Jack Sparrow
post Apr 19 2012, 02:51 PM
Post #181

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 19 2012, 06:15 PM) *
I don't buy into the knee jerk notion that if we lose to Genoa we might as well pack our bags and quit football.

Man Utd lost to Wigan and I guarantee they don't intend to quit football.

Freak results do happen, it's how you respond to them which dictates your credibility as potential champions.

Well the difference is we have thrown away a 4 point lead, are 1 point behind the leaders with very few games left to play for.

Man Utd just had their cushion reduced.

If Man Utd had a point less than Man City and then proceeded to lose against Wigan in the most embarassing manner then the press would act entirely differently. And the fans...well let's face it....there's a big difference in stature between SAF and Max.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 19 2012, 03:09 PM
Post #182

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

We already lost to Fiorentina. Two consecutive "freak results" are not acceptable. And yes, like Jack said, ManU had an 8-point lead when they lost to Wigan. We only had a 2-point lead when we lost to the viola and it cost us big time. Another false step and it's bye bye scudetto, for real.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 19 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #183

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

You're both so pessimistic. We're the champions. Last season we drew abysmally with Bari at home on March 13th before then losing away to Palermo the following match in a 'freak' result.

We won the league.

As I said, it's how you respond to bad results which dictates if you'll win the league.

Everyone's too uptight!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 19 2012, 03:23 PM
Post #184

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Last season we didn't lose the lead. This season we did. The title's destiny is in Juve's hands now, and judging from how well they've been playing lately, it'd take a miracle for them to lose it.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 19 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #185

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 19 2012, 12:45 PM) *
I don't buy into the knee jerk notion that if we lose to Genoa we might as well pack our bags and quit football.

Man Utd lost to Wigan and I guarantee they don't intend to quit football.

Freak results do happen, it's how you respond to them which dictates your credibility as potential champions.

Can't agree with this. Man U had a lot of lee-way to make such mis-steps, while we couldn't afford it. We gave up the game against Catania because of Barca and than crumbled completely against Fiorentina. A 4 point lead we had worked so hard to get disintegrated in a matter of a couple of days.

It's simply not acceptable, and if we do lose anymore points than the title is over and done with. I can't see Juve losing more than 2 points from now till the end of the season. They're in great shape again, while we're completely faltering

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 19 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #186

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

If anything, Manchester United should be the Juventus, and Milan should be Man City in this scenario. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) They were the ones playing catchup a few months back, and City were leading. Just like us!

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:46 AM