would say, an ambitious new Milan project that will need time but has lots of potential.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 11 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #6

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 11 2017, 01:08 AM) *
Montella’s tactics this season have been an absolute comedy, as have many of his selections.

He has actually played ok this season at times, with a few very smart saves – but the summer behaviour has left a lingering aftertaste.

Our most impressive two players this season have been Suso and Cutrone – none of the new lads have consistently impressed – whether that’s the system I’m not sure, but is it the system which stops a professional footballer being able to pass to a team mate?

Dude, what season? It's not even mid-September yet! Reading through your post feels like we're in February or something, when in reality we've only played three proper games thus far. We all need to take into consideration that it's very early to judge the signing campaign.

Obviously it could have been a better start, that goes without saying. Montella had more than a month to give an identity to this team, yet the season has started and he's completely clueless. Our best hope is that he gets his head out of his butt ASAP.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 11 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Montella: "We appeared in terrible shape against Lazio, 3-man defense was already planned. We owe the management and fans a reaction. We slept little yesterday. But we can draw some individual insights and grow as a team and individually also in game approach. Analyzing and reviewing the game we've deservedly lost the game. We had started the game in a very good way. This result will be resolved with time, work and a pinch of humility. When I lose I like to analyze & understand where I could be wrong & where I could do more. Yesterday there were many things I could have done more."

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 11 2017, 11:25 PM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Darc, I'll respect everything you've said but just clarify one thing I believe you've misunderstood:

I don't judge players after one game, I call a spade a spade. If Messi has a bad game I call it as it is. I don't wishy washy around it and say 'he needs time'. That may be true as well, but I simply express opinion on what I'm seeing. It's not meant to be a definitive projection or categorical. After all I've praised and criticised Suso in equal measure. I call it like it is right now, rather than saying 'in a month he'll be incredible'.

As for the Bonucci issue, it is exactly - in hindsight what I wish is that he had been signed earlier, and we hadn't bothered with Musacchio. Then we'd just have the nice neat BonRom pair and that would be that.

This way around is creating a real problem.

And yes, I think it was a mistake but one I suppose we had to make. You don't turn down a player like Bonucci. The problem rests in how it's been integrated.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 11 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 11 2017, 10:13 PM) *
Montella: "We appeared in terrible shape against Lazio, 3-man defense was already planned. We owe the management and fans a reaction. We slept little yesterday. But we can draw some individual insights and grow as a team and individually also in game approach. Analyzing and reviewing the game we've deservedly lost the game. We had started the game in a very good way. This result will be resolved with time, work and a pinch of humility. When I lose I like to analyze & understand where I could be wrong & where I could do more. Yesterday there were many things I could have done more."

Didn't he say post match that he defended everything?!

I think our manager is feeling out of his depth now.

Sad to think last season we were all calling him the best coach in Serie A.

Now I don't think he's even the best coach in Milan.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 11 2017, 11:29 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 11 2017, 08:50 PM) *
Dude, what season? It's not even mid-September yet! Reading through your post feels like we're in February or something, when in reality we've only played three proper games thus far. We all need to take into consideration that it's very early to judge the signing campaign.

We've played seven competitive fixtures. I think that is fair to form some kind of opinion.
One that can change, of course, but it's not invalid to have some kind of thoughts about what we're seeing?

Obviously it could have been a better start, that goes without saying. Montella had more than a month to give an identity to this team, yet the season has started and he's completely clueless. Our best hope is that he gets his head out of his butt ASAP.

Interesting - you judge Montella's performance after a month yet not the team's?

Forget last season - this is a clean slate. And so far he's as bad as the system he's putting out and the players he's putting in it.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 11 2017, 11:36 PM
Post #11

I'm saying the team as a whole has an entire season look forward to, and plenty of time to improve. So does Montella. But obviously as a coach, being handed the team with the new arrivals in July, he should have solved all his doubts by now. Yet it took one defeat to shake his entire plans, and hence we're starting from square one again.

But like I said, the idea is for Montella to gets his head out of his butt. I don't mind a slow start as long as things are done right in the long term.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 12 2017, 01:14 AM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

The worrying thing is the last time Montella was impressive as a coach was around November last year. Briefly he got us second with a feeble squad.

Since then there has rarely been a batch of more than two matches where he's been convincing. That is fast approaching a year.

I'm not actually asking for him to be fired, but I know he's not performed for a long time. With both a poor and good squad.

Like I said, clean slate - we start again - but if we do look at past history, there's no evidence he has what it takes. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 14 2017, 09:00 AM
Post #13

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Lot of interesting reactions here. But I'm on vacation in India and I can't be bothered. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Just a point - I continue to hate the 3-5-2 formation. If we're playing something like a 3-4-3 or even a 3-4-1-2 I might be more optimistic.

In general though this whole 3 man defence just because we have Bonucci in there seems weird to me. There are other things we need to consider. There are lots of teams playing a 4 man defence with a ball playing CB.

I think this team's biggest problem is that left flank. We have to find a way to make Jack and Hakan co-exist since Suso, Kessie and Conti have the right side sealed out.

Kessie's flop I blame it on fatigue. He's played 90 minutes for almost every match including the friendlies. And for the internationals as well. We need to give him a couple of days off.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 14 2017, 01:20 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 14 2017, 09:00 AM) *
Lot of interesting reactions here. But I'm on vacation in India and I can't be bothered. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Just a point - I continue to hate the 3-5-2 formation. If we're playing something like a 3-4-3 or even a 3-4-1-2 I might be more optimistic.

In general though this whole 3 man defence just because we have Bonucci in there seems weird to me. There are other things we need to consider. There are lots of teams playing a 4 man defence with a ball playing CB.

I think this team's biggest problem is that left flank. We have to find a way to make Jack and Hakan co-exist since Suso, Kessie and Conti have the right side sealed out.

Donna
Conti - Musacchio - Bonucci - Rodriguez
Kessie - Biglia
Suso - Hakan - Bona
Kalinic

But no one listens to me.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 14 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2017, 01:20 PM) *
Donna
Conti - Musacchio - Bonucci - Rodriguez
Kessie - Biglia
Suso - Hakan - Bona
Kalinic

But no one listens to me.

I don't agree on two fundamental tenets - that Kessie can work in a DP. I know I know he worked in one at Ata, but this isn't Ata. He sucks when sitting in and recently has been in mediocre form going forward. I don't think sitting on the right of a 3 is helping him at all.

As for the four man defence, it's all been said. And our esteemed coach says we're going 3 at the back now.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:18 PM