> Serie A - All Matches - Milan - Napoli, Date: 15/04/18 Time: 15:00 CET

Rossoneri7
post Jan 29 2018, 04:35 PM
Post #46

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 29 2018, 06:31 PM) *
They rested Immobile so he could be fit on Wednesday I think We pretty much played a full strength squad. I think it will be a tough one on Wednesday. Glad for this win though. If we can at least end up in the same place as last season, while making steady progress in Coppa and UEL, it would still be an improvement.

We're now in 7th place and breathing down Sampdoria's neck. Our midfield is steadily improving as well.

Think Ringo is doing the trick? I sure am liking the cohesion that is being buit. Kinda reminds me of the Carlo days, a sense of belonging to the shirt. Not trying to be soft and all, but Ringo is impressing me.

Also would a coppa win lead to qualifying for CL or is it only through EL?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jan 29 2018, 08:32 PM
Post #47

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

Coppa win is EL qualification and EL win would be UCL i think

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 29 2018, 10:17 PM
Post #48

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 29 2018, 11:05 PM) *
Think Ringo is doing the trick? I sure am liking the cohesion that is being buit. Kinda reminds me of the Carlo days, a sense of belonging to the shirt. Not trying to be soft and all, but Ringo is impressing me.

He's got the team running more and giving more. And I think they're kind of responding. It's probably also the pressure of being branded losers. Let's be honest all of them have under-performed.

What I love is how up front and straight he is. He seems like a truly great guy. And I think when he's giving his 200% every day in training the players are maybe even shamed into giving the same. He's a great role model that way.

Is he a tactical genius? No maybe not. But let's be honest, if this team would just play at their usual capability we'd be in Europe. We were failing to do even that.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 30 2018, 11:54 AM
Post #49

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Yes, mentality and attitude is what Gattuso worked on. But basically the same problems with our team remain:

- no true leader who can provide stability
- defensive problems
- too many failed players and mentally weak players
- lack of balance in our team/assessment of certain players questionable

And this is mostly not Rino's problem. We simply shouldn't have had such a season. I mean 17/18 we've played some of the worst football ever, even worse then the Inzaghi season. So the players mostly changed, but the problems remained.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 30 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #50

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 29 2018, 04:35 PM) *

I think for now he is, but I still maintain that it would be a mistake to go ahead with him long-term if he manages to pull off a good comeback to our season. Especially if someone like Conte becomes available

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 29 2018, 08:32 PM) *
Coppa win is EL qualification and EL win would be UCL i think

Yep. And with the teams that have been dumped into the EL through the CL, I can't see the latter happening tbh. While Lazio are a very difficult task in the Coppa

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 30 2018, 11:54 AM) *
Yes, mentality and attitude is what Gattuso worked on. But basically the same problems with our team remain:

- no true leader who can provide stability
- defensive problems
- too many failed players and mentally weak players
- lack of balance in our team/assessment of certain players questionable

And this is mostly not Rino's problem. We simply shouldn't have had such a season. I mean 17/18 we've played some of the worst football ever, even worse then the Inzaghi season. So the players mostly changed, but the problems remained.

The first part of the season was to put it simply, wasted by Montella and his over-experimenting and rotation. I don't think we've really seen what any of the new guys are really capable of tbh as we're only just now seeing glimmers from guys like Kessi and Hakan, heck, even Bonucci and Biglia who all of us thought were sure things going into the season have struggled and are only just now finally managing to assert their authority within this side.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 31 2018, 12:20 PM
Post #51

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I think Conte will be an interesting addition, but I can't in all honesty claim his style is for me. He can be very driven on his point and forceful - something that resulted in Clarence being fired.

If Rino, won a trophy this season and placed us back in Europa League places, would you give him a year longer?

For a new coach- I guess it will be a toss-up between Carlo and Conte. I do wonder if Carlo is sort of 'past expiry' as a coach and if his tactics will hold, but I don't know. I haven't seen his teams play recently.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 2 2018, 09:17 PM
Post #52

Primavera
Group Icon

I respect Rino and would love to see him take charge. But in all honesty this team needs a real coach. Look at how Inter blossomed under Spalletti (while at the same time getting the specific Spalletti-looser touch). We really need a seasoned and experienced man to take charge - something Milan hasn't had in ages. Leonardo, Allegri (who turned out fine but limited), Seedorf, Inzaghi, Brocchi, Mihajlović, Montella - it's enough. Bring in someone who has actually won something and who has the know-how.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 2 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #53

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2018, 09:17 PM) *
I respect Rino and would love to see him take charge. But in all honesty this team needs a real coach. Look at how Inter blossomed under Spalletti (while at the same time getting the specific Spalletti-looser touch). We really need a seasoned and experienced man to take charge - something Milan hasn't had in ages. Leonardo, Allegri (who turned out fine but limited), Seedorf, Inzaghi, Brocchi, Mihajlović, Montella - it's enough. Bring in someone who has actually won something and who has the know-how.

When you think about it, good coaches nowadays are very hard to come by. Except for Ancelotti, I just don't see anyone else with pedigree that would accept a job with us. Maybe Klopp, depending on how his season with Liverpool turns out in the end.

Don't think the likes of Simeone, Mourinho, Guardiola, Zidane etc. will ever sign for us. And guys like Sarri and Pochettino would still be shots in the dark.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 2 2018, 09:34 PM
Post #54

Primavera
Group Icon

Agreed.

Our main targets should be Ancelotti and Conte. If we don't succeed in securing one of them we're already in trouble.

But the I would be willing to give a chance to coaches like Prandelli, Rijkaard (good God how low he fell), Ranieri, Mancini, Donadoni, etc.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 2 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #55

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2018, 09:34 PM) *
Agreed.

Our main targets should be Ancelotti and Conte. If we don't succeed in securing one of them we're already in trouble.

But the I would be willing to give a chance to coaches like Prandelli, Rijkaard (good God how low he fell), Ranieri, Mancini, Donadoni, etc.

Oh yeah, forgot about Conte. He would be awesome.

The other names you mentioned, I would pass in a heartbeat. Prandelli and Mancini? Nah. Rijkaard? He's been AWOL for the past ten years. Ranieri and Donadoni would be shots in the dark. I'd much prefer Sarri instead.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 2 2018, 09:44 PM
Post #56

Primavera
Group Icon

But I'm speaking of realistic targets. Why would Sarri ever ditch Napoli for us?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 2 2018, 10:02 PM
Post #57

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2018, 09:44 PM) *
But I'm speaking of realistic targets. Why would Sarri ever ditch Napoli for us?

More money? Boh.

But the names you mentioned aren't much different than the Mihajlovic's and Montella's we've had.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 2 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #58

Primavera
Group Icon

I think they are. Man, Mancini won a bunch of league titles with various teams and also had a good spell at Lazio. Prandelli had a few successful seasons with Parma and Fiorentina finishing in the top 5 teams. Rijkaard won the CL, La Liga and several other trophies. Only Don stands out perhaps, but how the hell can these results be compared with Montella with 1 supercup and Mihajlović with zero cups won??

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 2 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #59

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2018, 10:05 PM) *
I think they are. Man, Mancini won a bunch of league titles with various teams and also had a good spell at Lazio. Prandelli had a few successful seasons with Parma and Fiorentina finishing in the top 5 teams. Rijkaard won the CL, La Liga and several other trophies. Only Don stands out perhaps, but how the hell can these results be compared with Montella with 1 supercup and Mihajlović with zero cups won??

Yeah, like, a decade ago.

Mancini is terrible, his second spell at Inter proved that. But I never liked him even in his heyday.

Prandelli hasn't coached a club successfully since the late 00s, and failed with Italy in 2014.

Rijkaard, as I said, has been AWOL for a decade.

Donadoni has been coaching low-table clubs his entire career.

On paper the first three might be more qualified than Mihajlovic and Montella, but I don't think they are any better solutions.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 3 2018, 01:03 AM
Post #60

Primavera
Group Icon

I don't know man. Your only argument is that they haven't achieved much in recent years. That's something I guess, but not enough to say they're Montella or Mihajlović level IMO.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:25 PM