> Serie A 2020/2021 season, League related discussion / All Milan Games

Danny
post Nov 22 2020, 11:24 PM
Post #481

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 22 2020, 10:54 PM) *
Meh, I'm not worrying about the beautiful football, it will come again just like it did last season. The most important thing right now is that we're winning games, even difficult ones that we wouldn't have won in a million years before.

+1

Football is about winning. Titles are about winning.

But the Ibra loss is a big issue - he's our quarterback and losing him could well change things a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 23 2020, 12:05 AM
Post #482

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 23 2020, 01:18 AM) *
Tonight was Milan's first win in Naples since October 2010 - a 2-1 victory in which Zlatan Ibrahimović also scored. (Sky Italia)

All these 2010 Scudetto mirrors are giving me vibes I don't even want to think about

I'm already a happy happy man with this win. Imagine a scudetto!

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 23 2020, 12:11 AM
Post #483

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 23 2020, 12:51 AM) *
Wow, never thought we'd win this. Last time we beat Napoli at the San Paolo was in 2010.

It was an ugly match by all means, but I've come to accept the fact that we'll never play great football as we are right now. We're just that cynical team that goes for the 3 points in the most difficult way possible, but at least so far it's working.

And yeah, that looked bad for Ibra. Could be out a couple of weeks.

I agree. I mean there is something definitely wierd about it. We never seemed in control of the game. But, we made it count when it mattered. Party due to Ibra, but also Theo and Rebic feeding him these balls. I don't know what I would change exactly, it's a tough one though. (Probably Hakan) Romagnoli should have done better on that goal. I would have thought he'd improve with age. But for me, he seems to be regressing. Always too worried about the fouls and complaining. On the other side, Kjaer is pure class. I really loved that goal by Hauge. BUT, it is clear he is still a bit lost and hasn't yet fully geled with the team. This could only come with training and playtime.

Anyway, let's see what happens with Ibra, this will be a huge factor going forward.

This post has been edited by William405: Nov 23 2020, 12:13 AM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 23 2020, 12:26 AM
Post #484

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 23 2020, 12:11 AM) *
I agree. I mean there is something definitely wierd about it. We never seemed in control of the game. But, we made it count when it mattered. Party due to Ibra, but also Theo and Rebic feeding him these balls. I don't know what I would change exactly, it's a tough one though. (Probably Hakan) Romagnoli should have done better on that goal. I would have thought he'd improve with age. But for me, he seems to be regressing. Always too worried about the fouls and complaining. On the other side, Kjaer is pure class. I really loved that goal by Hauge. BUT, it is clear he is still a bit lost and hasn't yet fully geled with the team. This could only come with training and playtime.

Anyway, let's see what happens with Ibra, this will be a huge factor going forward.

Agreed about Romagnoli. I wouldn't say he has regressed, but he certainly hasn't improved as much as I had wished for. He's been making some notable mistakes recently.

Kjaer is definitely the better of the two at this point. A true leader, so good at decision-making, very few mistakes. We certainly hit jackpot with his signing.

As for Hauge, like I said earlier his goal was a marquee goal. He has a tough defender like Manolas ahead, but the way he feints his body movement and then accelerates was top class. It reminded me of Kaka's goal against Boca Juniors in some way.

But he hasn't gelled with the rest of the team, I agree. He doesn't understand the mechanisms yet and how to move in the pitch. That can only come with playing time.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 23 2020, 07:48 AM
Post #485

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Serie A table is hot at the top, 2nd place are 2 points away, 3rd are 3 points and 4th are 4 points away.

I don't like this Scudetto talk coming out of the official representatives of the club. Team should stay humble and work to achieve the ultimate target that it can by season end. No expectations, so whatever is delivered will make me happy.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 23 2020, 01:47 PM
Post #486

It doesn't matter what management says. What matters is how the players feel. If they believe they can sustain these results in the long run, then why shouldn't we consider the Scudetto? If anything, that's an extra ambition that can only be a positive thing.

If we play games with the mentality that all we need is a 3rd or 4th spot, we'll eventually lose points where we think it's not necessary. Like the game vs Napoli. Or Inter. The fact we beat those two title contenders both away should mean something. We almost beat Roma as well.

And at the end of the day, if we don't win the Scudetto then it won't be the end of the world cos at least we'd have still achieved our goal, i.e. CL qualification. That's the advantage of being an underdog. You don't feel the pressure like title contenders do.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 23 2020, 01:52 PM
Post #487

Hamstring injury for Zlatan, 10 days of recovery after which he will be re-evaluated. I expect him to return after two weeks, so he'll most definitely miss the games vs Fiorentina and Sampdoria, and make his return vs Parma on 13 December.

Saelemaekers also out for an ankle injury.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 23 2020, 05:27 PM
Post #488

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 22 2020, 11:24 PM) *
+1

Football is about winning. Titles are about winning.

But the Ibra loss is a big issue - he's our quarterback and losing him could well change things a lot.

Agreed, but I also think it matters how you are able to achieve it, at least for Milan it does. I look at Juve for example, they are a soulless machine that romped to the title 9 straight times without barely any competition while playing some really terrible football along the way. I personally like the fact that whenever we've won titles, we've done it by playing memorable football

Of course, I'm not going to complain that we're winning, and I don't agree that we're playing badly either, that 2nd goal for example was a quintessential move since the turn of the year. I just don't think we're pressing with the same kind of intensity we saw last summer post lockdown and we're not as sharp in our passing, but all of this can be improved upon. We still press a lot, I don't see us parking the bus for example, even last night when Napoli had most of the possession, we defended by pressing them and forcing errors. And even though they did control most of the game, I was never really that worried about conceding.

The Ibra injury is a huge blow no doubt, but thankfully it comes when we're facing relatively weaker teams, so we should still be able to pull through without him

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 23 2020, 07:48 AM) *
Serie A table is hot at the top, 2nd place are 2 points away, 3rd are 3 points and 4th are 4 points away.

I don't like this Scudetto talk coming out of the official representatives of the club. Team should stay humble and work to achieve the ultimate target that it can by season end. No expectations, so whatever is delivered will make me happy.

I don't really see any Scudetto talk from the club, who is talking about the Scudetto?

But honestly, if that is the players' aspiration, even better, it means that this team has belief. Setting low expectations for ourselves has really helped us to achieve big goals in the past... #sarcasm

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 23 2020, 01:47 PM) *
It doesn't matter what management says. What matters is how the players feel. If they believe they can sustain these results in the long run, then why shouldn't we consider the Scudetto? If anything, that's an extra ambition that can only be a positive thing.

If we play games with the mentality that all we need is a 3rd or 4th spot, we'll eventually lose points where we think it's not necessary. Like the game vs Napoli. Or Inter. The fact we beat those two title contenders both away should mean something. We almost beat Roma as well.

And at the end of the day, if we don't win the Scudetto then it won't be the end of the world cos at least we'd have still achieved our goal, i.e. CL qualification. That's the advantage of being an underdog. You don't feel the pressure like title contenders do.

Agreed completely.

That Roma game burn more than the Verona one, we lost points there due to a false positive on Donna's covid test

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 23 2020, 01:52 PM) *
Hamstring injury for Zlatan, 10 days of recovery after which he will be re-evaluated. I expect him to return after two weeks, so he'll most definitely miss the games vs Fiorentina and Sampdoria, and make his return vs Parma on 13 December.

Saelemaekers also out for an ankle injury.

I read it will probably be 3 to 4 weeks...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 23 2020, 09:13 PM
Post #489

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 23 2020, 05:27 PM) *
Agreed, but I also think it matters how you are able to achieve it, at least for Milan it does. I look at Juve for example, they are a soulless machine that romped to the title 9 straight times without barely any competition while playing some really terrible football along the way. I personally like the fact that whenever we've won titles, we've done it by playing memorable football

Thank you.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 24 2020, 12:01 AM
Post #490

Allievi Nazionali

x

This post has been edited by Danny: Nov 24 2020, 12:03 AM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 24 2020, 12:02 AM
Post #491

Allievi Nazionali

x

This post has been edited by Danny: Nov 24 2020, 12:03 AM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 25 2020, 02:03 PM
Post #492

Ibra: "The injury is not serious. I'll only be out 1-2 weeks"

Link

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 26 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #493

Hauge with the biggest brain fart I've seen in a wasted counter attack...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 26 2020, 08:57 PM
Post #494

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

2 dropped points, but oh well, we'll probably close this out against Celtic next Thursday

Man, I have to say though, props to Lille. Tactically and physically, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're the best side we've faced this season. They're so compact and resistant to the counter. Not to mention they also employ a high press which suits their physicality to a T. I don't think we've found any other team so far this season that's frustrated us as much imo. We should have won it based on the chances we created, but these are growing pains, especially for players like Gabbia, Hauge and Tonali, who all had their good and bad moments.

One thing I don't understand though is why we didn't play our best setup today and rested players in the Fiorentina match, it's clear Lille are the far superior side, not having Kessie, Romagnoli and Calabria imo was a a big loss for us especially against such a physical side.

Gabbia needs to improve his passing though

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 26 2020, 10:48 PM
Post #495

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 26 2020, 08:57 PM) *
One thing I don't understand though is why we didn't play our best setup today and rested players in the Fiorentina match, it's clear Lille are the far superior side, not having Kessie, Romagnoli and Calabria imo was a a big loss for us especially against such a physical side.

Because we don't give a crap about the EL.

And I agree. Serie A is a priority. We should play the best setup in every game, even against the bottom teams. EL is a bonus. We may try to go as far as possible without much effort. If it works, very well. If it doesn't, no-one will care. But in the league 3 points against Fiorentina have the same weight as 3 points against Juventus.

That being said, I actually do think we played the best setup. Romagnoli had to recover from an injury, Kessie was too fatigued, and Calabria is not a game changer. Everyone else was a starter. Don't forget Saelemaekers, Leao and Ibra are injured.

Maybe we could have played Brahim from the start instead of Castillejo. That's the only change I would have made.

+Quote Post

157 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:28 PM