+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 27 2014, 12:04 AM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Not always easy to face Udinese. But after a series of matches without a win, we really need all 3 points here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 27 2014, 12:13 AM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Even if we win it won't change anything until Pippo changes system and realizes his mistakes. But even if he does, the time when he's supposed to impact the players has passed and no improvements have been made. It's our own fault for relying on rookie coaches.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 27 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

So, in your opinion, what are the mistakes Pippo made?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 27 2014, 12:33 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 27 2014, 12:14 AM) *
So, in your opinion, what are the mistakes Pippo made?

In short, he hasn't managed to impact the players. I remember his initial words after he became a coach, that if we lose to an opponent, it should only be because we are inferior to them, not because we are less determined than they are. Or something along those lines. Consider this team now, 5-6 months after he took over, and I don't see any of that. I don't see excitement and desire to win, but players being lazy and individualistic, not acting as a cohesive unit, unwilling to sacrifice themselves for their teammates and honor the shirt they're wearing.

On top of that, he's also completely messed up with formation and player selection, man management and his stinky attitude after every game really gets to me. I knew things would end up this way after that Juve game. It was too obvious.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Nov 27 2014, 12:36 AM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 27 2014, 12:02 PM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

Then again, to me your expectations are way up high. Rarely coaches can inspire and mentally change a loosing team without any true star, leader or captain. A rookie coach to do so? That happens maybe few times in few years, no more, no less.

I think Inzaghi is only a fraction of the whole story. Which goes up to the management, but also down to the players. In all honesty, I think we have a very limited team and even worse - a bunch of characterless players who are not up to it to take a leader position and mentally change our pattern.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 27 2014, 02:01 PM
Post #7

It can be done if the coach is up to it, but Pippo clearly isn't. I don't want to hate the man, and I never will because he's one of my most favorite players ever, but we have to be objective here and accept that so far he has completely failed at his job. The numbers are there, the quality of our showings is clear to everyone's eyes, his mistakes too. I'm not being harsh, I'm just stating things as they are.

And yes, like I said, it is mostly the management's fault. Just because it worked with Sacchi and Capello doesn't mean it will always work. Those coaches had fantastic teams to rely on, and thus their inexperience didn't count as much. Inzaghi instead has to deal with an average side, without any true stars or leaders, so his job will be ten folds more difficult. Simply put, he's not the man for the job. We needed a more experienced coach, someone like Mancini.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Nov 27 2014, 02:02 PM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 27 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

A little unfair on Sacchi. He inherited a great squad and bought well (MVB & Gullit), but this was a Milan who hadn't won the Scudetto in 9 years.

You can have a world class squad but still not achieve without a good coach. As said squad did not under Liedholm then caretaker Capello the previous season.

While I can defend Pippo regarding how shite our squad actually is, he has no excuse for mismanaging what he does have and turning a potential top 5 team into a midtable shambles.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 27 2014, 09:41 PM
Post #9

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Too much emphasis is being placed on results from a rookie coach. There are a lot of moving objects in a football team, Pippo was always going to get into such a situation and only time/mistakes will allow him to learn and grow the team.

Frankly speaking I am impressed with how Pippo has done thus far, I expected Milan with more losses. That being said he is no Ancelotti. He needs time, and just like players need time on the pitch to get into the match rhythm, a coach needs games under his belt.

Think this should be a decisive game for morale.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 28 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #10

Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, De Sciglio; Essien, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy; Torres.

Gazzetta has Zapata instead of Bonera and van Ginkel instead of Muntari.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 28 2014, 07:56 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 28 2014, 05:24 PM) *
Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, De Sciglio; Essien, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy; Torres.

Gazzetta has Zapata instead of Bonera and van Ginkel instead of Muntari.

How Bonera can ever see the light of day in this squad after all the antics he pulled off this season is beyond me.

Sent off twice, a gazillion mistakes, what does this guy have to do to get frozen out by Pippo? Walk the ball into our net?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 28 2014, 08:15 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 28 2014, 07:56 PM) *
How Bonera can ever see the light of day in this squad after all the antics he pulled off this season is beyond me.

Sent off twice, a gazillion mistakes, what does this guy have to do to get frozen out by Pippo? Walk the ball into our net?

That made me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 28 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 28 2014, 06:56 PM) *

I backed him all the way last season, despite your criticisms of him, but this pre-season and season he's been diabolical.

Pippo doesn't agree and thinks of him as our best defender in some respects. Same idiocy sees him select Muntari every match.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 29 2014, 10:20 AM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 28 2014, 10:38 PM) *
I backed him all the way last season, despite your criticisms of him, but this pre-season and season he's been diabolical.

Pippo doesn't agree and thinks of him as our best defender in some respects. Same idiocy sees him select Muntari every match.

I seriously just cannot get it with some players.

Just cannot understand how someone who plays like Muntari does each week and makes the mistakes he does can be considered a sure starter while Van Ginkel for example is not trusted to start or be given a fair chance

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 29 2014, 11:09 AM
Post #15

The only reason I can think of that Pippo doesn't play MvG is because he's on loan without the right of purchase, and he definitely will want to return to Chelsea by the end of the season. But even that is not a plausible excuse considering how crap we are and that we need all the help available.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:39 AM