han2503
post Sep 9 2021, 03:49 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Back after 7 long years.

I don't know if it will be a happy time for us given the group we've been saddled with, but unfortunately those are the consequences of being in the wilderness for so long and not taking the EL that seriously.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 10 2021, 02:56 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Don't know about you guys but I'm super excited about this. I grew up with Ancelotti's Milan where the Champions League was our soil, so being back after 7 long years is fantastic. Let's just hope we can put up some dignified performance.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 12 2021, 05:48 PM
Post #3

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

**** them, bunch od dirty players

Leao!!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 12 2021, 06:01 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 12 2021, 05:48 PM) *
**** them, bunch od dirty players

Leao!!

We scored against Liverpool? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 12 2021, 06:39 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 12 2021, 08:01 PM) *
We scored against Liverpool? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Woops (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 12 2021, 08:59 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2021, 02:56 PM) *
Don't know about you guys but I'm super excited about this. I grew up with Ancelotti's Milan where the Champions League was our soil, so being back after 7 long years is fantastic. Let's just hope we can put up some dignified performance.

Yeah. I remember those seasons when we even treated the league like a 2nd rate competition as you would with the UEFA Cup when CL matches came around. We'd lose to Ascoli on the weekend and blow out Man U on a Wednesday. Those were the days....

And to think that we could have easily won another 2 titles if it weren't for arrogance on our part against both Liverpool and Deportivo

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 14 2021, 02:12 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Deportivo... i'm really not sure what happened back then. It was such a shocker, mostly because we played so freaking good that season.

Liverpool... to be quite honest, we had much luck prior to that against PSV and I think PSV might have even deserved to go through to the final. But anyway, and now I'm stepping into heavy counterfactual history, but do you guys think Milan would have won the 2008 Athens final without the defeat in Istanbul? Because these two games are so interlinked and our team was so old in 2008. I'm somehow convinced that players like Pippo, Pirlo, Ambro, etc got the extra push particularly because of the defeat in Istanbul. Without that, I really don't see us winning in Athens or playing the final for that matter.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 14 2021, 02:13 PM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Oh and guess what,... Ibra injured again, Achilles injury.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 14 2021, 05:51 PM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

I think it wont be a quick recovery but would love to have him against juveand we shouldn't be considering zlatan a major option this season unfortunately

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 14 2021, 06:03 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 14 2021, 02:12 PM) *
Deportivo... i'm really not sure what happened back then. It was such a shocker, mostly because we played so freaking good that season.

Liverpool... to be quite honest, we had much luck prior to that against PSV and I think PSV might have even deserved to go through to the final. But anyway, and now I'm stepping into heavy counterfactual history, but do you guys think Milan would have won the 2008 Athens final without the defeat in Istanbul? Because these two games are so interlinked and our team was so old in 2008. I'm somehow convinced that players like Pippo, Pirlo, Ambro, etc got the extra push particularly because of the defeat in Istanbul. Without that, I really don't see us winning in Athens or playing the final for that matter.

Whereas we fully deserved to win the Istanbul final and simply got unlucky, Athens was a much more balanced game. Very tactical, even ugly at times. No one team dominated and it was the singular episodes that made the difference. Can't say we deserved to win like in 2005, but it's not like Liverpool deserved to win more or something.

2005 was an important factor but not decisive. You say our team was old, but don't forget we scored 5 goals against ManUtd in the semi finals, playing some fantastic football. That Liverpool side was not particularly great. Very mediocre players all around.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 14 2021, 06:06 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 14 2021, 05:51 PM) *
I think it wont be a quick recovery but would love to have him against juveand we shouldn't be considering zlatan a major option this season unfortunately

Huge blow. Someone like Ibra was necessary for tomorrow especially in terms of morale boost. Let's not forget most of these players have never played in the CL before. Not to mention Giroud is not fully fit and can only play 30-35 minutes at most. So I assume it's gonna be Rebic CF again.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 15 2021, 07:46 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 14 2021, 02:12 PM) *

True.. Bu as x-off said, the 2005 final was one of the best team performances I've seen, barring those idiotic few minutes. While Athen was much more balanced and could have easily gone either way.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 14 2021, 02:13 PM) *
Oh and guess what,... Ibra injured again, Achilles injury.

I hope we still took him to England with the team. Even from the touchline he make a difference for the rest of the players imo

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 15 2021, 07:47 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Liverpool have made some big changes to their line-up. VdV and Mane not starting

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 15 2021, 08:03 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

This is not an ideal start.. Need to settle down

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 15 2021, 08:04 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2021, 08:47 PM) *
Liverpool have made some big changes to their line-up. VdV and Mane not starting

Who are they playing om weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:17 AM