+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 4 2020, 10:44 PM
Post #873

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2020, 10:07 PM) *
Pretty good considering the sh!tshow against SPAL. Or Lazio are having an off day... Can't really tell

Really? I thought it was clear as day that Lazio were completely inexistent tonight. They were even worse than SPAL.

I have to say, despite the three goals, the mistakes our players make when attacking sometimes are mind-boggling. It's like they forget they're professional footballers and are playing on the beach or something. And I'm not talking about Hernandez's insane miss (who, despite that, was really good tonight). I refer to many instances when the pass is so wrong it almost makes it seem intentional.
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2020, 10:08 PM) *
I actually think he's decent considering the non-existent expectations we all had for him when he came, I think he's putting in a few good shifts

He's decent in that he's not terrible. I call that average. He's not great team material.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2020, 10:51 PM
Post #874

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 4 2020, 10:44 PM) *
Really? I thought it was clear as day that Lazio were completely inexistent tonight. They were even worse than SPAL.

Meh, I can't always tell with this team, it's like we'e Jekyll and Hyde. Honestly, when I looked at our fixtures starting from the Roma game, the only 3 points I would have bet money on in the 5 games starting with Roma would have been SPAL, so go figure that we lose points in just that one so far.

I have to say, despite the three goals, the mistakes our players make when attacking sometimes are mind-boggling. It's like they forget they're professional footballers and are playing on the beach or something. And I'm not talking about Hernandez's insane miss (who, despite that, was really good tonight). I refer to many instances when the pass is so wrong it almost makes it seem intentional.

Agreed 100%. Kessie for me is the chief culprit of such moments, but the others are guilty as well

He's decent in that he's not terrible. I call that average. He's not great team material.

That's what I was implying. He's doing the job adequately imo considering we don't really have many options to go with, especially with Samu also injured now

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2020, 10:53 PM
Post #875

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Anyway, it feels good taking the scalp off both Roman teams within a few days.

Too bad about those 2 points against SPAL, we'd be in a better position going into the Juve game had we not botched it on Wednesday

+Quote Post

William405
post Jul 4 2020, 11:04 PM
Post #876

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2020, 12:44 AM) *

Yes the passing was pissing me off at some points. I'm thinking mostly of kessie and paqueta

NB I really like Simon with Roma in the back

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 4 2020, 11:25 PM
Post #877

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2020, 10:51 PM) *
Meh, I can't always tell with this team, it's like we'e Jekyll and Hyde. Honestly, when I looked at our fixtures starting from the Roma game, the only 3 points I would have bet money on in the 5 games starting with Roma would have been SPAL, so go figure that we lose points in just that one so far.

I think it's a strange moment in the league. All clubs are coming from three months of total inactivity, fatigue becomes very evident. Not to mention the heat can also be detrimental. The empty stadiums almost make it seem like training sessions sometimes.

Agreed 100%. Kessie for me is the chief culprit of such moments, but the others are guilty as well

More than Kessie tonight, I'd say the attacking four.

That's what I was implying. He's doing the job adequately imo considering we don't really have many options to go with, especially with Samu also injured now

I would have played Hakan and Paqueta on the sides with Rebic and Ibra in attack. Like we were playing before the break. I'd never start Bonaventura.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 5 2020, 04:25 PM
Post #878

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 4 2020, 11:25 PM) *
I think it's a strange moment in the league. All clubs are coming from three months of total inactivity, fatigue becomes very evident. Not to mention the heat can also be detrimental. The empty stadiums almost make it seem like training sessions sometimes.

More than Kessie tonight, I'd say the attacking four.

I would have played Hakan and Paqueta on the sides with Rebic and Ibra in attack. Like we were playing before the break. I'd never start Bonaventura.

Agreed re the games feeling like training, or early summer friendlies. It has to feel that way for the players as well which would probably make it difficult to get high intensity performances. That being said, this is usually a problem for us even without 3 months of quarantine. We tend to switch off in one game, play well in another, rinse repeat

Agreed about the front 4, but Kessie is usually the most frustrating one for me, not just in this game. The bad passing decisions in attack is why we rarely score off counters

I think Pioli is trying to rotate as much as he can to keep everyone fresh, especially considering the heat, inactivity and the insane schedule the players have to contend with during this next month to try to close out the season. The decision to not play Rebic with Ibra I think mostly has to do with looking ahead to having to play Juve and Napoli within the next 6 days

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 5 2020, 07:01 PM
Post #879

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 5 2020, 04:25 PM) *
Agreed about the front 4, but Kessie is usually the most frustrating one for me, not just in this game. The bad passing decisions in attack is why we rarely score off counters

Look, I've been one of Kessie's fiercest critics around here, and he did screw up many attacks when he was played as mezz'ala. But ever since he's been playing in the double pivot he's been less involved in our attacking play, and hence his passing has also improved a bit.

Yesterday he actually made 49 passes, with a 96% pass accuracy.

He still doesn't convince me, and I think we should replace him, but let's not criticise him for things that are not his fault. Ibra, Rebic, Hakan, Paqueta, Bonaventura and Sale-maker made many errors last night, and they're supposed to be our most technically gifted players.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 5 2020, 04:25 PM) *
I think Pioli is trying to rotate as much as he can to keep everyone fresh, especially considering the heat, inactivity and the insane schedule the players have to contend with during this next month to try to close out the season. The decision to not play Rebic with Ibra I think mostly has to do with looking ahead to having to play Juve and Napoli within the next 6 days

I actually think he just prefers Sale-maker and Bonaventura now. He wants to be cautious.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 6 2020, 09:33 PM
Post #880

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2020, 07:01 PM) *
Yesterday he actually made 49 passes, with a 96% pass accuracy.

If this is bait it's good. Real good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 7 2020, 08:28 PM
Post #881

Donnarumma; Conti, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer; Sale-maker, Paqueta, Rebic; Ibrahimovic.

Aside from Sale-maker possibly our best line-up.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 7 2020, 09:38 PM
Post #882

Kinda sad there's Milan-Juve and the forum is dead...

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 7 2020, 09:45 PM
Post #883

Allievi Nazionali

Had no idea we were playing tonight.

EDIT looks like I've missed a lot...

This post has been edited by Danny: Jul 7 2020, 09:45 PM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 7 2020, 09:46 PM
Post #884

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 7 2020, 08:28 PM) *
Donnarumma; Conti, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer; Sale-maker, Paqueta, Rebic; Ibrahimovic.

Aside from Sale-maker possibly our best line-up.

You kidding, no Montolivo?

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jul 7 2020, 10:29 PM
Post #885

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

4 2 man now.. What horrible defending though for thr 4th goal. Just tuned in now

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 57 58 59 60 61 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:30 AM