Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2014, 10:52 PM) *
Before entering the pitch...

Abate: "Come on guys, let's go!"
Cassano: "Hey, Abate, shut up for f*ck's sake."

Link

He really said it! What an ignorant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

What a total ****!! Glad he made the mistake on De Jong's goal. What a complete tool!

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 14 2014, 10:53 PM) *
As I said in the poll thread, we don't have many options there to replace the Muntatri-Poli-de Jong trio. It's easy to shout "van Ginkel" "van Ginkel" like Han when he invented "play Merkel". But we don't know a thing about the Dutchman. Who knows, maybe he isn't ready or on level with us? Yes, we need to bring him in, but I have faith in Pippo.

Other then Ginkel, there ain't many options to make a real change. Poli must do more in terms of offensive play and building.

We do have options though. Both Honda and Bonaventura are more than capable of taking over Muntari's spot. Van Ginkel for me is still not a sure thing, I agree, Pippo has to give him the chance to take that position off of Poli.

But atm, our midfield is just one note, it's like listening to music on a consistent annoying whine that won't change. Muntari simply cannot be in there. Also, by starting with him, Pippo is also limiting himself in terms of when it comes time to closing the match out, because he has no one in midfield to do that aside from Essien and I'd rather he just didn't go there. Instead, like today, no one could really come in to close out the midfield, Muntari could be that guy for us. While we start games taking a more offensive approach in midfield that would allow us to take the game to the opposition and control possession much better than we currently do. And by doing that it's a major form of defence as well as most of the pressure we're currently seeing on our defence would be lessened because we won't be constantly losing the ball because of clumsy passes by incapable players.

And Merkel? I don't think I was ever a huge backer of his. I think you have me confused with someone else.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 14 2014, 10:53 PM) *
I don't buy the sentimental card one bit. This is professional football for God sake, I cannot believe both Seedorf and Inzaghi are sentimental with a player who wasn't even first team back when they played. And why not be sentimental with Abbiati as well?

No. There's got to be a logical reason why we play Bonera with Leonardo, Allegri, Seedorf and Inzaghi over other options. I think Bonera has immense knowledge and he's a typical Italian defender in Apolloni/Gamberini level - meaning he can play incredible matches, and he can make incredible mistakes. Apart from that, he's experienced and I think he is a good commander. He has it in him to be captain, but well, his mistakes ruin everything.

I'd play him occasionally, especially on the fullback. I think he's a solid additional defender to solidify our result once we take the lead. But I get Pippo who's trying to find a leader in him.

And that brings me to one additional question. I think we should reopen the captain-problem. With Monto out and not living up to expectations, I think it's time we find another, stable, present, performing captain.

I totally buy it.

There is no single fathomable reason as to why he should take the place of any one of our other CBs who didn't start today aside from Zaccardo.

Leadership? I saw no leadership skills there tonight, he's just not a leader or captain material. With Abbiati it's different. We have a top class keeper now that you simply cannot leave on the bench just to play a fading Abbiati. With the defence it's not as clear cut and you can easily excuse the choice as a technical decision.

And yes those coaches have all played him, and have regretted doing so later on. Allegri regretted that decision twice over, Seedorf also regretted that decision and now Pippo as well, although Pippo is the only one who has managed to come out of a Bonera nightmare show with all 3 points. They probably do see him as someone with experience and exemplary behaviour, which is why they rely on him at first, but it's only a matter of a few games before he lets them down. I just don't buy the fact that he does something extra special in training to "convince" them that he's the better choice over the others.

As for the captaincy issue, I'd personally just give it to Abate, a youth team product who always give his 110% on the pitch. I'd hand over the armband to him along with a brand spanking new deal for a good few more years. The guy deserves it

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2014, 11:00 PM) *
Van Ginkel is good, trust me. You have every right to be dubious, but time will tell. But even so, we have Honda and Bonaventura who can play as CM. Yet Pippo decides to go for the defensive approach. That's my main issue here. We should advocate a more aggressive approach.

This is what big teams do. We're not Cagliari. Look at Inter, for example. They play both Hernanes and Kovacic in central midfield. Roma play Pjanic. Juve play Pirlo, even though all their mids are very offensive-minded. Instead, we play De Jong, Poli and Muntari in midfield, and Bonaventura and Honda in attack. Nope, just nope.

Agreed

However, if Honda isn't moved into the midfield, I don't know where we can fit everyone in.

Honda and Menez are just unplayable atm. You can't drop either one of them, that being said, if SES is fit he's also definitely in. While Torres would bring another major dynamic to the side that could make us even more dangerous, so I'm at a loss as to what Pippo will do. Imo all 4 need to be on the pitch and the best way to do that is to just push Honda back and accommodate the other 3 in attack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 14 2014, 11:27 PM
Post #257

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 14 2014, 11:06 PM) *
The lack of leaders out there is probably the reason Bonera gets played. We basically have none, and that includes Abbiati and Montolivo. There isn't a captain anywhere in this team, no one to lead the others. Hence Bonera is picked.

But Bonera isn't really a leader either. I don't see any captain qualities in him at all. He's not vocal on the pitch, doesn't try to spur his team mates on and certainly isn't someone to lead a defensive line either.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 14 2014, 11:40 PM
Post #258

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2014, 10:27 PM) *
But Bonera isn't really a leader either. I don't see any captain qualities in him at all. He's not vocal on the pitch, doesn't try to spur his team mates on and certainly isn't someone to lead a defensive line either.

Question of seniority and always has been at Milan.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 14 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #259

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 14 2014, 11:40 PM) *
Question of seniority and always has been at Milan.

I think that excuse got thrown out of the window the moment they gave it to Monto and guys like Muntari wore the armband.

For me it's Abate and De Jong who are truly fit to be captains

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 15 2014, 12:49 AM
Post #260

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2014, 10:51 PM) *
I think that excuse got thrown out of the window the moment they gave it to Monto and guys like Muntari wore the armband.

For me it's Abate and De Jong who are truly fit to be captains

If you're critical of Bonera re: vocal and leadership then Abate isn't fit either. He can't lead any better than anyone else, and frankly I would rather not put that burden on him, likewise De Jong.

There's no one in our whole squad I'd feel at ease with the captaincy.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 15 2014, 03:44 AM
Post #261

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 14 2014, 05:22 PM) *
Menez is the MVP of the game hands down.

+1

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 14 2014, 05:24 PM) *
he was everwhere

Yup

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2014, 05:31 PM) *
WTF happened there??

DS... Terrible back pass, just too relaxed...

It might not have been an ideal pass back, but I honestly think more of the blame falls with Lopez on this one.
Lopez had a horrible game as well. At times I wasn't sure who was in the post, Abiati or him.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2014, 05:43 PM) *
The defending was just shocking!

Bonera was a one man wrecking ball on his own defensive wall, DS... So lazy and relaxed on that own goal, and probably has ended up injuring Lopez seriously as he seems to have pulled a muscle

Still 6 points, from the same fixtures that resulted in 1 single point last season

Pippo needs to work on that defending though, all goals could have easily been avoided. First order of business is to black list Bonera from ever playing at CB again in a Milan shirt, that should fix 50% of the issues we had tonight

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 14 2014, 05:43 PM) *
This game had everything. Everything.

Indeed it did!

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 14 2014, 06:17 PM) *
What can I say really? Crazy game... But I was entertained as hell!

Bonaventura had a great debut. He really worked hard and that shot leading to his goal was very well placed. I really am curious if we can expect something like this from him consistently or was this guy just over-excited for his first game?

I thought Abate did great work once again. I thought Honda worked really well too. I think Nigel de Jong is the truth! And I have a nickname for Menez. Menez the Menace. The guy is a true menace to the opposing team and tonight he was without a doubt man of the match. I want Bonera gone! Get the hell out of this team you terrible terrible player!

Lopez: 5
Abate: 7.5
Alex: 7
Bonera: 2
De Sciglio: 5
De Jong: 8.5
Poli: 5.5
Muntari: 5
Bonaventura: 7.5
Honda: 7.5
Menez: 9

Inzaghi: 5

Spot on...

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 14 2014, 06:19 PM) *
What a game.

Indeed it was

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 14 2014, 06:22 PM) *
Yeah, it was harsh but Menez knows how to sell it.

That he did.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 15 2014, 06:27 AM
Post #262

Allievi Nazionali

Can't you guys just admit Menez, for all his footballing brilliance, is a diving cheat?

There's one thing about 'taking advantage' of a foul, another to just fall when there's just no contact.

I didn't like Balotelli falling like a lead balloon, and wunder football from Menez and a win isn't going to make me like Menez for doing it either.

If that behaviour was against us, we'd be up in arms - it's exactly the cr*p we hated Barca doing for all these years.

If he could remove it from his game, I'd absolutely love him. As it is, I admire his outstanding ability and loathe his inability to avoid diving.

One guy on Twitter tonight called him Tom Daley.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Sep 15 2014, 07:16 AM
Post #263

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

Football what a crazy game !

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Sep 15 2014, 07:16 AM
Post #264

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 15 2014, 10:27 AM) *
Can't you guys just admit Menez, for all his footballing brilliance, is a diving cheat?

There's one thing about 'taking advantage' of a foul, another to just fall when there's just no contact.

I didn't like Balotelli falling like a lead balloon, and wunder football from Menez and a win isn't going to make me like Menez for doing it either.

If that behaviour was against us, we'd be up in arms - it's exactly the cr*p we hated Barca doing for all these years.

If he could remove it from his game, I'd absolutely love him. As it is, I admire his outstanding ability and loathe his inability to avoid diving.

he dived allot tonight.

Penalty and the red card was the most funny ones the ref was pretty **** to not see it as a dive.

This post has been edited by Ry4n: Sep 15 2014, 07:17 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 15 2014, 07:55 AM
Post #265

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 15 2014, 12:49 AM) *
If you're critical of Bonera re: vocal and leadership then Abate isn't fit either. He can't lead any better than anyone else, and frankly I would rather not put that burden on him, likewise De Jong.

Actually with Abate I think he can more than do it. Leading the defensive line is something he can't do but he can be a leader figure in the team. It's all about leading by example and no one does that better than either Abate or De Jong in our squad. I'd give it to Abate before De Jong because Abate is a product of the Milan system, if we're going by seniority, Abate has been part of the Milan set-up far longer than Bonera has, a couple years on loan does not change that

And if not these 2 then who? You seriously want Bonera on the pitch just so that he can wear the armband? I'd rather just mount a stick near the goal post and hang the armband off it than watch him start another game at CB this season.

The best thing out of this game aside from the points is the fact that he's suspended for the Juve game, because something tells me that Pippo would have gone for him again, even after the mistakes.

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 15 2014, 06:27 AM) *

Yes, he's a diver. But you have to admit he knows how to sell it.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 15 2014, 08:07 AM
Post #266

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

(IMG:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxjJ1KaIYAAC36E.png)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 15 2014, 08:19 AM
Post #267

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 15 2014, 06:27 AM) *

Hah. I don't know about diving, but if you think he dived on the penalty, you clearly weren't paying much attention. It was foul, end of. Every report after the game said so, too.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 15 2014, 10:36 AM
Post #268

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Indeed.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 15 2014, 10:38 AM
Post #269

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 15 2014, 02:49 AM) *

Well, like I said some months ago, I'd try MDS to be honest. I know it's extra pressure on a young player, but we need someone who both represents Milan and has years to come with us.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 15 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #270

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 15 2014, 07:19 AM) *
Hah. I don't know about diving, but if you think he dived on the penalty, you clearly weren't paying much attention. It was foul, end of. Every report after the game said so, too.

It was a foul. You're right. Problem is he dived after the foul finished. He fell on his own. That's called diving, X.

If you try to trip someone up, but they run for 2 strides then fall, that's a dive.

If you believe otherwise then you're just seeing what you want to see.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:39 PM