Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winter Transfers 2017

Forza Milan!
post Oct 19 2016, 04:22 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

We are not going to get an unlimited transfer budget, player prices are what they are, and we have a lot of gaps in our team. If there is a very good offer for a player (any player) we should be considering it. But I would not sell unless the offer is really good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Oct 19 2016, 06:21 PM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Oct 19 2016, 12:22 PM) *
We are not going to get an unlimited transfer budget, player prices are what they are, and we have a lot of gaps in our team. If there is a very good offer for a player (any player) we should be considering it. But I would not sell unless the offer is really good.

The gaps aren't significant enough to justify selling incredibly promising young players. Personally I think one of our biggest challenges at the moment is convincing top of the line players that Milan is a worthy potential destination. Selling Romagnoli or Donnaruma would only convince players that we aren't to be taken seriously. Sure, any mid level player on the team should be sold if the price is right but talismans are untouchable.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 19 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Calciomercato says Montella likes Lorenzo Pellegrini of Sassuolo, but Roma have a re-buy option for €10m.

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 19 2016, 07:51 PM
Post #34

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Oct 19 2016, 06:22 PM) *

No, no, no. I don't agree at all. I'd rather we kept our formation the way it is, and watch our players develop than to do this. All of our promising youngsters should be off the market. They represent the future of Milan in my opinion. Specially, that you're talking about players that have passed through our youth system, and are really proving their worth!

Who are we going to get to fill our gaps anyway? I don't think we'll do a deal like Bacca, and we simply can't attract the top players because we are not in the champions leauge anymore. So, if we're going to get someone, it's probably going to be players a la Fabregas or Thiago that are either at the end of their contracts or are kept on the bench. These kind of transfers usually won't take that much money power to get them done.

Also, what's the point of the sale to the Chinese? And why is everyone happy about it if we're going to sell our star youngster for 60 million lol? Berlusconi spent a huge amount last year without even being able to get big cash out of a player. If they're going to sell such players, then I would have prefered Berlusconi to stay. First, for sentimental and historical reasons, (which are very important by the way) and second for financial ones.

So, yeah just keep the youngsters. Try to sign 1-2 veterans for a good deal (CM and a CB), and aim for that champions league spot.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Oct 20 2016, 01:07 AM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 19 2016, 08:51 PM) *
No, no, no. I don't agree at all. I'd rather we kept our formation the way it is, and watch our players develop than to do this. All of our promising youngsters should be off the market. They represent the future of Milan in my opinion. Specially, that you're talking about players that have passed through our youth system, and are really proving their worth!

Who are we going to get to fill our gaps anyway? I don't think we'll do a deal like Bacca, and we simply can't attract the top players because we are not in the champions leauge anymore. So, if we're going to get someone, it's probably going to be players a la Fabregas or Thiago that are either at the end of their contracts or are kept on the bench. These kind of transfers usually won't take that much money power to get them done.

Also, what's the point of the sale to the Chinese? And why is everyone happy about it if we're going to sell our star youngster for 60 million lol? Berlusconi spent a huge amount last year without even being able to get big cash out of a player. If they're going to sell such players, then I would have prefered Berlusconi to stay. First, for sentimental and historical reasons, (which are very important by the way) and second for financial ones.

So, yeah just keep the youngsters. Try to sign 1-2 veterans for a good deal (CM and a CB), and aim for that champions league spot.

The point of the sale is that we get some money and hopefully a competent management team. And while there is no guarantee that this will actually happen, the path we have been on is far from ideal. Not to mention the fact that Berlu is getting old, and his kids are unlikely to invest anything at all if they take over.

In any case, I agree with you that we should try to hold on to key players, particularly the younger ones. However, if we get a high enough offer, I think it should be taken into consideration. (FWIW, I would not jump at €60m for Romagnoli, but a higher offer maybe.)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 20 2016, 02:50 AM
Post #36

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 18 2016, 11:39 AM) *
According to English media, Milan are ready to offer €25m for Erik Lamela.

I imagine it would be laughed off. He's started 9 of 12 games and appeared in all 12. They aren't going to take a loss on an important first XI player. If we offered €40m, they would maybe consider it.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 20 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Arsenal are ready to offer €35m for M'Baye Niang, but Milan will block any move as they are determined to keep the player. #CalcioMercatoWeb

Give us 45m and I would be ready to say goodby to him.

Milan have expressed interest in Lazio defender Stefan de Vrij. #Repubblica

Milan scouts will attend Europa League game Olympiakos-FC Astana this evening. #MN

CorSport: Milan are interested in Fabregas, but Chelsea want Romagnoli in a swap deal. Fassone remains very cold about this idea.

Donnarumma is expected to sign a contract until 2022 with a €3m/year salary. Fassone will meet Raiola after the closing. #TuttoSport

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 20 2016, 08:05 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Fabrizio Romano: Romagnoli is unsellable to Milan. Chelsea are interested, but the Milan defender is untouchable.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 21 2016, 06:51 PM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Milan and Napoli are interested in Sporting CP, 22 year old defender Ruben Semedo according to A Bola.

Fabrizio Romano: Milan remain interested in Lucas Lima. Santos want €20m but the player's entourage are attempting to get them to sell for €15m. Similarly to Gabriel, his transfer fee will be equally divided between Santos, the player's family and Doyen Sports.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 25 2016, 08:43 AM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

GdS: Pavoletti or Verrati. It's an italian Milan. The mister is waiting for new players in january.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 25 2016, 09:37 AM
Post #41

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 25 2016, 03:13 PM) *
GdS: Pavoletti or Verrati. It's an italian Milan. The mister is waiting for new players in january.

Pavoletti and we let Adriano go. Okay. But Verrati would just cut space for Locatelli right? Verrati is young and he won't be cheap.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 25 2016, 09:56 AM
Post #42

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

And would be what we need, no?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 25 2016, 10:15 AM
Post #43

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Yeah. Not really. I'm not sure we need all that many players actually if Mati Fernandez, Sosa and Bertolacci are fit. Especially for January. However we're light on the wings...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 25 2016, 12:01 PM
Post #44

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 25 2016, 12:15 PM) *
Yeah. Not really. I'm not sure we need all that many players actually if Mati Fernandez, Sosa and Bertolacci are fit. Especially for January. However we're light on the wings...

Really? As far as I'm concerned Bertolacci is a big shot (already failed one season), Mati is dubious whereas Sosa struggles to find himself a position in the team.

Man, if we wanna rebuild, if we wanna winning and playing well, we need to look beyond those three.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Verratti would be a dream, but it's never going to happen

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:35 PM