Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A 2020/2021 season, League related discussion / All Milan Games

X-Offender
post May 16 2021, 10:15 PM
Post #2251

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

In 37 weeks of Serie A this season I think we've been out of the first top 4 only once. To finish 5th in the end would be unbelievable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 16 2021, 10:26 PM
Post #2252

Cuadrado's inexistent penalty last night is what's going to kick us out of the CL. Even though there is no justification for our performance tonight, 2-2 between Juve and Inter would have meant we'd be through right now.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 17 2021, 12:50 PM
Post #2253

Serie A revenue from TV rights based on placement at year end:

1st: 23,4M
2nd: 19,4M
3rd: 16,8M
4th: 14,2M

So, besides finishing 2nd for the first time in their entire history, Atalanta also would end up earning 5M more than if they finish 4th.

They're not going to hold back in the slightest against us.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 17 2021, 04:55 PM
Post #2254

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

No one will hold back. That's obvious.

I think yesterday was the end of the line for me regarding Pioli. He's a good coach, but he has no winner mentality and lacks that certain something to become even better or lead us through better times.

CL or no CL I think we should change our coach. Yesterday he disappointed me in every possible way. To let the team start such an important match with so little confidence, will and idea is beyond me. Then he made things even worse by not preparing properly for the game and not having a plan B. His impulsive subs made things worse and made no sense at all: taking off Alexis and bringing in Samu. Relying on both Samu and Hakan to make several crosses with no one in the box. Then not bringing in Mandzo sooner. Then not bringing in Hauge at all. Then taking off our only true tempo giver in Bennacer and replacing him with Meite. Only Dalot played good but that was sheer luck.

I think I've had it with him. And this team with it's loser mentality up to their bones... not being able to win at home, not being able to win when it counts, not being able to win when they must. Typical losers who got luck the Covid19 situations made football without fans a reality; if it were differently we would have been a midtable time like the usual.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 17 2021, 06:42 PM
Post #2255

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 17 2021, 04:55 PM) *

I think yesterday was the end of the line for me regarding Pioli. He's a good coach, but he has no winner mentality and lacks that certain something to become even better or lead us through better times.

CL or no CL I think we should change our coach. Yesterday he disappointed me in every possible way. To let the team start such an important match with so little confidence, will and idea is beyond me. Then he made things even worse by not preparing properly for the game and not having a plan B. His impulsive subs made things worse and made no sense at all: taking off Alexis and bringing in Samu. Relying on both Samu and Hakan to make several crosses with no one in the box. Then not bringing in Mandzo sooner. Then not bringing in Hauge at all. Then taking off our only true tempo giver in Bennacer and replacing him with Meite. Only Dalot played good but that was sheer luck.

I think I've had it with him. And this team with it's loser mentality up to their bones... not being able to win at home, not being able to win when it counts, not being able to win when they must. Typical losers who got luck the Covid19 situations made football without fans a reality; if it were differently we would have been a midtable time like the usual.

100% agreed. Nothing more to add.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 17 2021, 09:43 PM
Post #2256

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 17 2021, 06:55 PM) *

I agree so much with this, sadly.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 19 2021, 09:53 AM
Post #2257

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

If Milan fail to reach CL then it is a very sad day as Donna will most likely move somewhere else, Hakan will follow suit and Pioli will most likely be relieved of the bench.

Then, Milan will have to find a replacement for the above, without CL money and reduced sponsorship income it will be difficult to advance in those fronts.

There is more at stake, the club will not recoup any profits and as such will turn a loss in its attempt to fill in the gaps.

This game against Atalanta is so crucial, it goes beyond the 3 points, CL football or retaining Donna and Hakan ? This could probably take Milan back a couple of years in rebuilding, as the strategy could be all together scrapped along with Maldini and co.

This is an extreme view of what could happen if Milan losses the last game of the season.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 19 2021, 10:50 AM
Post #2258

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 19 2021, 11:53 AM) *
If Milan fail to reach CL then it is a very sad day as Donna will most likely move somewhere else, Hakan will follow suit and Pioli will most likely be relieved of the bench.

Then, Milan will have to find a replacement for the above, without CL money and reduced sponsorship income it will be difficult to advance in those fronts.

There is more at stake, the club will not recoup any profits and as such will turn a loss in its attempt to fill in the gaps.

This game against Atalanta is so crucial, it goes beyond the 3 points, CL football or retaining Donna and Hakan ? This could probably take Milan back a couple of years in rebuilding, as the strategy could be all together scrapped along with Maldini and co.

This is an extreme view of what could happen if Milan losses the last game of the season.

Yeah, I think everyone is aware of what is at stake in this game. This is why the Cagliari game was a must-win.

Let's not forget that we have the youngest team in Serie A. We lack well-established players that could bring us back to the top (a la Lukaku for Inter). This will only come with CL as you said. As for Donnarumma, if we don't get to the CL, I can understand him leaving, it's not about the money anymore at this point. As for Hakan, he's been instrumental in our play in some games, but it's also often a miss rather than a hit. I don't see it as a big deal to lose him to be honest.

We are building a model that will usually get us a good young team but without really the promise of getting into these top spots because of the Champion's league money. We have to believe and win the Atalanta game. If we don't, well..the most logical thing happens, we don't deserve Champion's league and we restart from next season.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 19 2021, 12:18 PM
Post #2259

In the last 16 league games Atalanta have made 13 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss (vs Inter). That's insane.

It's true they've also lost quite a few at home (1-3 to Sampdoria and Lazio, 0-2 to Verona), but that was in the first part of the season. Now they're in super form. How the hell are we supposed to beat them? Especially when you consider how they annihilated us in the first leg.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: May 19 2021, 12:25 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 19 2021, 03:54 PM
Post #2260

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

With grit and determination.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 19 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #2261

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 19 2021, 03:54 PM) *

Yeah, but after Cagliari I don't think our players have any of that.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 19 2021, 10:01 PM
Post #2262

Atalanta 1-2 Juventus

Good result for us. It shows to the players that we can beat them as well. And maybe, just maybe Atalanta will be a bit demoralised after this.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 19 2021, 10:56 PM
Post #2263

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 19 2021, 05:54 PM) *

Like Juve did.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 19 2021, 10:57 PM
Post #2264

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2021, 08:53 PM) *
Yeah, but after Cagliari I don't think our players have any of that.

They do, man, it's just inconsistent or we choke in big moments, I don't know what. Because Juventus and Torino results were excellent.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 22 2021, 03:11 PM
Post #2265

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

Rebic is out. So its gonna be leao starting i suppose

+Quote Post

157 Pages V  « < 149 150 151 152 153 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:00 PM