> 36a Giornata - Milan vs Roma [Paolo Maldini's last home game], 0809 Serie A

Tennie
post Jun 2 2009, 03:31 AM
Post #466

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

FdL = Fossa dei Leoni. They're the former big ultra group for Milan. They disbanded a few years ago over a strange protest about stolen banners, etc. These are hardcore guys. And yeah, the condemnation has been for the Curva Sud. Very much so. They're getting no defense at all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jun 2 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #467

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 1 2009, 10:31 PM) *
FdL = Fossa dei Leoni. They're the former big ultra group for Milan. They disbanded a few years ago over a strange protest about stolen banners, etc. These are hardcore guys. And yeah, the condemnation has been for the Curva Sud. Very much so. They're getting no defense at all.

Thanks for the clarification. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Good - I hope they publicly apoligize for their stupid actions, in which case I would still be upset and hope that no one feels sorry for them! Idiots!!!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 2 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #468

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 01:47 AM) *
Not going to touch on the game really, as pretty much everything's already been said. I'll follow up a bit on the whole ultra thing though, as there's been a lot of press about it in Italy over the past week.

It was a group of about 500 of the Curva Sud (mostly former FdL folks) who were behind the shameful banners. They referred to two incidents that caused their 'protest' - Maldini's harsh words to them after Istanbul (which were in turn caused by a 20 year old Curva member demanding that he apologize for the loss) and the finger to the lips gesture earlier this season after the Curva had been booing them.

There has been pretty much universal condemnation of the behavior in Italy - including from fans of the cugini, the gobbi, etc.

Personally, I don't think that block of 500 should be allowed to buy tickets to a Milan game ever again. And I hope they are ashamed of what they've done.

I've been waiting for your return to hear what you had to say on the whole issue. It's been over 2 weeks and I still can't wrap my mind around the entire thing...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 2 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #469

Token Girl
Group Icon

I'm still disgusted by the whole thing. Fishdoll thinks the ultras should be turned over to dst for punishment, but...well, even THAT would be too good for them. They're a disgrace.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 2 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #470

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 06:05 PM) *
I'm still disgusted by the whole thing. Fishdoll thinks the ultras should be turned over to dst for punishment, but...well, even THAT would be too good for them. They're a disgrace.

After that game I really thought about you and the money you spent to go and watch Paolo's last 2 games and to have them ruined by a bunch of ungrateful SOBs. I can't even imagine how that felt for you... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 2 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #471

Token Girl
Group Icon

Y'know, it really did suck for a couple of hours, until I got back to my hotel from dinner. The concierge on duty that night is a gobbi fan and given that I'm something of a regular at the hotel, he knew I'd come specifically for the game. He stated quite clearly that even though he'd always supported Juventus, Maldini had always been his favorite Italian player and that he was one of the best of all time. He was furious with the curva for what they did. And I saw that sentiment echoed in one form or another every day for the rest of my trip, coming to a high point in the utter class displayed by the Viola players, management, and fans. So in a strange way, the curva caused an even more emphatic outpouring of affection for Maldini than there might otherwise have been.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 2 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #472

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 09:34 PM) *
Y'know, it really did suck for a couple of hours, until I got back to my hotel from dinner. The concierge on duty that night is a gobbi fan and given that I'm something of a regular at the hotel, he knew I'd come specifically for the game. He stated quite clearly that even though he'd always supported Juventus, Maldini had always been his favorite Italian player and that he was one of the best of all time. He was furious with the curva for what they did. And I saw that sentiment echoed in one form or another every day for the rest of my trip, coming to a high point in the utter class displayed by the Viola players, management, and fans. So in a strange way, the curva caused an even more emphatic outpouring of affection for Maldini than there might otherwise have been.

At least there was the consolation of the Fiornetina fans, which really lessened the blow a lot and showed hyow much other club fans appreciate him. I'm really glad the last macth wasn't played in San Siro because that would have left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth that wouldn't go away that easily.

It's just shameful really. And it's really touching to hear that come out of a Zebra's mouth.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 2 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #473

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Even if I was disappointed when I read the schedule at the beginning of the season I'm happy it was an away game in the end for Paolo. Also, something Abete said and was not reported in the English language sites is that "the whistles against Maldini are even worse for Italian football than Calciopoli"... that... says a lot!

AN ETERNAL **** YOU FROM ME TO THE GUERRIERI ULTRAS!!!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 2 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #474

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Those Ultras really gave themselves a bad name. they will never be looked upon as the same by not only Milan fans, but football fans in general, until they die!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 3 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #475

Token Girl
Group Icon

For what it's worth, I just sent a nastygram to milannews about the Curva Sud and the fact that Milannews is seeing fit to interview their leaders for 'expert opinion'. It'll be interesting to see if I get any response.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jun 3 2009, 06:08 PM
Post #476

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 1 2009, 06:47 PM) *
It was a group of about 500 of the Curva Sud (mostly former FdL folks) who were behind the shameful banners. They referred to two incidents that caused their 'protest' - Maldini's harsh words to them after Istanbul (which were in turn caused by a 20 year old Curva member demanding that he apologize for the loss) and the finger to the lips gesture earlier this season after the Curva had been booing them. Personally, I don't think that block of 500 should be allowed to buy tickets to a Milan game ever again. And I hope they are ashamed of what they've done.

The "finger to the lips" was right after Milan were eliminated by Bremen in the UEFA Cup. I still remember that. And these are probably the same maroons who were begging Kaka to stay in January and right now.

You weren't here when we also brought up the fact that during Maldini's home finale, there was yet another gushy banner on display as well praising the brownnoser Sheva.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 3 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #477

Token Girl
Group Icon

Think I've got a photo of that one. I probably have photos of some of the naughty ones too. Haven't tried the zoom on the pictures yet.

I don't think any of those curva folks - and I recognize that it's a small minority of the curva - deserve to go to games. they're certainly not football fans. they're a group of organized thugs.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 3 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #478

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

There's nothing wrong with anyone begging Kaka to stay.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Jun 3 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #479

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 3 2009, 07:14 PM) *
There's nothing wrong with anyone begging Kaka to stay.

Begging Kaka one night and jeering Maldini the other? It's much worse than wrong. It's perverse, and shouldn't be tolerated by the Milan administration.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jun 3 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #480

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 3 2009, 10:22 AM) *
Begging Kaka one night and jeering Maldini the other? It's much worse than wrong. It's perverse, and shouldn't be tolerated by the Milan administration.

Exactly.

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:59 PM