Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 18 2014, 05:23 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

MILANELLO - On Thursday afternoon, Filippo Inzaghi held his pre-match press conference ahead of Roma-Milan scheduled for Saturday evening at 20.45 at the Stadio Olimpico:

Opening comments: "Against Napoli we made an important step forwards but we can’t get ahead of ourselves though. I have to be rational. I was happy as of the Sampdoria match. Since then we’ve had a constant growth and perhaps we were just missing an important win against a big side. There is now another big match and let’s see how it plays out.”

A focus on Saturday’s match against AS Roma: “It’s a match that every player wants to play in. We know that on paper it’s a tough match but a side like Milan that aims high has to go there and play an open game. We have to play the perfect match. We’re Milan and we’re not afraid of anyone. We’re ready and I’ve noted that the players are very motivated, they cannot wait to play a match like this. I am calm and I think we will have a great match. If they end up being better than us, we will accept that, but they will also have to play very well to beat us. We will have to press them high up."

A word on Menez, who on Saturday will be facing his former side: “I don’t know on what terms he left Roma and how they will welcome him. Menez has enough experience that he doesn’t need my advice. He’s mature and he can have a great match. He thanks me, but he has to thank himself for the attitude that he has, I hope that he continues to grow until he becomes a leader of this club. The difference is made by the willingness of a player towards the coach. I tried to understand with Menez the role in which he would perform best and in training I realised that as a centre forward he plays very well, but I do this with every player, trying to understand in what role or position that they perform best. I choose the formation based around the players."

Inzaghi continued: "I am always very calm because I see how the players train, even after the match against Genoa I remained calm, angry because we didn’t deserve to lose, but we were on the right path. We have very little to lose against Roma, it would be important to obtain a positive result for our future. I look at the performance, and I hope that after a great match against Napoli, the team repeats that type display. It won’t be easy but we’ve prepared for it well, the squad is focused. I am satisfied with the desire and the attitude. It’s good to note that there is a nice harmony from the words of the players. After the winter break we will have a complete squad and I am sure that with a full squad we can achieve great things. I am satisfied, but it would be very important to get a result in Rome."

On Conte and the meeting this week with the Serie A club coaches: "I have an excellent relationship with Conte. We all want the best for the Italian national team and my availability and that of Milan’s in giving a hand is there. I am proud of my players if they play for their national sides."

Inzaghi's comments on Stephan El Shaarawy and Torres: "El Shaarawy has always played, it’s clear there is a lot of competition, but Stephan is very calm and I have a brilliant relationship with him, I hope that he finds consistency with his performances and in scoring goals to help us make a step forward. I think there is mutual respect, I’ve always told him to stay calm, I don’t look at one moment but the attitude. It’s down to me to put him in the best condition possible. Torres has recovered, he had a bit of a fever, but he trained today. We will probably have Alex available for the bench who won’t be in great shape, but 20 or 30 minutes yes. As for Abate and De Sciglio, we will have to wait until after the winter break."

There was also a question about the transfer market which re-opens in January: "No one has asked to leave and our biggest buys will be the 4 players we get back from injury in January: Abate, Alex, De Sciglio and Rami. This morning I spoke to Saponara who like Niang, Albertazzi and Zaccardo are those that have been used less. I am sure that had they been called upon, they would have done their duty."

source: acmilan.com

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Mediaset have Muntari starting. Hopefully they're wrong like last time. Is Poli suspended? If not, I see no reason in changing a midfield that worked well against Napoli.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 18 2014, 08:16 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 18 2014, 09:53 PM) *
Mediaset have Muntari starting. Hopefully they're wrong like last time. Is Poli suspended? If not, I see no reason in changing a midfield that worked well against Napoli.

No. According to Gazzetta Milan will play the same formation like against Napoli, just with Zapata in defence instead of Rami.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 18 2014, 11:55 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Sounds like finally some continuity. Zapata works well with Mexes, albeit better with Alex. So the defence, while difference from v Napoli, will still be half decent.

It's the FB positions we're in peril regarding.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 19 2014, 12:58 PM
Post #6

Mediaset have Poli now as well. Thank god.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 19 2014, 03:55 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 19 2014, 11:58 AM) *
Mediaset have Poli now as well. Thank god.

I'd rather MvG but he's injured. Poli had a terrible second half last weekend. Hope that was a blip.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 19 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 19 2014, 03:55 PM) *
I'd rather MvG but he's injured. Poli had a terrible second half last weekend. Hope that was a blip.

It doesn't matter. He's miles better than Muntari, and much more reliable.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 19 2014, 09:27 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

At the end of Friday's training session, Filippo Inzaghi named a 23-man squad for Saturday’s match at the Olimpico against Roma: Abbiati, Agazzi, Diego Lopez, Albertazzi, Alex, Armero, Bonera, Mexes, Zaccardo, Zapata, Essien, De Jong, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Saponara, Bonaventura, El Shaarawy, Honda, Menez, Niang, Pazzini, Torres.

source: acmilan.com

I hope Inzaghi plays: Diego Lopez, Zapata, Mexes, Alex, Armero, De Jong, Montolivo, Bonaventura, Menez, Torres, El Shaarawy.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 19 2014, 09:41 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

I hope never to see Torres in a Milan shirt again. Bona does more up there than he does, so best to have him there, and Poli in his slot in midfield.

Bona's better as AM but Torres (and SES tbh) is just garbage and offers nothing.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 19 2014, 10:19 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 19 2014, 11:41 PM) *
I hope never to see Torres in a Milan shirt again. Bona does more up there than he does, so best to have him there, and Poli in his slot in midfield.

Bona's better as AM but Torres (and SES tbh) is just garbage and offers nothing.

I think you are very impatient and tick off players to quickly if they don't perform as you expect them to perform.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 19 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Dec 19 2014, 10:19 PM) *
I think you are very impatient and tick off players to quickly if they don't perform as you expect them to perform.

Agreed

I don't get your instant judgement of certain players Danny

For example, Armero, you've been going on and on about him playing ahead of DS for months now, and even if he hasn't been stellar, he's been sort of decent to okay in the games he's played, I've personally always said to you when you wanted him ahead of DS that I don't trust him as a defender, and his performances so far have shown that he's a lousy one at that. But that being said, he's a nice back up to have for DS, especially when you accept his limitations, especially as a FB. So I don't get your complete 180 turn on him after one single game.

Same goes with Torres, you were all for giving him a chance when we signed him, and personally I don't feel like what little we've seen of him was a real chance for him. He played in games where we put out some of our worse performances mostly thanks in part to the horrific midfield Pippo played behind him, he was barely even given anything to play off of. The goal he scored against Empoli was purely down to his talents as a striker because that was a very difficult header to pull off, let alone score from it.

I just feel that a lot of people (not just you but you're the one on here that jumps most at me when I think about lack of patience) just don't give players enough time, especially when we're in a situation where we just cannot throw away a player who is good but is underperforming. This is not 2004, we do not have a squad filled to the brim with world class talent and we can just overlook a young player or a player who is not performing to his standards.

That's why I don't agree with the 3 of you here who would jump at selling SES without waiting it out a bit more, it's not like there's some great big offer for him that we can't miss out on. At this point we'd lose money off him if we sell him now. That's why I don't agree with discarding Torres so quickly because the alternatives to him are the non-striker Menez and the ghost of the former striker known as Pazzini. Menez is what he is, sometimes he can pull off some brilliant stuff other times you want to take his head off with a machete. And Pazzo is finished these days.

That's why I did not agree with Mexes basically being banished for all those months while our defence was falling apart while others were okay with it because Mexes does not fit into the fantasy mould of what a Milan player should be (even though that mould was thrown away years ago). Forget the fact that he's our most naturally talented and skilled defender along with Alex.

That's why I did not agree with people who constantly got on Abate's back, even though he's been an exemplary professional throughout his time at Milan and has improved in leaps and bounds over the years. Oh but he can't cross, let's throw him out and get some other guy who played 3 games in the WC with Croatia, surely he's better than Abate even if he did end up going to Sassuolo and no one has heard from him since.

My point is, we currently do not have the luxury to throw good players away because we have some fantasy of signing better players instead, we're probably never going to sign big players for as long as Silvio remains president. So personally I would like o see us at least try to make the best out of what we currently have

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 19 2014, 11:11 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Dec 19 2014, 09:19 PM) *

5 months is enough time. That's not too quickly at all.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 19 2014, 11:12 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 19 2014, 10:08 PM) *
Agreed

I don't get your instant judgement of certain players Danny

For example, Armero, you've been going on and on about him playing ahead of DS for months now, and even if he hasn't been stellar, he's been sort of decent to okay in the games he's played, I've personally always said to you when you wanted him ahead of DS that I don't trust him as a defender, and his performances so far have shown that he's a lousy one at that. But that being said, he's a nice back up to have for DS, especially when you accept his limitations, especially as a FB. So I don't get your complete 180 turn on him after one single game

Way to go to make sh*t up again.

Same goes with Torres, you were all for giving him a chance when we signed him, and personally I don't feel like what little we've seen of him was a real chance for him. He played in games where we put out some of our worse performances mostly thanks in part to the horrific midfield Pippo played behind him, he was barely even given anything to play off of. The goal he scored against Empoli was purely down to his talents as a striker because that was a very difficult header to pull off, let alone score from it.

I just feel that a lot of people (not just you but you're the one on here that jumps most at me when I think about lack of patience) just don't give players enough time, especially when we're in a situation where we just cannot throw away a player who is good but is underperforming. This is not 2004, we do not have a squad filled to the brim with world class talent and we can just overlook a young player or a player who is not performing to his standards.

That's why I don't agree with the 3 of you here who would jump at selling SES without waiting it out a bit more, it's not like there's some great big offer for him that we can't miss out on. At this point we'd lose money off him if we sell him now. That's why I don't agree with discarding Torres so quickly because the alternatives to him are the non-striker Menez and the ghost of the former striker known as Pazzini. Menez is what he is, sometimes he can pull off some brilliant stuff other times you want to take his head off with a machete. And Pazzo is finished these days.

That's why I did not agree with Mexes basically being banished for all those months while our defence was falling apart while others were okay with it because Mexes does not fit into the fantasy mould of what a Milan player should be (even though that mould was thrown away years ago). Forget the fact that he's our most naturally talented and skilled defender along with Alex.

That's why I did not agree with people who constantly got on Abate's back, even though he's been an exemplary professional throughout his time at Milan and has improved in leaps and bounds over the years. Oh but he can't cross, let's throw him out and get some other guy who played 3 games in the WC with Croatia, surely he's better than Abate even if he did end up going to Sassuolo and no one has heard from him since.

My point is, we currently do not have the luxury to throw good players away because we have some fantasy of signing better players instead, we're probably never going to sign big players for as long as Silvio remains president. So personally I would like o see us at least try to make the best out of what we currently have

Done?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 19 2014, 11:12 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 19 2014, 11:11 PM) *
5 months is enough time. That's not too quickly at all.

How many games has he started in those 5 months?

How can you say that is enough time to make your judgment?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:50 PM