Forza Milan!
post Aug 18 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #46

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 18 2019, 08:13 PM) *
You meant Cesena.

Also, for the other part in bold, Suso on the right? You do realise we'll play 4-3-1-2. So, what right are you referring to?

Yes, Cesena (fixed the post). As for Suso, you are right, what I was thinking will probably not work. That said, Suso was painful to watch yesterday in the TQ role (regardless of what TuttoS**t had to say), yet we are probably going to see him there again. Borini was also disappointing, the entire right was underwhelming until Kessie came in at the end, which is why I am hoping to see something different.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 23 2019, 02:25 PM
Post #47

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Probable line-up for tomorrow:

Mediaset: Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Bennacer, Kessie, Calhanoglu; Suso; Castillejo, Piatek.

Gazzetta: Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Calhanoglu, Borini, Paqueta; Suso; Castillejo, Piatek.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 23 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #48

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Signed up for BEIN sports. So ready for this season!!

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 23 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #49

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 23 2019, 04:25 PM) *

Mediaset: Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Bennacer, Kessie, Calhanoglu; Suso; Castillejo, Piatek.

Gazzetta: Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Calhanoglu, Borini, Paqueta; Suso; Castillejo, Piatek.

Hmm..not so convinced. :/

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 23 2019, 08:13 PM
Post #50

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

So I read Biglia got injured. What a shocker.

Next I read Giampaolo will try Hakan as regista in Biglia's place. That's great. Hakan regista, Suso TQ, Castillejo SS... what could go wrong, huh?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 23 2019, 11:17 PM
Post #51

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2019, 08:13 PM) *
So I read Biglia got injured. What a shocker.

Next I read Giampaolo will try Hakan as regista in Biglia's place. That's great. Hakan regista, Suso TQ, Castillejo SS... what could go wrong, huh?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Equally, we're a midtable side so what harm is there in trying something completely left field?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 23 2019, 11:18 PM
Post #52

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 23 2019, 07:48 PM) *
Signed up for BEIN sports. So ready for this season!!

This team will wipe that optimisically smug smile off your face inside 10 minutes of the match...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 24 2019, 12:19 AM
Post #53

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2019, 01:17 AM) *

Equally, we're a midtable side so what harm is there in trying something completely left field?

We're not a midtable side, we ended up 5th but the current decisionmaking will bring us back midtable.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 24 2019, 09:14 AM
Post #54

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 23 2019, 02:25 PM) *

The Gazzetta one is the most worrying and it's probably the one we'll use

Borini... FFS this guy should not be starting, and in midfield no less. He was half decent in pre-season there but it does not mean he should be starting a Serie A game

Giampaolo said that he'll play those who he's trained more for now, but Kessie has been with this team for 2 years and should be starting ahead of Borini in midfield no matter what

Also, Castillejo is another bad decision, I'd rather Andrea Silva for crying out loud than him as a supposed SS. He's too lightweight to beof any kind of use in that position and has proven in pre season that he cannot really pull it off.

Honestly, I'm getting worried that this management will do no better than the previous ones, the only really good transfer we've made in Benaccer imo, the rest are shots in the dark. Especially Leao, who we spent 30m on when we're desperate to get an SS and have left Correa for the final days, if we even manage to get him. Same with the treq position, why oh why have we left the position up to Suso? They hired a coach who plays a specific system and have not brought in the players he needs to play that system

unless something big happens this last week in the market, this is going to be another painful season for us

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 23 2019, 11:17 PM) *

We're a side with high ambitions but have so far made mid-table moves. I honeslty don't understand why they keep talking about getting back to where we were when the know the finances won't allow it. It just gives the fans false hope. I'd rather the management just be straight with everyone saying: "Look, major mistakes have been done in the past at this club, and it will take time to correct those mistakes, there's FFP breathing down our necks and we can't invest the sums that need to be invested to get back to where this club once was"

I'd rather that then this nonsense we get fed every summer only to be left disappointed once again. The fact that we couldn't get a top coach should have said it all to begin with really

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 24 2019, 11:21 AM
Post #55

What a mess of a line-up. So, we spend 65M and everyone's on the bench. Just great.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 24 2019, 11:39 AM
Post #56

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

We'll see, sky have Bennacer and Leao starting

My main problem is not with them not starting, they are both new to the team and the coach, but Kessie and Paqueta should be starting especially when their alternatives are Hakan and Borini(!)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 24 2019, 12:17 PM
Post #57

Actually, Sky have the same line-up as Mediaset on their website, just checked.

My main problem with that line-up is the too many players out of position in midfield. I mean, Hakan as DM and Borini as RCM? Sure, they’re ahead of guys like Bennacer and Kessie in terms of preparation with the team, but that’s no justification. Both the latter played the Africa Cup, so it’s not like they’ve been slacking for three months straight.

Also, Castillejo ahead of Leao who’s been with the team for a month now. Another brain fart from Giampaolo.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 24 2019, 01:09 PM
Post #58

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 24 2019, 12:19 AM) *
We're not a midtable side, we ended up 5th but the current decisionmaking will bring us back midtable.

We spent most of the season hovering between 10-5 - that's midtable.

If I'm generous we're upper midtable.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 24 2019, 01:11 PM
Post #59

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2019, 09:14 AM) *
We're a side with high ambitions but have so far made mid-table moves. I honeslty don't understand why they keep talking about getting back to where we were when the know the finances won't allow it. It just gives the fans false hope. I'd rather the management just be straight with everyone saying: "Look, major mistakes have been done in the past at this club, and it will take time to correct those mistakes, there's FFP breathing down our necks and we can't invest the sums that need to be invested to get back to where this club once was"

I'd rather that then this nonsense we get fed every summer only to be left disappointed once again. The fact that we couldn't get a top coach should have said it all to begin with really

Yeah we don't have the cash and we don't have the lure any more. But you're right - the club still acts to perpetuate the myth of us being a big club.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 24 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #60

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2019, 01:18 AM) *
This team will wipe that optimisically smug smile off your face inside 10 minutes of the match...

Oh no! I hope not ahah. At least, I will get to support my team.

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:55 PM