han2503
post Nov 18 2021, 08:44 PM
Post #751

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 18 2021, 05:28 PM) *
We just need to start building that new stadium ASAP at this point. It's going to make a world of difference.

Renewal news:
- Raiola met with Maldini today at Casa Milan. He said that for both Romagnoli and Ibrahimovic anything is possible.
- Pioli's renewal is expected to be announced soon. 3M + bonuses until 2024 (from 2M actual).
- Leao, Theo and Bennacer's renewals are also imminent. Plan is to sign them before Christmas.

I'm very unsure about keeping Zlatan for another year. I think the guy is at his limit, and if we wanna develop a more modern and dynamic football to compete in the CL next season we need fresh players upfront. Someone like that Alvarez kind for example.

Personally, I wouldn't renew it. Bring a top CF upfront. Have Giroud as second choice for another season. Maybe bring back Colombo (who's doing well in Serie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) as third option.

Great news about the renewals.

Seems like Kessie will be the only one lost. I really hope the management has a plan for replacing him. I think best scenario would be to get Kamara in January and sit Kessie for the rest of the season and only use him as needed

Re Zlatan, I'd give him that extension in a heartbeat, no questions asked. He gives more to this team than just his on-pitch performances. Signing him on for another year does not mean we'd let a good opportunity like Alvarez go. If the will is there to get him, we'll get him, even with Zlatan and Giroud in the roster. It all depends on how much money River will want and how many other clubs will want him.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 18 2021, 08:07 PM) *
Audi? We never had a sponsorship with Audi. We had Opel but we lost them because Opel was on the verge of bankruptcy.

As for Ibrahimović, I really think he's aware of his limits. We might sign a cheaper deal with him and also bear in mind that keeping Ibra will be a good magnet for players like Vlahović who already consider him an idol or are being named as his heirs.

Audi were our road partner for years, Opel were the main shirt sponsor. They provided cars and such to the club like BMW now do. We lost Audi after the Chinese took over if I am not mistaken

Vlahovic is out of the question imo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 18 2021, 10:12 PM
Post #752

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

But you guys really think Zlatan will accept to be 2nd/3rd choice? Not sure his ego will permit that.

Anyway, I really hope we sign this Alvarez kid. His release clause is 20M or 25M if he's signed in the last 5 days of the signing window. I don't think you can find someone good and promising for that fee in Europe nowadays where even a nobody like Vlahovic costs +50M.

Last I read Juve made an offer of 25M payable in two years, which River declined as they want the full 20M in cash immediately.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 18 2021, 10:33 PM
Post #753

PSG management has already met with Kessie's entourage on several occasions to inquire about his sporting and financial requests. PSG is in a good position to find a prior agreement with the agent of the former Atalanta player, despite the great competition in the case. Another indication that suggests his departure: the Ivorian international has been looking to sell his home in Milan for a few weeks now.

FootMercato

I hope he fails miserably wherever his goes.

But I really don't understand this decision to sign for PSG. I'm not only referring to Kessie, but to other players as well. You're going to a farmer's league with zero competition and an environment filled with such big egos that you'll just be a nobody. The only incentive is to fight for the Champions League, but that is such a remote possibility that's not even worth it. Is Kessie so thirsty for money? I really don't get it.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 18 2021, 10:35 PM
Post #754

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

It's really that hard to figure?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 19 2021, 04:53 PM
Post #755

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 18 2021, 10:33 PM) *
I hope he fails miserably wherever his goes.

But I really don't understand this decision to sign for PSG. I'm not only referring to Kessie, but to other players as well. You're going to a farmer's league with zero competition and an environment filled with such big egos that you'll just be a nobody. The only incentive is to fight for the Champions League, but that is such a remote possibility that's not even worth it. Is Kessie so thirsty for money? I really don't get it.

Don't understand eihter

Donna is already whinging.

Wijnaldum is also unhappy, not to mention, I really do think that's a toxic club to play for. The Mbappe BS is enough to put me off by itself

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 18 2021, 10:35 PM) *
It's really that hard to figure?

For someone who's about to his his peak years to potentially go there and sit for the majority of the season when you can easily earn good money elsewhere, it still makes no sense to me. We're offering him a very good deal imo, an EPL team can offer him something even better, yet he could potentially go to PSG... Just makes no sense to me, even if he ends up getting 3m more.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 19 2021, 05:16 PM
Post #756

Yes, indeed. The guy is only 24, he can earn the big bucks when he gets 33 in a Chinese/US/Arab team. If he was negotiating with a Premier League club I would (sorta) understand. But to waste your peak moment in a degenerate reality like PSG is truly mind-boggling.

His agent in particular seems like a Raiola type tw@t. I think players nowadays get swayed way too easily by their agents, who push for a free-agent move because that would secure them fat commissions. Even the FIFA president talked about it some days ago, saying football agents earn too much and something has to be done about it. Not that FIFA per se are ones to talk, but still, you get the picture.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 19 2021, 06:57 PM
Post #757

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Think the Kessie issue will be resolved, he will most likely leave Milan.

As to his destination, I don't blame these players. They have achieved a market value and they will only know their worth until they are placed on the market. When Kessie?s agent says 9M, im pretty sure there is a club out there that has presented such a figure to them. These players have finite years in their legs to perform at their best and they want to cash in for when they retire.

My idol Shevchenko, left Milan for Chelsea. Back when Chelsea was the PSG of the time, and he secured himself and his family something noteworthy. These players also are looking out for the same. With the exception of the Turk, never liked him from day one.

Thats my piece on it anyway.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 19 2021, 07:18 PM
Post #758

Shevchenko left for Chelsea when he was 30, after having played 7 seasons for us and having won everything there is to win. It was a new stimulus move, even though it badly backfired for him in the end. And don't forget he didn't leave for free, but made us earn 45M from his move, which was an insane figure at the time.

Kessie, just like Dollarumma and Capanoglu, is being an ungrateful c@nt. We sticked with him at his lowest, elevated him to his best levels, and now after one great season he thinks he's Rijkaard, asking astronomical figures, and "threatening" to leave for free if we don't satisfy his demands. He can f@ck off as far as I'm concerned.

I've been saying this for a while and I will always keep saying it: NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 19 2021, 07:45 PM
Post #759

Primavera
Group Icon

Degenerate reality? You guys are pushing it to the limits.

PSG is a top club. PSG lacks exactly what Kessie offers. The club guarantees you silverware (French league and cups for most years) and a nice paycheck. You get a shot, a real shot (not "remote possibility" - which is a laughable understatement) at winning the Champions league. You get to play with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe. You live in Paris and not Doha, Southampton or Manchester.

And best of all - you can leave after 2 years and still play in the EPL after you've won a bunch of trophies.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 19 2021, 08:27 PM
Post #760

PSG is a top club in a farmer's league. The French title is as important as the Albanian title as things stand right now.

Mbappe is leaving at the end of the season precisely for that reason (his own words).

The Champions League? Yes, they have a shot, but you're competing with so many other giants that your chances of winning it are remote. It's possible, not probable.

The only incentive is money. But like I said, you can earn that money by playing in the best league in the world (EPL) AND compete for the CL as well. But insofar from alle the report we've read his agent is negotiating only with PSG because to them 9M/season for a player is no problem at all. Other clubs, even in the EPL, would have to think twice before signing such a fat contract.

And you're forgetting the most important thing of all: Kessie IS NOT that good. He's not a top player, so his demands really make no sense to me.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 19 2021, 10:51 PM
Post #761

Primavera
Group Icon

Precisely my point. Kessie is not THAT good. That's why PSG is a thing for him.

But you're just full of understatements and simplifications, so I'll let you wondering why he ever would join PSG.

One more last thing: it's quite easy to make these decisions when you're not involved or even near that kind of money. When it becomes real, reality does often does not look as degenerate as you think.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 19 2021, 11:43 PM
Post #762

So many players underestimate where they are. You have to make a career-related choice, then the money comes over time. I see Milan growing and I?m happy to see a point of reference like Maldini who helps everyone grow with the right mentality. I hope Kessie realises where he is and makes a career-related choice, not money.

You know who said that? None other than Clarence Seedorf (link). A legend. Someone who's been there, done that, and knows everything.

You see, I'm not just blurting stuff out because it's not my livelihood that depends on it. There are principles and moral choices that we all have to adhere to. Those who choose money over everything else are simply sellouts.

Kessie is choosing money over his career. That's why he's joining PSG. There is nothing else. Not prestige, not trophies, not anything else. Just money.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 20 2021, 07:33 PM
Post #763

Primavera
Group Icon

Kessie is no Seedorf. He does not got the talent, the charisma nor the brains of Clarence Seedorf.

And also, it was much easier for Seedorf to say these things because he won the CL already twice with Ajax and Real. So it's a completely different scenario from a completely different time.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 22 2021, 04:25 PM
Post #764

Renato Sanches confirms Milan and Arsenal interest, explains collapsed Barcelona transfer - Football Italia

Sorry but no.

Check this out: https://www.transfermarkt.com/renato-sanche.../spieler/258027

The guy is always injured! Even right now he has a muscular injury and his return is unknown. Do we really wanna get an injury prone player when we're neck full of injuries ourselves all the frigging time? Please no. We need physically fit players, not handicapped's.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 25 2021, 11:04 AM
Post #765

Primavera
Group Icon

What we need is to keep Kessie until the summer and then either extend or find someone new. Selling him now is a lose-lose situation.

+Quote Post

52 Pages V  « < 49 50 51 52 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:58 AM