Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Carlo: Sheva doesn't fit anymore

KillerMax
post Mar 29 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

While reports in Italy circulate that Andriy Shevchenko is returning to Milan on loan, Carlo Ancelotti warns he wouldn’t suit Alexandre Pato.

Tuttosport among others insist that a deal has been struck with Chelsea to take Sheva on a free loan for a year so the Rossoneri will only need to pay his wages.

These too will be decidedly reduced from the deal he has at Stamford Bridge, essentially following the pattern set by Chelsea in their loans of Hernan Crespo and Juan Sebastian Veron to Inter in recent years.

“I don’t think he would make an ideal partnership with Pato, as their characteristics are too similar,”
pointed out Ancelotti in today’s Press Conference.

“There would be a much better and more balanced pairing between Pato and Marco Borriello, as they have different characteristics, yet they are compatible.”

Genoa hitman Borriello is co-owned by the Rossoneri and could return to base at the end of this season.

Ancelotti also commented on Shevchenko in an unusual setting, as he was interviewed by comedy show Le Iene this week.

He was asked to pass judgment on a series of figures, not naming which one he was actually referring to, but it was quite simple to spot Sheva in these statements.

“He played a nasty trick on us, yet it is difficult to speak ill of him even now because of the great affection everyone had for this person. In a word? Traitor.” (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

The tactician is looking ahead to Sunday’s clash with Atalanta and the fourth place finish that could decide whether he stays on the bench next term.

“The club has been very clear, my future is not tied to fourth place,” insisted Ancelotti.

“It will be a difficult game, because we cannot afford to make any more slip-ups. We are still four points adrift of Fiorentina and that is a big gap.

“There were positive signs in our victory at Torino and we hope to continue along that path. Atalanta have characteristics that make them very dangerous on the counter.”

Atalanta already beat Milan 2-1 in the rescheduled Serie A game back in January at the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d’Italia.

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Portman
post Mar 29 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Member No.: 347

I'm starting to like Carletto and his comments.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Mar 29 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Boriello better not be our only purchase in the attacking department.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 29 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #4

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

“He played a nasty trick on us, yet it is difficult to speak ill of him even now because of the great affection everyone had for this person. In a word? Traitor.”

Are you kidding me?! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) impossible these are Carlo's words!

This post has been edited by zdrossoneri: Mar 29 2008, 04:05 PM

+Quote Post

Portman
post Mar 29 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #5

Berretti

Ancelotti Hints At Gomez Signing

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has hinted that the club may sign Stuttgart’s Mario Gomez in the summer, while he has seemingly ruled out bringing Andriy Shevchenko back to the club.

Gomez & Shevchenko 

The Rossoneri have identified a top-class centre forward to partner Alexandre Pato, as their primary transfer target in the summer.
“I saw Italy’s game and then a bit of the game of Brazil in midweek,” said Ancelotti. 

“Pato and Shevchenko have quite similar characteristics, as they are not static players, although cohesion between great players is still possible. 

“Gomez? The players who coexist mostly are those who have different characteristics: Pato is shorter, Gomez is taller, Pato is faster and Gomez is slower.” 

Future 

Ancelotti’s own future at the club is in doubt, as is his Inter counterpart Roberto Mancini, with reports today stating that Jose Mourinho is in advanced talks with the Nerazzurri to take over next season. 

“My future? The club has spoken clearly, it’s not tied to the fourth place,” he said. 

“It’s impossible that I can take over the national team. I hope that Donadoni continues until the World Cup. 

“Mourinho at Inter? What do I know? He’s a great coach, he can do well anywhere, he likes to play with the press and I think that in Italy he would have fun. 

“I don’t think that it’s very fair to talk about these things, at times the rumours are stretched a bit too much to keep the market alive.” 

Atalanta 

Finally Ancelotti offered some words on tomorrow’s game at San Siro with Atalanta, a game he sees as a must win match. 

“Tomorrow a delicate game awaits us, we know that,” he stated. 

“Being four points behind Fiorentina does not allow us to make any mistakes like against Sampdoria. We are coming from the positive signs of the game against Torino and we must continue on this road. 

“We shall face difficulties, as Atalanta is a team which is playing a good season, but we must try to win.” 

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=639410

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Mar 29 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Carletto: Gomez? The players who coexist mostly are those who have different characteristics: Pato is shorter, Gomez is taller, Pato is faster and Gomez is slower.

(IMG:http://p3.focus.de/img/gen/d/W/HBdWcW3H_Pxgen_r_311xA.jpg)

Make it happen Milan! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 29 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #7

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I've heard about the Iene piece. The clip isn't up on youtube yet, but it's supposed to be pretty funny. The others he was supposed to comment on included Marcello Lippi, Ronaldo, Francesco Totti, Cesc Fabregas, Luciano Moggi, Fabio Capello and Roberto Mancini. In response to a question about what he'd done when the other person treated him badly, Carletto responded, 'Le ho detto vafancullo' (I told him to f*ck off). Bet that one's Mancini -- the two used to have interesting duels when they were both players.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 29 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 29 2008, 03:05 PM)
Are you kidding me?! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) impossible these are Carlo's words!

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

If they are Carlo's words, that's it for me. I don't want him at Milan for another season. Sheva made Milan great, Carlo made us average.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 29 2008, 06:17 PM
Post #10

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Okay, the clip from Iene is up. link

The guys sit Ancelotti down facing the camera and show him pictures of 10 people that we don't see (though they've told us who the ten are - in no particular order - in advance). Ancelotti is then asked to make brief comments about each person and provide an adjective for each.

The people are: Cesc Fabregas, Massimo De Santis (calciopoli referee), Roberto Mancini, Andriy Shevchenko, Francesco Totti, Ronaldo, Luciano Moggi, Ilaria D'Amico (tv presenter), Fabio Capello, and Marcello Lippi.

The adjectives used: Insopportabile [unbearable](twice), Inaffidabile [unreliable], Presuntuoso [conceited], Traditore [traitor], Geniale [brilliant], Svogliato [lazy], Intuitivo [intuitive], Arrogante [arrogant], and Ingombrante [cumbersome].

Here's my guess (and I could well be wrong) at which person matches which adjective:

Fabregas - Unbearable (on account of his goal at the San Siro)
De Santis - Unreliable (calciopoli, nuff said)
Mancini - Conceited
Shevchenko - Traitor (2:56 - 3:25 in the clip. the translation in the article is accurate as to what Carletto says and I can't see how it can refer to anyone else)
Totti - Brilliant (keep in mind that Carletto started at Roma)
Ronaldo - Lazy (this one surprised me and I'm not sure this is the right adjective match)
Moggi - Intuitive
D'Amico - Unbearable (she does a sort of football based reality show. it's a bit obnoxious)
Capello - Arrogant
Lippi - Cumbersome (due to the rumors in Italy that Lippi may be in line for his job)

+Quote Post

Portman
post Mar 29 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #11

Berretti

Thanks for the clip Tennie. And yes, traditore (traitor) is what he calls Shevchenko.

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Mar 29 2008, 07:05 PM
Post #12

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

Carlo, finally some great thinking from you. Maybe better saying, finally some great words from you.

Bring on Gomez and Borriello!
Sell Gila!
I dont think we need other changes in attack.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Mar 29 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

loooool thnx Tennie for the Link (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 29 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 29 2008, 07:17 PM)
Okay, the clip from Iene is up.  link

Thanks for the clip Tennie! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

My guess:
Fabregas - Intuitive
De Santis - Unreliable
Mancini - Conceited
Shevchenko - Traitor
Totti - Arrogant
Ronaldo - Cumbersome
Moggi - Unbearable
D'Amico - Brilliant
Capello - Unbearable
Lippi - Lazy

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 29 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 29 2008, 02:57 PM)
Boriello better not be our only purchase in the attacking department.

Edit: I would rather someone else anyway, he had his time here and failed and I reckon he could fail again.

This post has been edited by I_Rossoneri: Mar 29 2008, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:37 AM