> Coppa Italia - Last 16 - Milan - Torino, Date: 12/01/2017 Time: 21:00 CET

han2503
post Jan 12 2017, 09:05 AM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Sorry for opening this so late, game against Toro for Coppa last 16 is tonight @ 9pm. We'll face them again in the league on Monday, so it's a double dose of Toro for us in these next few days

Montella will most likely make a couple of changes. Romagnoli has a fever so he won't be starting, Abate will be evaluated today after that knock to his knee and Antonelli didn't train yesterday either, so I'm expecting something like this

Calabria--Paletta-Gomez--De Sciglio
Kucka--Bertolacci--Sosa
Suso--Lapadula--Bonaventura

Juve are waiting if we go through.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Jan 12 2017, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,674

I'm surprised that no one else is here. Jack is on fire. An assist and goal in the the past three minutes to get us to 2-1.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 12 2017, 10:55 PM
Post #3

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Ahhhhhh..almost Lapa!

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 12 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Nice skill from Locaaa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Even if in the dying minutes

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Jan 12 2017, 10:58 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

Today is just not Lapadula's day. He's been very close a few times but can't get the final touch.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 12 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

FT 2-1 Forza Milan!!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 13 2017, 05:51 AM
Post #7

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Big win. Couldn't see this match as it was too late on a week day. Anyone with any report on Gomez? How is he looking in the heart of defence?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 13 2017, 08:09 AM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 13 2017, 05:51 AM) *
Big win. Couldn't see this match as it was too late on a week day. Anyone with any report on Gomez? How is he looking in the heart of defence?

I have to say I was quite impressed with him. At first I was like, 'oh no, he's gonna get burned by Ljajic and Bellotti' which let's be honest both him and Paletta were being run ragged by in that first half (can I just say here what an amazing striker I think Bellotti is and is going to be in the future? So quick, strong and smart as well, would be amazing if we can somehow get him next summer once we have some cash on hand).

Anyway back on topic, after a shaky start I thought he played really well, can be a bit too aggressive at times which isn't a very good combo next to Paletta's overly aggressive style, but it also helped us a lot in terms of winning the ball higher up the pitch, he was the one who recovered the ball for Bona's goal in fact.

I definitely think that he's someone who has a future here, which is very encouraging considering we literally plucked him out of nowhere when all our other targets fell through for us.

A couple of comments on some of the other encouraging performances I saw yesterday, first would be Sosa, I have to say, for all the derision this guy has received (some of it earned), I have to say that he was very good in the regista role, at first I had the same bad feeling about him as I did about Gomez, because in the first 20 minutes or so we were getting run off the pitch and barely hanging on at times. But once the team settled I though he did a really good job in controlling the pace of the game and keeping thing ticking over for us

Lapadula is also someone that always impresses me, although he missed a couple of opportunities, especially after rounding the keeper and shooting at the defender on the line. His movement and work rate is always impressive. I really do think that he suites this team better than Bacca does, who might be a better finisher, but overall I think Lapadula has proved himself to be the better all-round player

Bonaventura,to put it in one word; Clutch. Such a difference maker and Suso imo is following his lead in this regard.
Berto, I think he's finally showing the promise people saw in him at Genoa. I'd really like to see Montella use him in midfield and moving Bona up instead of the useless Niang for the rest of the season.

All in all I think we had a pretty bad first half and a really good second. Juve will be up next so we have a difficult week of fixtures up ahead after the Toro match with Napoli and Juve in mid-week.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 14 2017, 09:03 AM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Is it safe to say now that Suso is one of our top 3 players, if not the best ? I am impressed by him, really.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 14 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 12 2017, 10:26 PM) *
I'm surprised that no one else is here. Jack is on fire. An assist and goal in the the past three minutes to get us to 2-1.

I didn't even know this match was on - at least once a year I'm oblivious to a Milan match and end up watching a film instead. This year it was Revenge of the Sith.

Didn't see too much of this one but seems like the Cagliari debacle we scraped by again.

This squad is running on absolute empty and it's staggering we're managing not to completely combust although we are threatening to entirely unravel, as I said before.

I see the transfer thread is totally dead; I've not actually been on here in weeks either. But I've just learned our shite treatment of Adriano is at an end and he's now a Spartak player. Meanwhile Niang is causing interest for Arsenal.

But we're just not signing anyone. Once again relying on loans and it looks like our squad in February might actually be thinner than it is now. And if that's the case, we'll be lucky to be top ten this season. Another write off of a season. We all age another year waiting for our Milan to return.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 14 2017, 01:49 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jan 14 2017, 09:03 AM) *
Is it safe to say now that Suso is one of our top 3 players, if not the best ? I am impressed by him, really.

Safe to say that back in October, but ironically teams were getting wise to his old technique of cutting back to his left. He's started crossing with his right now which is giving him a new dimension.

He began struggling a bit but seems he's adapting.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 14 2017, 02:21 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 14 2017, 03:49 PM) *
Safe to say that back in October, but ironically teams were getting wise to his old technique of cutting back to his left. He's started crossing with his right now which is giving him a new dimension.

He began struggling a bit but seems he's adapting.

What ?! I think that his performances have improved actually. Just look at how good he is pairing with Bona. First goal came from a shot he made with his left, second came from an assist with his left. I am not sure you got a point there Danny.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 15 2017, 02:24 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jan 14 2017, 02:21 PM) *
What ?! I think that his performances have improved actually. Just look at how good he is pairing with Bona. First goal came from a shot he made with his left, second came from an assist with his left. I am not sure you got a point there Danny.

I'm not sure you've really understood me buddy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:00 PM