33 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Friendlies Thread, Up Next: Monza - Milan. Date: 20/07/14 Time: 18:00 CET

X-Offender
post Jul 22 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #466

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 22 2017, 09:58 PM) *
Wasn't registered in time. Neither was Biglia. Both will be unavailable.

Damn. Well, shouldn't be a problem anyway.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 23 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #467

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Yeah, but I still think we should play the 3 defense. I mean, it's a bit comic that our main gameplan and tactic depend solely on one man. Sure, I get it - he's our star defender and tactically our strongest link, yet we should try to make this 3 man defense our main gameplan regardless of Leo playing or not. Such a tactical deployment usually has to be played over and over again to make it as cohesive as possible.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 23 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #468

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 23 2017, 01:50 PM) *
Yeah, but I still think we should play the 3 defense. I mean, it's a bit comic that our main gameplan and tactic depend solely on one man. Sure, I get it - he's our star defender and tactically our strongest link, yet we should try to make this 3 man defense our main gameplan regardless of Leo playing or not. Such a tactical deployment usually has to be played over and over again to make it as cohesive as possible.

And why exactly should we make it our main gameplan? Bonucci can perfectly play in a CB pairing as well, it's not like he doesn't know how to play outside of the 3-man defense. That's ridiculous.

Going 3-5-2 is backwards logic. We'd basically be playing with 5 defenders, when all other big clubs nowadays deploy a very offensive 4-2-3-1, 4-2-4, or at least a 4-3-3.

Yet we're being tied to a formation just because of one man, a defender nonetheless. If we had signed Neymar or Messi and were willing to shape the formation based on their needs, I'd be fine with that. But frigging Bonucci? He's great and all that, but let's not get over our heads.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 23 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #469

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 23 2017, 02:04 PM) *
And why exactly should we make it our main gameplan? Bonucci can perfectly play in a CB pairing as well, it's not like he doesn't know how to play outside of the 3-man defense. That's ridiculous.

Going 3-5-2 is backwards logic. We'd basically be playing with 5 defenders, when all other big clubs nowadays deploy a very offensive 4-2-3-1, 4-2-4, or at least a 4-3-3.

Yet we're being tied to a formation just because of one man, a defender nonetheless. If we had signed Neymar or Messi and were willing to shape the formation based on their needs, I'd be fine with that. But frigging Bonucci? He's great and all that, but let's not get over our heads.

Problem is, we don't have wingers to really play those formations. Suso and a converted pseudo winger like Bona are not enough

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 23 2017, 07:01 PM
Post #470

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 23 2017, 04:04 PM) *

What is you rant about again my friend? Have you looked at our roster lately?

And what are you talking about. 4-3-3 is evidently not the formation for us. Mentioning big clubs who deploy the offensive gameplan is ludicrous. All of these teams are filled with attacking wingers and good passing midfielders. Take Juve, who now have Benatacur as well as Pjanić plus Cuadrado, Pjaca, Mandzukić who can play on the wing, Asamoah, Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi... We have one and a half winger in our roster now, and I'm not gonna wait until the summer ends to say we ain't gonna play wingers.

Yet what we have is Conti who played his best football as RWB, then we have Rodriguez who can play LWB undoubtedly and Bonucci who is the alpha defender type.

So please hold your breath. We're not being tied to this formation just because of one "frigging Bonucci", rather we've signed players who could probably play their best with a 3 man defense and 2 attacking wingbacks while Bonucci was the last missing key element to make all this work.

All I'm saying is that I don't think we have the players nor the cohesivness or stability to transform from a 3-2-2-3/3-2-3-2 to the ones you mention.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 23 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #471

Hmm...

You see, we do have the wingers. Bonaventura and Suso would fit perfectly in 4-2-3-1, with Calhanoglu behind the striker, and Kessie-Biglia in the double pivot. It's a top notch line-up, no matter how you look at it.

But the issue is we don't have any back-ups, that is true. If one of Bona or Suso gets injured/needs to to rest, then we would either have to get inventive and play, say, Borini on the wing, or advance Conti/Rodriguez up ahead, which I wouldn't prefer.

But the window isn't over yet. We could sign a back-up winger, and then we really wouldn't have any excuses not to play 4-2-3-1.

PS: I never said we should play 4-3-3.

PS 2: Juve didn't really have wingers either last season (only Cuadrado) yet they still managed to pull it off by "inventing" Mandzukic on the left, or advancing Dani Alves. That is why they signed Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi, due to the lack of wingers.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 24 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #472

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Montella confirming today that the 3 at the back is an option which 'intrigues' him.

Good to know the man is going to continue to adapt to whatever his squad is best suited to at any given time - we do NOT want a hard formation which won't adjust like last season.

We need flexibility whatever the formation.

“It intrigues me as an idea. But I must say that with these players we can really use so many systems.

“Bonucci is a highly-competitive professional, he will be an example for young players. I do not know if without him Juve has been weakened, but we certainly have strengthened ourselves.

“[And] I do not think he will be too big of a presence in the locker room.”

This post has been edited by Danny: Jul 24 2017, 02:47 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 24 2017, 03:02 PM
Post #473

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 24 2017, 09:17 PM) *
Montella confirming today that the 3 at the back is an option which 'intrigues' him.

Good to know the man is going to continue to adapt to whatever his squad is best suited to at any given time - we do NOT want a hard formation which won't adjust like last season.

We need flexibility whatever the formation.

Meanwhile apparently Spaletti has been quoted as saying that our defeat of Bayern was Carlo 'giving us a gift'. Wow, it doesn't take long to turn into a jerk once you enter that club does it?

I like it. I want this season to start ASAP. Really looking forward to watching us this season. I hope it can go back to watching a Milan game because it was fun, than some forced sense of loyalty.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 24 2017, 03:57 PM
Post #474

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 24 2017, 03:02 PM) *
Meanwhile apparently Spaletti has been quoted as saying that our defeat of Bayern was Carlo 'giving us a gift'. Wow, it doesn't take long to turn into a jerk once you enter that club does it?

I like it. I want this season to start ASAP. Really looking forward to watching us this season. I hope it can go back to watching a Milan game because it was fun, than some forced sense of loyalty.

I was so depressed when Spaletti was linked to us. Inter are welcome to him.

(IMG:http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Carlo%20Ancelotti%20gDJx9MADmN4m.jpg)

Commentators were even saying they don't ever recall him looking that stressed, angry or pale.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 24 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #475

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 24 2017, 03:02 PM) *

Did he say that? I don't recall reading anything. Maybe a mis-quotation. Spaletti isn't someone who would say such things.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Jul 24 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #476

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 24 2017, 12:06 PM) *
Did he say that? I don't recall reading anything. Maybe a mis-quotation. Spaletti isn't someone who would say such things.

Actually he did.

TMW quoting mediaset sport:

Milan super col Bayern? Non si può considerare una vittoria o una sconfitta dopo 7 giorni d'allenamento, se si va dietro ai risultati e basta si fa confusione, si rischia di fare come l'anno scorso e si perdono i connotati di squadra. Aspettiamo, il Milan ha fatto giocare molti ragazzi, Ancelotti probabilmente si è ricordato di essere stato sulla panchina rossonera (ride, ndr). Ho visto solo degli spezzoni, il Milan ha fatto bene però non c'era nessuno di quelli nuovi, non conta niente questo, conta solo quello che faremo noi.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 24 2017, 09:28 PM
Post #477

He said that as a joke, but it's actually the rest of what he says that irks me.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 25 2017, 09:26 AM
Post #478

Primavera
Group Icon

Joke or not, it's completely off.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 25 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #479

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 25 2017, 09:26 AM) *
Joke or not, it's completely off.

True, true.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 25 2017, 02:05 PM
Post #480

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I was angry, but I'm happy now because it means I can go back to hating Inter. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:21 PM