> Serie A - All Matches - Milan - Napoli, Date: 15/04/18 Time: 15:00 CET

X-Offender
post May 1 2018, 05:00 PM
Post #391

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 1 2018, 04:32 PM) *
What do you guys think of Belotti nowadays anyway? I'm very ambiguous to say at least.

Depay? The man has been a complete letdown ever since he left the Dutch league? Whatever makes you say that he's our key signing puzzles me completely.

Belotti for me is the future of Italy's attack. A complete center forward. I've said it before, he reminds me of Vieri, that kind of striker. This season he was unlucky with the recurring injuries and Torino being disgraceful. A must-sign.

And Depay only failed at United, but nowadays who doesn't? He's been great at Lyon, he's being talked again, and I've read he's one of our objectives for that left wing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

maldini03
post May 1 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #392

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I see Depay as a Gervinho type signing. He wasn't thought of as being a great player in the Premier League but when he came to Rome he lit it up with pace. He wasn't a world class player but he brought them results against Serie A teams.

Depay can do the same, his pace and creativity could do wonders against Serie A sides. He may not be the guy to help us throttle Real Madrid or Bayern, but players who can do that only come to teams who are playing in the CL already they don't come to help teams get there. Unfortunately, we are in the latter position. We need guys who can help us beat the provincial sides to get the points to make the CL.

We need to take chances on the Hakan, Depay, type. The out-of-favor or big team reject looking for that chance to prove themselves. Those guys come at a cut-price and with enough of them you build a winner. Add in some of the better performers in Serie A who would want to play here (or we can afford) (Belotti, Chiesa, Anderson, Jankto, Barella). Finally, throw in our own youth players and a lucky bounce or two, (Donna, Bonucci, Romag.) I think with this formula we can build a team that can get us to the CL. Then we have to drop the big $$ to get a game changer or a superstar young player.

There are very few players who can beat a top side on their own but if the team as a whole gets better and has a strong identity then they can manage beating the bigger Serie A teams. Depay & Belotti can help us take the next step to the CL IMO.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #393

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Every summer is crucial and imperative. But yes, we need to move fast and we need to be much smarter then last summer.

Agreed. But I just wanted to point out that some talents are born winners and they take charge. Beside Donnarumma who unfortunatley spoiled the fun via his agent, I don't think your youngsters are winners or the same breed. Someone will say we need to give him time and I usually told the same. But I grew older and I'm a bit more inclined to make faster and bolder judgements.

Yeah, what I mostly meant there about the summer is that we won't have the same kind of budget we did last summer. So whatever we do have has to be spent well. That's why I think it's important that we go after the 2 quality free agents that are up for grabs right now, because we won't have any money to improve our bench quality + make the 3 crucial signings we need for the starting 11

Well looking at the team against Bologna, there were 4 players on that pitch who have come through the Primavera. I do think that that is something we should be proud of. To have out Primavera producing the kind of talent it is producing is something we should be very happy with, let's not forget that there are also a host of other players in our league and other who have come through our ranks (Auba, Cristante and Verdi are all very coveted players who grew up in our system)

That being said, we can't simply rely on this, that's the way forward for a team like Atalanta for example who are renowned for their youth system and have managed to become a team who consistently perform above expectations while producing very good talent. But if you want to punch higher you can't simply rely on this. Cutrone, Calabria, Donna and Locatelli have been given these chances because we have been going through this dark period, had we still been on the upper echelons that we were in a decade ago, they would have simply gone out on the endless loan cycle and been lost to us.

What do you guys think of Belotti nowadays anyway? I'm very ambiguous to say at least.

Depay? The man has been a complete letdown ever since he left the Dutch league? Whatever makes you say that he's our key signing puzzles me completely.

I like Belotti, he's got the type of game that reminds me of someone like Suarez not stylistically, but the way he approaches a game. That being said, this season has made me a bit sceptical, but if the price is right we should definitely pounce

I'm sceptical about Depay as well but his stats for Lyon this season have been impressive. Of course this is in the French league so I'm not really filled with confidence about him. But once again, if we can get a good price on him we should definitely consider him seriously

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 2 2018, 01:53 PM
Post #394

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2018, 10:55 PM) *
Yeah, what I mostly meant there about the summer is that we won't have the same kind of budget we did last summer. So whatever we do have has to be spent well. That's why I think it's important that we go after the 2 quality free agents that are up for grabs right now, because we won't have any money to improve our bench quality + make the 3 crucial signings we need for the starting 11

Oh, yes - agreed. And if we really plan on sacking Mirabelli we should do it sooner rather then later.

And yes, I also think we should try to secure some of the players who will be free via contract expiry. You mentioned Asamoah and Bernard, anyone else interesting?

Well looking at the team against Bologna, there were 4 players on that pitch who have come through the Primavera. I do think that that is something we should be proud of. To have out Primavera producing the kind of talent it is producing is something we should be very happy with, let's not forget that there are also a host of other players in our league and other who have come through our ranks (Auba, Cristante and Verdi are all very coveted players who grew up in our system)

No denial there, our Primavera system is working fine. Locatelli, Calabria, etc are solid players, but they still have to improve massively IMO.

That being said, we can't simply rely on this, that's the way forward for a team like Atalanta for example who are renowned for their youth system and have managed to become a team who consistently perform above expectations while producing very good talent. But if you want to punch higher you can't simply rely on this. Cutrone, Calabria, Donna and Locatelli have been given these chances because we have been going through this dark period, had we still been on the upper echelons that we were in a decade ago, they would have simply gone out on the endless loan cycle and been lost to us.

Well, if some of them would show exquisite talent, they would have stayed. Kaka benched Rui Costa. Pato managed to secure a starting spot very fast. Silva did as well (even though he wasn't regarded a talent). Loca and Calabria would have been loaned out for sure. Cutrone? Perhaps, like Paloschi. Donna? I dunno.

I like Belotti, he's got the type of game that reminds me of someone like Suarez not stylistically, but the way he approaches a game. That being said, this season has made me a bit sceptical, but if the price is right we should definitely pounce

I just hope that Torino will come to their senses and accept a reasonable offer. Last summer they really got on my nerves.

I'm sceptical about Depay as well but his stats for Lyon this season have been impressive. Of course this is in the French league so I'm not really filled with confidence about him. But once again, if we can get a good price on him we should definitely consider him seriously

I have 1 rule regarding Lyon: they always want too much money and usually it turns out to be a mistake (Essien and Benzema being few exemptions).

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 2 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #395

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 2 2018, 01:53 PM) *
Oh, yes - agreed. And if we really plan on sacking Mirabelli we should do it sooner rather then later.

And yes, I also think we should try to secure some of the players who will be free via contract expiry. You mentioned Asamoah and Bernard, anyone else interesting?

Well, there's Max Meyer (maybe you'd have a bit more insight on him since you watch the Bundesliga. Wilshere is also available, then there are Badelj, Shaw, Robben and Ribery. De Vrij and Emre Can are already locked down by Inter and Juve respectively.

So there are a lot of big names up for grabs, I'm not saying get all of them but 3 of those mentioned would significantly increase our quality imo.

I'd actually also consider a Robben or Ribery. They can both still give another 2 years and they're both winners and game changers, exactly what we need.

Vidal is also going into his final year so we could try to make a cheeky swoop

Well, if some of them would show exquisite talent, they would have stayed. Kaka benched Rui Costa. Pato managed to secure a starting spot very fast. Silva did as well (even though he wasn't regarded a talent). Loca and Calabria would have been loaned out for sure. Cutrone? Perhaps, like Paloschi. Donna? I dunno.

Obviously none of them have shown the electrifying instant performances that Kaka and Pato gave, but some players are slow burners/get better as they age. Calabria, imo has been the most improved within that group of 4 so I'm very interested to see how he'll move forward after this season, especially if Contiis fit and in form again next season

I just hope that Torino will come to their senses and accept a reasonable offer. Last summer they really got on my nerves.

I get the feeling that they'll yield this summer. They already took a gamble last summer which has blew up in their faces. If a decent offer arrives (around 30m or thereabouts, I think they'll sell up)

I have 1 rule regarding Lyon: they always want too much money and usually it turns out to be a mistake (Essien and Benzema being few exemptions).

Tolisso is doing very well at Bayern as well. I think it's just the French league in general and not just Lyon. Players tend to look better over there and when they make the step up to a more challenging league they hit a wall

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 2 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #396

Primavera
Group Icon

Tolisso doing well? Hmh, I don't know. He's had ups and downs and mostly he's now playing because Bayern has too many injuries.

As for the freebies; Mayer would be good I guess but he's another "undecided" talent, in other words, not what we need now. Ribery is too injury prone, so is Robben. Both will probably stay for another year at Bayern so there's not much to talk about them. I guess Wilshere is okay. Badelj is a mediocre as is Biglia (if not worse).

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 5 2018, 03:09 PM
Post #397

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

So President Li Yonghong is in attendance for tonight's match and the cup final on Wednesday. This is a time where Berlusconi used to visit Milanello and give the team a pep talk. Of course Berlusconi being a public speaker and Italian carries his weight in being charming and convincing and gives off the positive vibes throughout Milanello. The helicopter landings that big-boss stride into the main building. But with the players always humble and giving them historic lessons on being protagonists and champions. He was really effective, he was the real 12th player on the pitch.

This time around there will be a translator, aka han (not ours, theirs), who plays a big role over there as he is the one pulling the strings on Li's behalf. Yonghong has a massive gap bridged right there. I'm eager to see what affect he will have on the players, if any? Yonghong speech to milanfans

Agnelli is also a family that has given a lot to Juventus and as such the players know it is their house. You get the drift?

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: May 5 2018, 03:21 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 5 2018, 05:17 PM
Post #398

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Playing really well so far. I hope we carry this to the Coppa final

Now that the team has caught their breath again you can really see again the really good work that Rino's done since he's come on board

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 5 2018, 05:18 PM
Post #399

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 5 2018, 03:09 PM) *
So President Li Yonghong is in attendance for tonight's match and the cup final on Wednesday. This is a time where Berlusconi used to visit Milanello and give the team a pep talk. Of course Berlusconi being a public speaker and Italian carries his weight in being charming and convincing and gives off the positive vibes throughout Milanello. The helicopter landings that big-boss stride into the main building. But with the players always humble and giving them historic lessons on being protagonists and champions. He was really effective, he was the real 12th player on the pitch.

This time around there will be a translator, aka han (not ours, theirs), who plays a big role over there as he is the one pulling the strings on Li's behalf. Yonghong has a massive gap bridged right there. I'm eager to see what affect he will have on the players, if any? Yonghong speech to milanfans

Agnelli is also a family that has given a lot to Juventus and as such the players know it is their house. You get the drift?

The bold part made me laugh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 13 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #400

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

We've just put ourselves in a position where we have to win against Fiorentina to avoid that 7th place position.

EL is secured with today's point, but we'd have to play something like 6 games to qualify for the thing if I understood the commentator correctly

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 14 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #401

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 13 2018, 07:00 PM) *
We've just put ourselves in a position where we have to win against Fiorentina to avoid that 7th place position.

EL is secured with today's point, but we'd have to play something like 6 games to qualify for the thing if I understood the commentator correctly

Four, just like this season.

Atalanta though are playing Cagliari away, who are fighting to avoid relegation. I don't think they'll win.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 14 2018, 09:31 PM
Post #402

Primavera
Group Icon

Meh.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 14 2018, 10:30 PM
Post #403

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 14 2018, 09:31 PM) *
Meh.

Aye. I honestly don't give two fucks whether we end 6th or 7th.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 18 2018, 03:08 PM
Post #404

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 14 2018, 10:30 PM) *
Aye. I honestly don't give two fucks whether we end 6th or 7th.

Having to play those qualifiers makes a big difference imo. I'd rather not be in the thing at all than have to go through that so early in the summer. Not to mention losing million from having to pull out of summer tours

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 18 2018, 06:11 PM
Post #405

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 18 2018, 03:08 PM) *
Having to play those qualifiers makes a big difference imo. I'd rather not be in the thing at all than have to go through that so early in the summer. Not to mention losing million from having to pull out of summer tours

Who cares.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:53 PM