Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan sale to go through!, Chinese consortium to acquire for 700 MM Euros

X-Offender
post Apr 14 2017, 07:42 PM
Post #166

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Mediaset saying that our budget for this summer will be 50 million. WTF?! That's peanuts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 14 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #167

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 14 2017, 07:42 PM) *
Mediaset saying that our budget for this summer will be 50 million. WTF?! That's peanuts.

Who owns Mediaset...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 14 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #168

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 14 2017, 07:42 PM) *

Most outlets are in agreement that it's around the 150m mark

That and Fassone said that it's a big budget today. I don't know, but I don't think he'd say anything if that's just 50m

That being said, I read that what they will basically do is make the transfer payments in instalments, which is a common practice (not just a Galliani method for doing things) so basically let's say we buy Aubemayang and he'd cost 80m and they make it in 20m instalments. That means the budget is only impacted by 20m for this transfer campaign

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 15 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #169

Maybe it was a typo and they meant 150 million. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Anyway, Fabregas seems to be the main target right now. I'd be delighted if we signed him, but I would also consider a good holding mid. My priorities:
  • CB to pair with Romagnoli (apparently we're in for Musacchio but I don't really know how good he is)
  • Holding mid with good feet that can distribute the ball (Badelj?)
  • Fabregas
  • Top CF (Belotti?)

If we make these four signings our team would be immensely improved and we could easily aim for a CL spot.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 15 2017, 04:52 PM
Post #170

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I think we need to redefine and rethink our defense. Several players are questionable IMO, and what we need is: a stable, quality and offensive fullback - haven't had that kind of a player in ages (Serginho?); a CB with experience to pair with Romagnoli (not Musacchio, I'd prefer someone more experienced and already a winner) and a reserve seasoned yet good keeper.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #171

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 15 2017, 04:04 PM) *
Maybe it was a typo and they meant 150 million. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Anyway, Fabregas seems to be the main target right now. I'd be delighted if we signed him, but I would also consider a good holding mid. My priorities:
  • CB to pair with Romagnoli (apparently we're in for Musacchio but I don't really know how good he is)
  • Holding mid with good feet that can distribute the ball (Badelj?)
  • Fabregas
  • Top CF (Belotti?)

If we make these four signings our team would be immensely improved and we could easily aim for a CL spot.

Well Cesc would definitely be a dream signing. And honestly Badelj? I was all in for him last summer when we were poor and had a very low bar set for ourselves but we should definitely be looking at better players if we want to make the instant jump in quality to get us into the CL Fassone was talking about

Like I said in the transfer thread, I would personally ignore all other positions if it came down to it and first put my entire sole focus on that midfield

Fillipo, the defence wouldn't be half as bad if it wasn't continually exposed by our mids during long stretches of any given game. Until the issues in midfield are addressed it's pointless to spend big on a striker or defender (like we have done in the past already), the problems we have now will still persist

The Cesc rumours if even fractionally true and we're just interested in him already give me great hope, as it means that Mirabelli is already looking at the right pofiles.

For me, the priorities would go as follows:

Tier 1:
1. Regista - Could it be Cesc, my mind tells me it's wishful thinking, my heart is telling me to get excited
2. Box-to-box mid that's good on both sides of the ball - Absolute dream would be Radja and if we have the cash I personally think it's possible if the player would be willing to come. Still if Radja is not a possibility there are other options out there, as long as Kucka is moved to the bench

Tier 2:
1. CB - Yeah Musacchio is a big question mark for me, mostly because I've never seen him play and he has a spotty injury history, My personal choice would be De Vrij, there are reports Lazio want 20m for him, that's very do-able for us and he'd instantly improve our backline, plus he's Seria A proven. Also, what do you think of Fiorentina's Rodriguez? He doesn't want to renew his contract and could be a low cost solution for the bench which would allow us to move Zapata and Paletta on
2. LW - We have Deulofeu now, but I think he's gone in the summer, and even if we do manage to keep him our options in that position are very limited, if Suso or Deu are out we're screwed. Moving Bona there was an option but I think he was much more effective in midfield at the start of the season, plus we have no way of knowing how he'll do when he returns from injury

Tier 3
1. LB - I want to see us give DS one final chance at RB. We need to bring in a proper LB either way
2. CF - Belotti would be a dream but we've been linked to Aubameyang and Benzema more than him, I don't know if he's even on the radar atm

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 16 2017, 11:10 AM
Post #172

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Nainggolan? No thanks. We need professionals and players who'll bring in positive attitude and mentality, not poison for the whole squad.

First, we have to sell or loan out a bunch of unnecessary/not fitting players like Paletta, Vangioni, Montolivo, Bertolacci, etc. Then we have to take into account that some players, like Bacca, could very well leave or be sold.

So I think next summer will be crucial. We should be signing 2-3 top players (striker if Bacca goes, midfielder, winger) and a few talents or potentially very good players to solidify the midfield and the defense. Yes, much of the trouble was caused by the midfield yesterday. But that doesn't exclude MDS from being piss poor.

All great or at least CL-position teams have good to great fullbacks. All of them have fullbacks who can defend and attack. We don't have a single fullback who is capable of penetrating (bar Abate sometimes) the opposite defense and causing real trouble. MDS, Antonelli, Calabria and Vangioni are nonexistent options.

And what's that with giving MDS a chance as right back now? Han, you were one of the most ardent critics when coaches put him on the right. What's changed? I think you're grasping for a hail mary here.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 16 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #173

Allievi Nazionali

You kidding me?! You don't want Nainggolan?!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 16 2017, 02:07 PM
Post #174

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 16 2017, 11:10 AM) *
Nainggolan? No thanks. We need professionals and players who'll bring in positive attitude and mentality, not poison for the whole squad.

First, we have to sell or loan out a bunch of unnecessary/not fitting players like Paletta, Vangioni, Montolivo, Bertolacci, etc. Then we have to take into account that some players, like Bacca, could very well leave or be sold.

So I think next summer will be crucial. We should be signing 2-3 top players (striker if Bacca goes, midfielder, winger) and a few talents or potentially very good players to solidify the midfield and the defense. Yes, much of the trouble was caused by the midfield yesterday. But that doesn't exclude MDS from being piss poor.

All great or at least CL-position teams have good to great fullbacks. All of them have fullbacks who can defend and attack. We don't have a single fullback who is capable of penetrating (bar Abate sometimes) the opposite defense and causing real trouble. MDS, Antonelli, Calabria and Vangioni are nonexistent options.

And what's that with giving MDS a chance as right back now? Han, you were one of the most ardent critics when coaches put him on the right. What's changed? I think you're grasping for a hail mary here.

First, you wouldn't want Nianggolan? Say what? Imagine him and Fabregas in a double pivot or part of a 3-man midfield. 70% of our problems in both attack and defence would be instantly solved imo

Sure, getting rid of the excess (Bacca included here) is a must, but we're no longer in a position where we have to sell one player before we get another (Galliani's famous; If someone leaves he will be replaced if everyone stays we're good as we are). I have no doubts that certain players will be moved on and it is a pressing matter but not as much as it was before as we don't have an unnaturally oversized squad like we have had in the past

Look, I think DS is a good defender, he's not so good going forward, no doubt about that. Did he have lapses yesterday? Yes, but so did Romagnoli, Calabria and Donna. When your midfield is constantly exposing your defence to one on one situations the errors we saw yesterday will continue to happen. That's why I have said before and will keep on saying until I'm blue in the face, that until the midfield is fixed, we can spend all the money we want on the other areas of the pitch, it's not going to fix our problems

As for DS, he's played on both sides this year, and I was far more impressed with him when he played on the right. And you are correct, that in the past I was a staunch advocate for him being used on the left as he always showed better performances there and not at RB. But THIS season when he has played at RB he's been better imo

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 16 2017, 12:21 PM) *
You kidding me?! You don't want Nainggolan?!

This

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 16 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #175

Nainggolan is as professional as professionals can get. A true example on the pitch. You're completely wrong here, Fillipo. Don't be fooled by his tattoos and hairstyle. Beckham was also flamboyant, but in the words of Ancelotti, he was the most professional player he's ever trained.

That being said, I don't think Roma will sell him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 16 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #176

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 16 2017, 04:13 PM) *
Nainggolan is as professional as professionals can get. A true example on the pitch. You're completely wrong here, Fillipo. Don't be fooled by his tattoos and hairstyle. Beckham was also flamboyant, but in the words of Ancelotti, he was the most professional player he's ever trained.

That being said, I don't think Roma will sell him.

Well, Roma have shown in the past (more than once) that if you offer them enough money they'll accept it.

It's mostly a matter of whether we can offer them that money and if the player wants to come to a rival team

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 16 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #177

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

The transaction on a whole cost the Chinese a tad over one billion euros. This transaction is a mix of equity and debt, hence the Elliot fund. The funds were routed to settled Milan's debt (which today is zero, the absolute lowest amongst all top clubs world wide), the running costs and acquisitions during the past season, The rest is valuation of the club.

After a huge transaction You'd expect the summer transfer window to be very promising no? Well yeah, but I wouldn't want them to go for anybody, I'd rather they build the team gradually over the next two/three years. Preparing a team capable of representing Milan. Not a new Galacticos.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 17 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #178

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 16 2017, 07:25 PM) *
The transaction on a whole cost the Chinese a tad over one billion euros. This transaction is a mix of equity and debt, hence the Elliot fund. The funds were routed to settled Milan's debt (which today is zero, the absolute lowest amongst all top clubs world wide), the running costs and acquisitions during the past season, The rest is valuation of the club.

After a huge transaction You'd expect the summer transfer window to be very promising no? Well yeah, but I wouldn't want them to go for anybody, I'd rather they build the team gradually over the next two/three years. Preparing a team capable of representing Milan. Not a new Galacticos.

You know, I’ve been skeptical for a while now considering all the delays and set-backs in the entire takeover process

But I’m definitely getting excited/hopeful now having listened to Fassone in the press conference. And considering that the club was bought for over a billion Euros, I find it hard to believe that this would be some sort of scam. You wouldn’t spend over a billion to let your acquisition rot.

I was also skeptical of the Fassone / Mirabelli picks, but I’ve read many good things on both. Fassone was part of the team that made the Juventus stadium build a possibility, he only spent a limited time at Inter and Mirabelli has really put his working boots on and has been going to the right games, not to mention, the names we’re being linked with are all very encouraging.

I personally don’t anticipate a Galactico type of transfer market either, but I think there will definitely be a substantial budget. What matters is if the correct decisions are made in the transfer market and we don’t waste a lot of money on the wrong players like we have done in the past

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 17 2017, 12:17 PM
Post #179

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 17 2017, 11:02 AM) *
You know, I've been skeptical for a while now considering all the delays and set-backs in the entire takeover process

Me too, but I stopped short of calling it a money laundering process (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 17 2017, 12:30 PM
Post #180

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 17 2017, 06:47 PM) *
Me too, but I stopped short of calling it a money laundering process (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It might well be. We might have replaced Italian gangsters with Chinese. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:51 PM