> Montolivo, Riccardo Montolivo

X-Offender
post Nov 27 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #61

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 27 2012, 02:13 AM) *
Maybe I didn't see much of him as I tend to ignore some games, but I remember him having something to prove because of his previous Inter situation and taking to the field kicking and screaming. I do also know him to be a lazy player.

That was just his first game with us against Cesena. After that he returned to his default state, i.e. lazy, talentless bum.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 27 2012, 12:19 AM
Post #62

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2012, 06:15 PM) *
That was just his first game with us against Cesena. After that he returned to his default state, i.e. lazy, talentless bum.

You and han are always right. That's what people don't understand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 27 2012, 12:28 AM
Post #63

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 27 2012, 02:19 AM) *
You and han are always right. That's what people don't understand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

At least you understand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

vnata001
post Nov 27 2012, 02:00 AM
Post #64

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,681

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 26 2012, 05:19 PM) *

i'm going to come out of the woodwork and say: agreed!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 27 2012, 02:17 AM
Post #65

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Naah, in no way Muntari can be better then Nocerino. I fail to see any relevant aspect.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 28 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #66

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 27 2012, 12:13 AM) *
Maybe I didn't see much of him as I tend to ignore some games, but I remember him having something to prove because of his previous Inter situation and taking to the field kicking and screaming. I do also know him to be a lazy player.

He only kicked and screamed in his first game. Then it was barely a whimper in the rest

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 19 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #67

Primavera
Group Icon

Midfield misleading Milan

I think this is a good read from Football Italia:

Milan’s struggles this season have been well documented, but underperforming individuals in midfield have masked a decent collective. Dylan Fahy writes.

The frontrunners in Spain, Germany and England dominate the top three outfits with the highest pass accuracy in Europe’s best Leagues this season. However, behind respective League-leaders Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Manchester United hover a struggling Milan. The Rossoneri have slumped to seventh in Serie A this term, but have sustained incredible passing exploits behind underperforming individuals.

Massimiliano Allegri’s side have managed to maintain an 86.3 per cent passing accuracy, with the peninsula’s perceived imperious passers Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio further behind. On top of their efficiency in distribution, the San Siro residents have the eighth highest average possession on the continent with 58.1 per cent – while only the Bianconeri can claim a higher medium among Italy clubs.

How have Milan stuttered to such an extent this season compared to the sides around them in these statistical tables then? The middle of the park has been a real sticking point for club, and a genuine lack of clinical assist providers has been evident. The exodus of players in the summer has greatly reduced their ability to create, and the remaining batch have simply not been able to live up to previous standards.

Aside from being the Rossoneri’s top scorer, forward Stephan El Shaarawy has also been the team’s main provider domestically this season with three setups alongside Urby Emanuelson and Robinho. There are an additional four players on two assists, but of those there are two full-backs in Mattia De Sciglio and Ignazio Abate and two attackers in Bojan Krkic and Giampaolo Pazzini.

Kevin-Prince Boateng, Antonio Nocerino and Riccardo Montolivo have amassed a single setup each in Serie A throughout the current campaign. The trio have been the spine of the starting lineup, and since Nigel De Jong ruptured his left Achilles tendon before the winter break and captain Massimo Ambrosini was recently dealt a month long layoff they have been practically irreplaceable.

Boateng has largely been employed as trequartista to limited success, and was one of the worst firing midfielders in Europe before finally scoring against Catania – later receiving a straight red card in the same game. Nocerino has lost the spark this campaign, after finishing the club’s second top scorer last term. His mistakes against Bologna, Lazio and Torino have all directly led to goals. Montolivo has been the brightest of the lot, and has showed unexpected leadership qualities, but has otherwise been blunt.

Milan’s headquarters on Via Turati has been rife with activity since the beginning of January. The arrival of Empoli youngster Riccardo Saponara at the end of the season looks to be an excellent move for the future. Speculation surrounding former playmaker Kaka in recent days does not fall in line with the new project, but there is no doubt that something has to be done to spark this team’s midfield to life.

Link

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 3 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #68

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Bloody hero in the middle. This man has been epic in recent times. He's been very good this whole season but the Juve and Barca displays were out of this world, and last night again he produced.

He's every inch the midfield playmaker we needed and while many thought I was over the top re: his Barca display, I reason it with this:

After Euro 2012 stats were compared between Pirlo, Xavi and Iniesta. Despite folk wanting Pirlo to be named POTT the reason he wasn't was that his pass completion rate was so much lower than those two. Their standards were just way way higher and it was apparent he wasn't quite as good as many people wanted to believe.

Monto, V Barca, was everything Pirlo was unable to be - adding the crucial physical dimension Pirlo lacks.

Monto can do EVERY thing Pirlo can bar the free kicks.

We have ourselves a better version of Pirlo.

My honest opinion and I stand by it.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 3 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #69

Primavera
Group Icon

Think you're going way over the top. Pirlo has the mind of a genius, a maestro. Montolivo manages to give rythm and good passes, but he isn't that brilliant.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 3 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #70

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 3 2013, 03:48 PM) *
Think you're going way over the top. Pirlo has the mind of a genius, a maestro. Montolivo manages to give rythm and good passes, but he isn't that brilliant.

In fact I don't rate Montolivo, a good player don't get me wrong .. But nowhere near the class of Pirlo.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 3 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #71

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 3 2013, 02:48 PM) *

+1

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 3 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #72

Allievi Nazionali

Monto gives us much more now than Pirlo did in his last 3 or 4 years here.

I don't care about the alleged genius thing - I care about commitment and consistency. Neither of which Pirlo had for us.

Maybe Monto isn't 'mercurial' but then neither was Pirlo - he was weak on the ball and most of his passes went astray.

Totally over rated imo.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 3 2013, 04:16 PM
Post #73

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 3 2013, 12:00 PM) *
In fact I don't rate Montolivo, a good player don't get me wrong .. But nowhere near the class of Pirlo.

I'd beg to differ. Their pass completion rate rates in this season's CL are not miles apart (66% for Monto and 74% for Pirlo) - Xavi is above both at 90%.

But Monto makes up for the deficit with a defensive awareness and strength on the ball not to mention ability to blatantly tackle. Everything in our midfield now goes through him.

While Pirlo has this (undeserved imo) 'genius' reputation it's not really borne out in the facts or statistics.

To actually say you don't rate him after his displays this season is a slightly ridiculous view.

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 3 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #74

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 3 2013, 03:16 PM) *
While Pirlo has this (undeserved imo) 'genius' reputation it's not really borne out in the facts or statistics.

And that's why stats are overrated bs.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 3 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #75

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 3 2013, 03:50 PM) *
And that's why stats are overrated bs.

You can't argue with pass completion rate.

I also can't argue with what I saw on the pitch for him for us in his last few years here.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:05 PM