> Summer Transfers 2018

William405
post Aug 15 2018, 07:50 AM
Post #106

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 15 2018, 07:08 AM) *
Diego Laxalt i believe would be a younger version of borini that where ever we have injury crises he could fit in defense, midfield or attack.

I think leo has done okish considering the situation we were in june. We still have not found any agreement with UEFA so we had to make sure that all our spending are backed by selling players. Doing that without selling any player is a good achievement. We have more or less same quality overall with improvement in striker department. If luck favors us then a top 4 finish could be possible. The key difference between last year and this year is that even if we are getting mediocre players, they are for positions which need to be filled rather than every random guy available.

Yes for Laxal. Plus the fact that he will almost be free. As Genoa still owes us money for Lapadula. He is not a bad backup. Very versatile player, don't get me wrong. But, we need to focus on the marquee signing. Or I guess it is too late for it to happen now.

I understand the difficulties of Leonardo though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 15 2018, 11:30 AM
Post #107

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 14 2018, 11:11 PM) *
Another left footed winger? We already have Suso, Halilovic and probably Castillejo. Not to mention he's a pretty mediocre player. Leonardo is starting to disappoint me.

He plays on both sides I read.

Anyway, I think Leo is just doing what he can considering how late on he came on and the mish-mash of players we had

He's had to work within the FFP parameters. His hands have been tied basically. I'll only be really disappointed if we don't get the midfielder we need.

To think the 200m+ that was wasted last summer. If Leo was the SD then we'd have at least 2 top notch players in our squad not a bunch of random decent players

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 15 2018, 05:08 AM) *
Diego Laxalt i believe would be a younger version of borini that where ever we have injury crises he could fit in defense, midfield or attack.

I think leo has done okish considering the situation we were in june. We still have not found any agreement with UEFA so we had to make sure that all our spending are backed by selling players. Doing that without selling any player is a good achievement. We have more or less same quality overall with improvement in striker department. If luck favors us then a top 4 finish could be possible. The key difference between last year and this year is that even if we are getting mediocre players, they are for positions which need to be filled rather than every random guy available.

Laxalt is a good buy imo. He's very versatile and he's someone who can inject some pace into our game. Certainly much better than Borini

I think top 4 at this point with the squad we have is a bit unrealistic tbh. Inter have improved dramatically compared to last season, Napoli have basically stayed the same and Roma have made some minor improvements. I can't see how we can break into the top 4 when those 3 sides are better than us. Not to mention Lazio....

The only way we could achieve that is if we'd gotten a coach like Conte. Rino is simply not good enough to steer a semi-decent side into the CL places imo

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 15 2018, 01:23 PM
Post #108

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

BREAKING: Diego Laxalt will arrive in Milano tonight and undergo his medical tomorrow morning according to Di Marzio.

With Laxalt and Castillejo we've added some much needed width and pace into the side. I think both are good buys, for a total of around 6m (paid this year with the rest being spread over the next season or two).

Yes, they're not marquee signings, and looking at them at face value, they don't appear to move the needle much for us, but I think they'll be crucial elements for us this season. And if we were to bring in Conte in the coming months (I can' see Rino staying long term under Elliot tbh, we have the perfect wing backs for his system in Conti and Laxalt.

What we lacked last season was good rotation options. Both these guys are those good rotation options. Castillejo plays on either side, Laxalt can slot in an position down that left side, and if we stick with a relatively slow Hakan on that LW, Laxalt would be a good pacey foil for him on that side.

We'll see. I think overall, Leonardo has made good moves, I don't think we've improved by a lot, but we've filled the positions we needed, addressed some of our biggest weaknesses, and removed some big contracts off the books which were weighing heavily on the club finances.

With Bacca, Kalinic, Silva, Antonelli, Storari and hopefully Mauri and Monto to follow, we'll have cleared out some big contracts which were basically being paid for players who haven't contributed anything of significance to the club in years if ever.

Anyway, I've said this before, I'd gladly avoid a marquee signing in the wings if it meant we could bring in the midfielder we need. Our midfield has been awful for around 7 years now. It's time to address this issue.

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Aug 15 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #109

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

Back from the grave!!!!

Last offer for the transfer of Sergei…
Posted on August 15, 2018 by admin
La Gazzetta dello Sport:

Leonardo is preparing the last offer of Lotito for the transfer of
Sergei Milinkovic-Savic
Loan for 40 million with an obligation
to repurchase the next summer
for 80 million. The Italian
edition emphasizes this sentence
as “the right proposal”
to tempt Lotito all the same
to let go of the player.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Aug 15 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #110

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I just can't see Lotito letting him leave at this point in the summer. That being said, if we bring him in I think we immediately jump Roma as the 4th best squad in the league and that puts us in serious contention for that 4th place spot.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 15 2018, 04:17 PM
Post #111

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 15 2018, 01:23 PM) *
BREAKING: Diego Laxalt will arrive in Milano tonight and undergo his medical tomorrow morning according to Di Marzio.

With Laxalt and Castillejo we've added some much needed width and pace into the side. I think both are good buys, for a total of around 6m (paid this year with the rest being spread over the next season or two).

Yes, they're not marquee signings, and looking at them at face value, they don't appear to move the needle much for us, but I think they'll be crucial elements for us this season. And if we were to bring in Conte in the coming months (I can' see Rino staying long term under Elliot tbh, we have the perfect wing backs for his system in Conti and Laxalt.

What we lacked last season was good rotation options. Both these guys are those good rotation options. Castillejo plays on either side, Laxalt can slot in an position down that left side, and if we stick with a relatively slow Hakan on that LW, Laxalt would be a good pacey foil for him on that side.

We'll see. I think overall, Leonardo has made good moves, I don't think we've improved by a lot, but we've filled the positions we needed, addressed some of our biggest weaknesses, and removed some big contracts off the books which were weighing heavily on the club finances.

With Bacca, Kalinic, Silva, Antonelli, Storari and hopefully Mauri and Monto to follow, we'll have cleared out some big contracts which were basically being paid for players who haven't contributed anything of significance to the club in years if ever.

Anyway, I've said this before, I'd gladly avoid a marquee signing in the wings if it meant we could bring in the midfielder we need. Our midfield has been awful for around 7 years now. It's time to address this issue.

I don't share your optimism. Firstly, because we severely lack a quality left winger for that 4-3-3. Castillejo is a Suso substitute at best. Whereas Laxalt, besides being a midfielder, is not good enough to be a starter. So, we're still stuck with Hakan as LFW which is atrocious.

Secondly, why are you even thinking of Conte right now? Who cares about Conte and his system? Gattuso is our coach, and we must start the season with the right mindset. Not thinking that Gattuso won't last for long. That won't take us anywhere.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Aug 15 2018, 07:11 PM
Post #112

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I'm somewhere in the middle of being optimistic and being nervous. But if you look at our team and compare with what our rivals have done things look okay. It's only in midfield that we lack compared to the others. This is how I see things currently:

Forwards:

1. Juve
2. Inter
T -3. Napoli/ Milan
5. Roma
6. Lazio

Midfield:

1. Juve
2. Inter
3. Napoli
4. Roma
5. Lazio
6. Milan

Defense:
1. Juve
2. Inter
3. Milan
4. Napoli
5. Roma
6. Lazio

Goalkeeper:
1. Inter
2. Milan/Juve
4. Napoli
5. Lazio
6. Roma

There is room to take the step into CL territory from this. I understand the league isn't won on paper but I think Inter took significant steps to get better. I think Ancelotti will work out for Napoli but there will be issues with some players, they haven't brought anyone in who really pushes the needle. Roma has brought in a lot of good young players but they also lose out from Allison and Naingolan. Lazio lost probably their best defender in De Vrij and a solid winger in Anderson.

There is an opportunity to get into the groove and push for the CL if we see Baka and Castell step up and prove themselves. Plus Hakan has only gotten better and Higuain can find goals for us.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 15 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #113

I have a feeling Napoli will flop under Ancelotti.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 15 2018, 10:57 PM
Post #114

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 15 2018, 04:17 PM) *
I don't share your optimism. Firstly, because we severely lack a quality left winger for that 4-3-3. Castillejo is a Suso substitute at best. Whereas Laxalt, besides being a midfielder, is not good enough to be a starter. So, we're still stuck with Hakan as LFW which is atrocious.

Secondly, why are you even thinking of Conte right now? Who cares about Conte and his system? Gattuso is our coach, and we must start the season with the right mindset. Not thinking that Gattuso won't last for long. That won't take us anywhere.

how is what I said optimistic though?

I actually said I don't think Rino will last long, that's how optimistic I am. We have a difficult starting schedule and we could be looking at going into the 4th week with barely 3 points on the board. Elliot will not be as lenient as our previous owners were imo. Especially since there's a coach like Conte available.

As for the squad. It's not about being optimistic, I'm just looking at the business Leo's done so far. He got rid of most of the players who were useless to us and were a huge drain on our finances and brought in players for the positions we needed. Have some of the names been underwhelming? Sure. But they were still brought in with the tactical plan for next season in mind. We'll see how we do. Most fans are generally disappointed about who we've signed in midfield and on the wings, but Castillejo can only be a surprise as most people are generally underwhelmed by the signing. While Bakayoko is what we needed in terms of someone who can cover Kessie. He was great at Monaco, so hopefully he regains that form.

So with all that being said, I think we've generally improved from last season, our rotation options are better quality as well imo

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Aug 15 2018, 07:11 PM) *
I'm somewhere in the middle of being optimistic and being nervous. But if you look at our team and compare with what our rivals have done things look okay. It's only in midfield that we lack compared to the others. This is how I see things currently:

Forwards:

1. Juve
2. Inter
T -3. Napoli/ Milan
5. Roma
6. Lazio

Midfield:

1. Juve
2. Inter
3. Napoli
4. Roma
5. Lazio
6. Milan

Defense:
1. Juve
2. Inter
3. Milan
4. Napoli
5. Roma
6. Lazio

Goalkeeper:
1. Inter
2. Milan/Juve
4. Napoli
5. Lazio
6. Roma

There is room to take the step into CL territory from this. I understand the league isn't won on paper but I think Inter took significant steps to get better. I think Ancelotti will work out for Napoli but there will be issues with some players, they haven't brought anyone in who really pushes the needle. Roma has brought in a lot of good young players but they also lose out from Allison and Naingolan. Lazio lost probably their best defender in De Vrij and a solid winger in Anderson.

There is an opportunity to get into the groove and push for the CL if we see Baka and Castell step up and prove themselves. Plus Hakan has only gotten better and Higuain can find goals for us.

Problem is, the midfield is the most important are on the pitch, and that's where we're the weakest. A great midfield improves your defence and makes your attack more prolific. It's why we've struggled in both the other areas in recent years even while having very competent defenders and attackers

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 15 2018, 09:41 PM) *
I have a feeling Napoli will flop under Ancelotti.

Same. He's just not the kind of coach that would do well at a club like Napoli imo

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 16 2018, 04:32 AM
Post #115

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 15 2018, 06:17 PM) *

What's wrong with Hakan? Last I checked he had a good season, no? He is young, and will keep improving. Same for Suso! I know there might be some up and downs. But, on the global side, it's a good pair of wingers to have.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 16 2018, 04:43 AM
Post #116

Allievi Regionali B

In addition, are you sure guys you want Conte?

He was amazing in Juventus. But, at Chelsea, apparently it was disaster. All the players said he imposed some unwanted rules, so apparently, the atmosphere wasn't so great. Let's see what Gattuso does. I'm willing to give him a chance.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 16 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #117

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 16 2018, 04:32 AM) *
What's wrong with Hakan? Last I checked he had a good season, no? He is young, and will keep improving. Same for Suso! I know there might be some up and downs. But, on the global side, it's a good pair of wingers to have.

Well, even though he does an adequate job on the wing, he's not a winger, he's an attacking mid, to play a 4-3-3 successfully you need proper pacey wingers imo. And even though Hakan was one of our best players once Rino took over, he's just not a winger

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 16 2018, 04:43 AM) *

He was amazing in Juventus. But, at Chelsea, apparently it was disaster. All the players said he imposed some unwanted rules, so apparently, the atmosphere wasn't so great. Let's see what Gattuso does. I'm willing to give him a chance.

Well he's a top coach who is currently available. And for our goals, you absolutely need a top coach. Rino, as much as I love the guy, is simply not going to cut it long term

As for his time at Chelsea. Those Chelsea players have issues with authoritarian type coaches. They did the same with Mourinho. Conte is a known disciplinarian, someone who wants 120% out of his players at all times. It's why he's managed to be so successful even when his teams aren't the best on paper. Sadly, I think his style is far more suited to Italian football, players who have grown up in the Italian footballing culture relish Conte's ways, even the foreign players who have been in Italy for a long time, players in the EPL though are mostly pampered primadonnas. It's why they went against him as soon as things started going just a bit badly.

His time at Juve and with the NT more than show how great he can be

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 16 2018, 03:49 PM
Post #118

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Btw, Milan-Genoa and Samp-Fiorentina have been postponed...

Honestly, this is the biggest bullshit I've read in a while. No disrespect to the victims, my greatest condolences. But why the F@ck do they have to postpone football matches because of a tragedy that has absolutely nothing to do with football?

In fact, this should have went ahead even more so. Football is a form of escapism, and isn't that what's needed at times like this?

I understand the postponement after Astori's death last season. But this is just ridiculous. What about all those people who bought train or plain tickets? Booked hotels and planned vacation leave from work?

This is exactly why Italy and Italian football are stuck 20 years behind the rest of Europe. Just a terrible descision

On a side note, this f@cks us over even more than the schedule already would have. Hakan is suspended for the first game (carried over from last season), so not only will we have to start our first game away at Napoli, we'll do so without one of our best players.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 16 2018, 05:44 PM
Post #119

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 16 2018, 04:32 AM) *

Hakan is not a winger, that's the problem. He's a very good midfielder who improved a lot last season and reached the levels I was expecting from him. But playing him in attack is a waste.

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 16 2018, 04:43 AM) *

One league title in two years is not what I'd call a disaster.

I don't want Conte mainly because I loathe the 3-man defense system.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 16 2018, 11:22 PM
Post #120

Why didn't we go after Keita Balde? Inter got him for only 6 million on loan, 30 million option to buy. Seems like a very good deal. I keep repeating myself, but the way we've neglected that left wing is ludicrous.

Hakan is suspended for the first match. Mediaset had frigging Cutrone starting on the left. That's how dire our situation is.

Not to mention that by playing Hakan upfront, we're left with Bonaventura as LCM. Let's be honest, he's just not good enough, especially considering how crap he was last season. Had we at least signed a quality CM, like Milinkovic-Savic, I'd close an eye. But given the situation, we're not that much better from last season.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:56 PM