Fillipo Simone
post Nov 30 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #76

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2014, 07:30 PM) *
His passes in the second half simply weren't connecting with anyone, he kept making errors when he passed it forward, he was decent overall today, he usually is at RB, I don't really ever remember him having any awful games in this position, it's when you put hm in the centre that he really starts to f@ck up

But if Abate was the one making the crosses Bonera made today you'd be complaining about how he can't cross. You're mostly looking at something and trying to make it overly positive to defend his place in side, when in reality he really shouldn't be in it

As I said before, I watch closely when our fullbacks make crosses. This is not the problem Abate had. No need to mix it up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 30 2014, 07:58 PM
Post #77

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

According to Mediaset, (1) there's doubt about whether the ball crossed the line or not, (2) there was a clear penalty on Badu from Armero not given by the ref, and (3) Honda controlled the ball with his hand, so there should have been no penalty for us and Domizzi shouldn't have been sent off.

So, in other words, we stole the three points. How nice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Nov 30 2014, 07:59 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 30 2014, 09:35 PM
Post #78

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 30 2014, 06:20 PM) *
Yet Parma managed to score 4 goals to us. Only Chievo were bad against us, but not as bad as Udinese were today. No matter what excuses you might try to find, Udinese so far have been the worst opponent we've faced, and the fact we managed to win doesn't necessarily mean we played well. Like I said, we weren't bad, but not good enough either.

My point exactly, even the worst of teams have managed to make us look ridiculous in defence on many occasions

Note that no where did I say that we were great today, I just thought it was a fairly good performances, but I also said there are still a lot of things that we very obviously need to work on

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 30 2014, 07:58 PM) *
According to Mediaset, (1) there's doubt about whether the ball crossed the line or not, (2) there was a clear penalty on Badu from Armero not given by the ref, and (3) Honda controlled the ball with his hand, so there should have been no penalty for us and Domizzi shouldn't have been sent off.

So, in other words, we stole the three points. How nice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

How could there be ANY doubt on whether the ball crossed the line though? It was very clear from the side angle that it did since you could see the entirety of the ball had gone past the post. This is why goal line technology is needed, and it's ridiculous that Serie A is not using it. They talk and talk about improving the league but aside from some small meaningless changes here and there they never really do anything to actually improve it.

I didn't see any handling of the ball from Honda, he was clearly getting pushed and pulled by Domizzi though.

Can't say anything about the Armero foul as I cannot remember it

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 30 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #79

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Only saw from 35 minutes onwards but it looked really really good today. It looked like what happens when you actually pick decent players in more or less the right positions.

Ratings:

Lopez 6 Looked untroubled from what I saw, don't remember him making a major save.

Rami 6 Comfortable and slick on the ball

Mexes 7 Looked like he had a particularly good match - nothing seemed to get past him - led well

Bonera 6 Didn't see him do much wrong in truth, but then he's not a RB

Armero 6 Not bad for a debut given a total lack of understanding with his team mates.

MvG 6 Again, solid, not overly flashy but composed and cultured.

Bona 6 Just never stops working.

Essien 7 He's looked great two matches in a row now. I thought I'd got him all wrong but he's having a renaissance of a time right now. Red card was just ludicrous.

SES 5 Didn't see him having much impact.

Honda 5 Same as SES

Menez 7 Selfish as always but his contributions made the difference.

(ratings aren't the best this week given I didn't get a full picture of the match)

Subs:

Poli 6 His usual shift

Monto 5 Just great to see him again - another option in the middle

Pazzo 2 Confidence has gone, couldn't score through text now.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 30 2014, 10:43 PM
Post #80

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2014, 09:35 PM) *
How could there be ANY doubt on whether the ball crossed the line though? It was very clear from the side angle that it did since you could see the entirety of the ball had gone past the post. This is why goal line technology is needed, and it's ridiculous that Serie A is not using it. They talk and talk about improving the league but aside from some small meaningless changes here and there they never really do anything to actually improve it.

I didn't see any handling of the ball from Honda, he was clearly getting pushed and pulled by Domizzi though.

Can't say anything about the Armero foul as I cannot remember it

Yeah, it was a clear goal. The ball crossed the line. No doubts there.

Honda controlled the ball with his hand. I watched up close replays and it was fairly evident.

There was a clear foul on Badu by Armero, and Udinese should have been awarded the penalty. Again, I saw the replay for this.

Were we favored by the ref? Yes and no. I think he was told at half time that Rami's header had crossed the line, so his officiating in the second half was very erratic. He clearly was conditioned by it.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 30 2014, 10:56 PM
Post #81

About MvG, I thought he did alright, but I was expecting something more from him. Still, you could clearly see that without Muntari and with someone who knows how to utilize the ball our maneuver was much more fluid.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 30 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #82

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 30 2014, 09:56 PM) *
About MvG, I thought he did alright, but I was expecting something more from him. Still, you could clearly see that without Muntari and with someone who knows how to utilize the ball our maneuver was much more fluid.

I knew neither he nor Armero would be miraculous. They know they'll be dropped next match, so motivation isn't high.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 1 2014, 03:39 PM
Post #83

Our next three games before the break are against Genoa, Napoli and Roma. My guess is we won't be able to get more than two points.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 1 2014, 03:47 PM
Post #84

Primavera
Group Icon

Win against Genoa should be doable. The other two fixtures are tricky, we'll see.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 1 2014, 04:29 PM
Post #85

Doable? They're 3rd, and they're the only team that have managed to beat Juventus in the league. It's far from doable. Hence why I think a draw is the most we can get from that fixture, especially since we're playing away.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 1 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #86

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 30 2014, 10:56 PM) *

Well, it's his first full game of the season, just based on that I thought he did very well

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 1 2014, 04:29 PM) *
Doable? They're 3rd, and they're the only team that have managed to beat Juventus in the league. It's far from doable. Hence why I think a draw is the most we can get from that fixture, especially since we're playing away.

Well on paper we should be able to beat them, and even if they're third failing to win there would be very problematic for us considering the next 2 fixtures you pointed out.

If we go out against Genoa and can barely muster a whimper it will be out failure not their achievement imo

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 1 2014, 06:48 PM
Post #87

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 1 2014, 06:29 PM) *

But football isn't mathematics. I've watched Genoa play a few times this season and they're far from perfect.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 1 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #88

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 1 2014, 06:48 PM) *
But football isn't mathematics. I've watched Genoa play a few times this season and they're far from perfect.

Cesena, Empoli, Palermo, Cagliari etc. are also far from perfect, yet we bunked against them. My point is that in the state we are now, every match and every opponent is a challenge. Hence, there's nothing "double", but only question marks.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 1 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #89

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 1 2014, 10:18 PM) *
Cesena, Empoli, Palermo, Cagliari etc. are also far from perfect, yet we bunked against them. My point is that in the state we are now, every match and every opponent is a challenge. Hence, there's nothing "double", but only question marks.

Double? You mean doable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I still think there is. Especially with Monto coming back, Essien doing good and MvG being integrated and used more often.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 5 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #90

Primavera
Group Icon

New poll is here

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:38 PM