> Serie A - Week 4 - Milan - Napoli, Date: 22/09/13 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Sep 18 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Well, I don't have much hope for this one, and if we do play like we have been all season log we're going to face the first (of many) hidings we're about to get this season.

Napoli are doing some great things atm, their defence is sh!t but they're making up for it by simply outscoring the opposition. We need to play it tight across the back, tight across the midfield and we need to have someone behind Balo and Matri who will actually provide them with good support play so that we can counter well when we get the opportunity

The only one who could be back for this is Abate (thank God, no more Zaccardo, absolutely killing me to watch him out there). I don't think SES and Monto will make it here. Thankfully Poli will be ready to start this one so no Nocerino but we have to suffer a Muntari in there but that is something that is inevitable under Allegri. One of my biggest curiosity in life atm is to understand what Allegri's mind's eye sees when he's on the pitch... It must be absolutely amazing, Cristiano Ronaldo/Messi/Modric all rolled into one I'm sure
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 19 2013, 07:25 AM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 19 2013, 05:09 AM) *
Well, I don't have much hope for this one, and if we do play like we have been all season log we're going to face the first (of many) hidings we're about to get this season.

Napoli are doing some great things atm, their defence is sh!t but they're making up for it by simply outscoring the opposition. We need to play it tight across the back, tight across the midfield and we need to have someone behind Balo and Matri who will actually provide them with good support play so that we can counter well when we get the opportunity

The only one who could be back for this is Abate (thank God, no more Zaccardo, absolutely killing me to watch him out there). I don't think SES and Monto will make it here. Thankfully Poli will be ready to start this one so no Nocerino but we have to suffer a Muntari in there but that is something that is inevitable under Allegri. One of my biggest curiosity in life atm is to understand what Allegri's mind's eye sees when he's on the pitch... It must be absolutely amazing, Cristiano Ronaldo/Messi/Modric all rolled into one I'm sure

Yeah..not a lot of hope for this one. Simultaneously, we have Napoli get rid of their biggest player, and they bring in a fresh coach and fresh faces, and look at how quickly they've adapted to a new playing style. Looks like the coach is as big an influence on the team as the players. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

In any case, let's believe the Signore. Games are won in the last minutes. Subs are more important than starters. And we shall happily win every match just like we did against Celtic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 19 2013, 07:31 AM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 19 2013, 07:25 AM) *
Yeah..not a lot of hope for this one. Simultaneously, we have Napoli get rid of their biggest player, and they bring in a fresh coach and fresh faces, and look at how quickly they've adapted to a new playing style. Looks like the coach is as big an influence on the team as the players. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

In any case, let's believe the Signore. Games are won in the last minutes. Subs are more important than starters. And we shall happily win every match just like we did against Celtic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 19 2013, 10:30 AM
Post #4

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 19 2013, 08:25 AM) *

This is why I find it hard to swallow the BS the management keep feeding us.

Napoli don't regularly qualify for the CL, they don't own the stadium. But even though they sell their big name players, they very rarely make a transfer profit. We sell our best 2 players and barely spend any of it back on the team? Berlusconi needs to GTFO and fast.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 19 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #5

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Probable line-up: Abbiati ; Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Robinho; Matri, Balotelli.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 19 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 19 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Probable line-up: Abbiati ; Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Robinho; Matri, Balotelli.

Looks good, but Urby at LB in this particular game is just completely asking for it. The fucking obsession with Muntari is getting so old that I'm not even going to bother talking about it. After the terrible performance he had he still manages to be one of the first names picked in that 11.

Agreed kurt, I'm just so over everything. The biggest problem for us is up top and unless that changes the rest is going to stay as is

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 19 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 19 2013, 01:17 PM) *
Looks good, but Urby at LB in this particular game is just completely asking for it. The fucking obsession with Muntari is getting so old that I'm not even going to bother talking about it. After the terrible performance he had he still manages to be one of the first names picked in that 11.

Agreed kurt, I'm just so over everything. The biggest problem for us is up top and unless that changes the rest is going to stay as is

I think that's the best line-up we can filed right now. Choosing Urby and Muntari over Constant and Nocerino is like choosing the lesser of two evils.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Sep 19 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 19 2013, 03:17 PM) *
I think that's the best line-up we can filed right now. Choosing Urby and Muntari over Constant and Nocerino is like choosing the lesser of two evils.

I think Emanuelson is only marginally better then constant, and that`s not due to natural ability, rather the fact he's gotten so much playing time here and has that pinch of passing technique and decision-making that Constant lacks. Constant, i see as having more upside, should he ever get hot. He is stronger, faster and can occasionnaly beat his opponant in a 1v1 situation....

So in conclusion.....we really ******* need De Sciglio

This post has been edited by il_diavolo_mtl: Sep 19 2013, 07:27 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 19 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 19 2013, 07:17 PM) *

Did you see how Muntari constantly got skinned against Celtic yesterday? He's so slow and lazy!! I want to pull my hair out when I watch him jogging back. Add to that his passing is completely terrible. I don't see him as the lesser evil to Nocerino. Nocerino has spiralled down in these last 2 season but he's still better than this imbecile who's a complete liability in this side.

Constant defends better than Urby simply because he's had more time to adapt to playing at FB. I trust him more than Urby there. Urby just completely forgets that he actually has to defend and we're left wide open on his side every time. His shocker against Toro proved this. I'm someone who wanted to see us actually use him here, because out of all the positions in the formation we play this is the only one he can do anything good in, but he's just terrible defensively. Ask Fillipo as we discussed Urby playing here multiple times and I always insisted that this should be the only place where he should be played, but I was wrong. I think he can still play the position against bottom sides but certainly not against Napoli and their scary @ss wingers.

Our left side is going to be completely ripped apart if we play both him and Muntari there

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 19 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 19 2013, 09:54 PM) *
Did you see how Muntari constantly got skinned against Celtic yesterday? He's so slow and lazy!! I want to pull my hair out when I watch him jogging back. Add to that his passing is completely terrible. I don't see him as the lesser evil to Nocerino. Nocerino has spiralled down in these last 2 season but he's still better than this imbecile who's a complete liability in this side.

Constant defends better than Urby simply because he's had more time to adapt to playing at FB. I trust him more than Urby there. Urby just completely forgets that he actually has to defend and we're left wide open on his side every time. His shocker against Toro proved this. I'm someone who wanted to see us actually use him here, because out of all the positions in the formation we play this is the only one he can do anything good in, but he's just terrible defensively. Ask Fillipo as we discussed Urby playing here multiple times and I always insisted that this should be the only place where he should be played, but I was wrong. I think he can still play the position against bottom sides but certainly not against Napoli and their scary @ss wingers.

Our left side is going to be completely ripped apart if we play both him and Muntari there

I just think that Nocerino nowadays is completely useless. With him on the pitch it's like we're playing with 10 men. Yes, Muntari is just as bad, but like I said, it's choosing the lesser of two evils, and in that case my pick goes to Muntari. At least the goofball is physically strong, can actually tackle, and he can even score once in a while.

As for Urby and Constant, I'm indifferent between the two. They're both downright mediocre.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 21 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Quite simply we're getting our @sses kicked tomorrow.

Regardless of tactics or personnel we're playing Europe's most in form team. We will lose and we may as well accept that.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 21 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 21 2013, 03:08 PM) *
Quite simply we're getting our @sses kicked tomorrow.

Regardless of tactics or personnel we're playing Europe's most in form team. We will lose and we may as well accept that.

Yeah, I can feel the beat down already coming on.

I think best way to play it would be to park the bus and defend for our lives. Try to hit them on the counter when we can. Their defence is terrible and easily the weakest link. Reina is suspect as well. So doing to them what we did to Juve at home last season is the only way we can ever hope to do finish this game with any sort of result that isn't a spanking.

Is Abate going to be back for this one? And when is SES going to be back?

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 21 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #13

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 21 2013, 07:27 PM) *
Is Abate going to be back for this one? And when is SES going to be back?

Don't know about El Sha, but Abate and Niang are fully fit.

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Sep 21 2013, 04:48 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 21 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 21 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Don't know about El Sha, but Abate and Niang are fully fit.

At least no more Zaccardo to worry about on the right, just the left side and nearly every other position in midfield and attack

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 21 2013, 11:04 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Probable line-up: Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Emanuelson; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Robinho, Balotelli, Matri.

Already looking miles better than the atrocity we put up against Celtic

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:37 AM