> Summer Transfers 2018

Forza Milan!
post Jul 25 2018, 07:30 PM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 25 2018, 09:04 AM) *
Apparently Milan are steadfast. We will give Bonucci plus cash in exchange for Caldara. And in case of PSG, the ask might be for Thiago Silva. I'm really happy we're sticking to our guns, but this is definitely hurting our training.

Meanwhile it looks like Leonardo might remove Rino and place Conte in charge. Conte wants to wait till he resolves his current contract situation it seems.

I like Conte. However, Rino has been doing a decent job, so I am not sure this is a grand idea right now. Also, so many changes right before the start of the season, can't be good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 25 2018, 09:09 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 24 2018, 09:02 PM) *
I am not convinced by Higuain. Have mixed feelings about Bonucci. Mirabelli is officially out, BTW. (Pity, kind of liked him. Hopefully his replacement will be an improvement.)

Higuain would definitely be an upgrade over any of our current strikers and he'd guarantee us a decent goal return

I definitely prefer him over Morata who seem to be the other name we're considering.

Let's face it, Bonucci has been no where near the Juve Bonucci with us. Caldara is a massive talent and I like that Leonardo is apparently pushing hard for him.

As for Mirabelli, this was coming from a mile away. Elliot literally cleaned house, and it was needed, the man who spent over 200m and only improved the squad by one point from the previous season was obviously going to be put on the chopping block. Mirabelli made the wrong decisions last summer, he went for quantity over quality. With the money we spen we could have gotten 3 top class players, instead he went for 11 good ones.

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 24 2018, 09:19 PM) *
Bonucci also linked with PSG. (That makes more sense to me.)

It seems Juve really want him back, they're meeting again today so for them I feel like they're ones who are really pushing for it and it's why we hold the cards.

I think with Juve, they see these next 2 seasons as their last shot at the CL with this cycle. So they need a top CB now not a potential one. Bonucci is perfect for them in that regard. He was always top quality with them, knows the club and players well and has always had a great partnership with Chiellini

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 25 2018, 08:04 AM) *
Apparently Milan are steadfast. We will give Bonucci plus cash in exchange for Caldara. And in case of PSG, the ask might be for Thiago Silva. I'm really happy we're sticking to our guns, but this is definitely hurting our training.

Meanwhile it looks like Leonardo might remove Rino and place Conte in charge. Conte wants to wait till he resolves his current contract situation it seems.

I like that for once we're the ones holding strong in negotiations instead of being the ones constantly bending over to the likes of Juve.

As for Conte, I don't know what they will do. Look, Rino is a gamble, no matter how much we love the guy, he's a shot in the dark for next season. Conte gives you certain assurances that Rino doesn't and I think for Elliot it's imperative that we play in the CL in 19/20. These guys aren't here to mess around or be sentimental. And let's be honest, a good dose of professionalism is something this club has been crying for for a good long time. So personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Conte is our coach next season

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 26 2018, 10:19 AM
Post #18

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

So anyone saw the game today? Your thoughts on the game - considering we're much behind our pre-season compared to Man Utd.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 29 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #19

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

I still consider Elliott fund to be interested in one thing only and that is making the maximum out of selling the club.

That said, they cleared the debt on the club, injected further into the club to keep running costs going and is currently hiring people that once apon a time had fairy tails back here. That is all good and dandy. It could have gone much worse.

The Elliott know the Milan brand has a value, and that is what singer said when asked about Milan. It is in his benifit that he shows the ‘intangible’ value in Milan (ie history), create a value if you will and then spin it off.

This is a very interesting proposition ‘we’ as Milan fans are facing today. It could have gotten (or could get) much worse. Singer took the club at a cost of EUR 280M, he could have dumped it for 450M. But this is no ordinary club, the ‘intangible’ value of the club makes it second only to Madrid. So it makes sense Singer is trying to create value before passing it on to the highest bidder - simple math club was sold from Berlusconi to Li at 750M. Li defaulted on Elliott loan and Elliott own the club today. The value last year when Li took over was 750M. So they are most likely looking at it around the 1bn mark. Pooling a consortium to front that sort of money requires optimistic markets, Singer said three years max. He will financially engineer Milan.

One draw back, God forbid there was a recession or a need for hedge funds to dispose of is liquid assets first and then ineffcient assets like Milan. As they also have an obligation to their Clients, of whom funded the loan to Li.

Unlike Berlusconi who made it a matter of the heart, these people are out there trying to make money out of it.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 31 2018, 11:48 AM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 26 2018, 10:19 AM) *
So anyone saw the game today? Your thoughts on the game - considering we're much behind our pre-season compared to Man Utd.

Nah, I have to work in the morning, I can't stay up for any of these friendlies tbh. Hopefully we arrange one last friendly in Italy before the season starts so we can watch the team at a decent hour and see how prep is going

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 29 2018, 10:01 PM) *
I still consider Elliott fund to be interested in one thing only and that is making the maximum out of selling the club.

That said, they cleared the debt on the club, injected further into the club to keep running costs going and is currently hiring people that once apon a time had fairy tails back here. That is all good and dandy. It could have gone much worse.

The Elliott know the Milan brand has a value, and that is what singer said when asked about Milan. It is in his benifit that he shows the ‘intangible’ value in Milan (ie history), create a value if you will and then spin it off.

This is a very interesting proposition ‘we’ as Milan fans are facing today. It could have gotten (or could get) much worse. Singer took the club at a cost of EUR 280M, he could have dumped it for 450M. But this is no ordinary club, the ‘intangible’ value of the club makes it second only to Madrid. So it makes sense Singer is trying to create value before passing it on to the highest bidder - simple math club was sold from Berlusconi to Li at 750M. Li defaulted on Elliott loan and Elliott own the club today. The value last year when Li took over was 750M. So they are most likely looking at it around the 1bn mark. Pooling a consortium to front that sort of money requires optimistic markets, Singer said three years max. He will financially engineer Milan.

One draw back, God forbid there was a recession or a need for hedge funds to dispose of is liquid assets first and then ineffcient assets like Milan. As they also have an obligation to their Clients, of whom funded the loan to Li.

Unlike Berlusconi who made it a matter of the heart, these people are out there trying to make money out of it.

I agree with all of this R7

Elliot put me on edge

But that being said, the fat that they have hired and will be hiring people like Leonardo, Gandini, Gazidis and even hopefully Maldini gives me a certain amount of assurance that the previous ownership never provided.

I think this club has been craving a proper management that could run it as a proper business. Silvio only used his heart with Milan when he could benefit politically in return, Galliani as well. He was all about the heart, but he also ran a corrupt ship which was solely focused on enriching his tight circle of agents and club directors. I'm not trying to negate all the great things these two men did for the club, but they're also part of the reason we are where we are now. Owned by a vulture fund essentially. Berlu and Fininvest knew that Li was a fraud. They still took the money and ran. That says it all.

I personally look forward to these next 3 years under Elliot. They're going to ensure that their asset is worth more down the line. And with a football club that can only happen through success on the pitch and a proper business model. They've already taken care of the latter by bringing in the proper people to run this club. The success on the pitch will in-turn follow.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 31 2018, 11:50 AM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Btw. The Higuain-Caldara-Bonucci triangle is coming to a conclusiong.

Caldara and Bonucci will change teams in a straight swap and Higuain will be coming on a paid load of 18/20m + 38m buyout option

Leonardo is going to be our best signing this summer. Let's see what he can pull off for the midfield and wings now

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 31 2018, 11:59 AM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

@Milaneye: The effect of the Caldara-Bonucci-Higuain operation on Milan’s 2018/2019 budget is just €14.5M, could be covered through the sales of Kalinic and Bacca [@SimoneGambino via @CalcioFinanza]

So basically we've barely spent anything and will be bringing in 2 top notch players. This will give Leonardo good leeway for the winger and mid we're still missing

Bernard is also apparently close to joining on a free.

Guys, I know you all have been more than pessimistic about Milan same for me, but I think it's time to get excited about this club again. We finally have someone who knows what they're doing running the show. So if you're reading this, come back to being active users on this forum again

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jul 31 2018, 06:39 PM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

How good is caldara?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 1 2018, 12:16 PM
Post #24

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

As with any young Italian CB, he gets compared to Nesta. But he was recognized as one of the stalwarts of the great Atalanta side we're seeing the past two seasons. And at 24 he's a regular starter. Juve bought him and loaned him back immediately, and in a way this is an exciting transfer for us. We're actually build a team with the cream of Italy's backline.

I'm happy for this transfer, because we're getting rid of a dude who now I'm intensely disliking as a posturing prick, in return for a top potential youngster who'll have a chip on his shoulder to prove.

As for getting Higuain, I earnestly pray this will go down as a repeat of when Juve threw out Pippo Inzaghi for the newer shinier Trezeguet.

But that deal is held up over a severance deal (more of a loyalty bonus) from Juve and in other areas over Higuain wanting better terms.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 1 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 31 2018, 06:39 PM) *
How good is caldara?

He's Romagnoli level good imo.

We have the potential next Azzurri back line with us now. Monster move from Leo. I hope the midfield and winger transfers will be the same in size and potential effect on the team

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 1 2018, 12:16 PM) *
As with any young Italian CB, he gets compared to Nesta. But he was recognized as one of the stalwarts of the great Atalanta side we're seeing the past two seasons. And at 24 he's a regular starter. Juve bought him and loaned him back immediately, and in a way this is an exciting transfer for us. We're actually build a team with the cream of Italy's backline.

I'm happy for this transfer, because we're getting rid of a dude who now I'm intensely disliking as a posturing prick, in return for a top potential youngster who'll have a chip on his shoulder to prove.

As for getting Higuain, I earnestly pray this will go down as a repeat of when Juve threw out Pippo Inzaghi for the newer shinier Trezeguet.

But that deal is held up over a severance deal (more of a loyalty bonus) from Juve and in other areas over Higuain wanting better terms.

Caldara is a top notch talent. There is a reason why the Juve fans are P!SSED atm.

BREAKING: The Caldara-Bonucci-Higuain has been finalized between Milan and Juventus. Caldara and Higuain will join Milan while Bonucci will return to Juventus

It's done. Medicals tomorrow and then they sign

Not because I'm biased but for me, we've won this for both the short terms as well as the long term. Bonucci will only minimally improve Juve imo. Benatia is not that much worse than him, and if they get the Bonucci that played for us, they wouldn't be improving anything

As for us. We got a CB that's touted as one of the best talents in Italian football. If him and Romagnoli can form a partnership, we could look at a potential pairing for the next decade

As for Higuain, he's world class, and that's all there is to it imo. We haven't had someone of his caliber on our team since Ibra. He's going to be our difference maker, he's what we craved last yer, a 20+ goal striker

If Leonardo can make the right moves in midfield and on the wing, we can challenge for 4th this year. First and second will be going to Juve and Inter imo, we'll have to fight it out with Roma and Napoli for the last two spots

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Aug 1 2018, 06:42 PM
Post #26

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

Why would juve be doing such a deal. But lets hope it goes through because looks like a steal for us

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 1 2018, 07:08 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 1 2018, 06:42 PM) *
Why would juve be doing such a deal. But lets hope it goes through because looks like a steal for us

I think the reasoning for them is that they have a very small window to go all out for the CL, Cristiano can only give them max 2 to 3 years of top level football and this is their shot with this cycle. So they gambled Caldara to bring Bonucci back.

Higuain was their choice, they pushed us to get him in the deal because they need his wages off the books, plus Ronaldo will be their CF next season, having a striker like Higuain on the bench makes absolutely no sense for them.

Leonardo played a master stroke imo. As soon as Bonucci requested the move and he saw that Juve were also keen on it, he demanded Caldara. Caldara and his agent pushed for the move as well so he held all the cards. Juve wanted us to take Higuain as well in the deal so Leonardo made sure that we took him on our terms. That's why it a loan + option to buy deal for a total of 54m which will only hit our balance sheet for around 14.5m this summer

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 1 2018, 10:39 PM
Post #28

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

But is it official for Bonucci? I would have liked to have them both

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Aug 2 2018, 12:07 AM
Post #29

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

I definitely agree with Han. On paper we are definitely the winners with the rumored deals (transfers & wages considered). Gonzo is a top player and a proven striker at that in Italy. He's definitely our best attacking (if not overall) signing since Ibra.

Caldara is an exciting capture as well. A talented & promising Italian defender that can hopefully form a great partnership with Romagnoli.

(IMG:https://preview.ibb.co/i8y2Oz/Screenshot_20180801_215350_01.jpg)

Higuain has just landed in Milan, and will undergo his medical tomorrow, while Caldara is expected to arrive tomorrow.

I'm hopeful that Milan can be on the rise. Slowly but surely at that... I'm not trying to get ahead of myself. But seeing the arrival of two players who should significantly add to our lineup is exciting.

On the management end we're also seeing alot of rumors regarding reshuffles and arrivals for Executive positions.

I'm excited & hopeful for the future of Milan, although I'd be in a better position to make such a statement when the transfer market is actually closed.

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Aug 2 2018, 02:59 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 2 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #30

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 1 2018, 10:39 PM) *
But is it official for Bonucci? I would have liked to have them both

Practically, all players in question have undergone their medicals today, and without Bonucci's push for an exit this deal wouldn't have been possible for us. Bonucci has never really fit into this team imo anyway so it won't be a huge miss

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Aug 2 2018, 12:07 AM) *
I definitely agree with Han. On paper we are definitely the winners with the rumored deals (transfers & wages considered). Gonzo is a top player and a proven striker at that in Italy. He's definitely our best attacking (if not overall) signing since Ibra.

Caldara is an exciting capture as well. A talented & promising Italian defender that can hopefully form a great partnership with Romagnoli.

(IMG:https://preview.ibb.co/i8y2Oz/Screenshot_20180801_215350_01.jpg)

Higuain has just landed in Milan, and will undergo his medical tomorrow, while Caldara is expected to arrive tomorrow.

I'm hopeful that Milan can be on the rise. Slowly but surely at that... I'm not trying to get ahead of myself. But seeing the arrival of two players who should significantly add to our lineup is exciting.

On the management end we're also seeing alot of rumors regarding reshuffles and arrivals for Executive positions.

I'm excited & hopeful for the future of Milan, although I'd be in a better position to make such a statement when the transfer market is actually closed.

Agreed.

I wouldn't say we're going to be challenging for the CL spot for sure. But with 2 -3 more smart moves from Leonardo we could get there. The midfield signing is the one that has to be spot on imo, We can't go into another season with Jack being an undisputed starter there

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:03 PM