> [IT] Serie A 2015-16

X-Offender
post Aug 30 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #31

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 30 2015, 08:09 PM) *
I'd have kept Vidal every minute of the day day of the week week of the month etc.

Vidal is 28, Pogba is 22. I think they made the right choice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Aug 30 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2015, 10:11 PM) *

No doubt there.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 30 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #33

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 30 2015, 08:09 PM) *
I'd have kept Vidal every minute of the day day of the week week of the month etc.

Agreed.

It would have made much more sense to sell Pogba for a huge sum (80m figures being thrown around) and kept Vidal, who didn't go for a lot imo when you consider the transfer fees of today.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Aug 30 2015, 08:26 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

It would be pretty dumb to sell Vidal this season in order to keep Pogba, just to sell him after a season though. If they dont keep Pogba for at least next 5 years they fooled themselves.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Aug 30 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Jovetic scored for Inter. If they win, they will have 6 points and more important they will be in better mood for the derby.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 30 2015, 09:31 PM
Post #36

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Milan target Baselli doing very well at the moment for Torino. Two goals and good performances overall.

That's what I've been talking about: you can have a less creative and more working oriented midfield but still produce chances and play well. Milan simply fails at this because of the players mentality.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 30 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #37

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 30 2015, 11:31 PM) *
Milan target Baselli doing very well at the moment for Torino. Two goals and good performances overall.

That's what I've been talking about: you can have a less creative and more working oriented midfield but still produce chances and play well. Milan simply fails at this because of the players mentality.

So true. Miha knows it, and will work on fixing it.

You just can't convince me that having this one or two players in the lineup will change the whole team! There is a mentality problem more than anything.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 30 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #38

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2015, 08:11 PM) *

Really?

Whole of last season:

Pogba: 9 goals, 6 assists, 83% passing accuracy.

Vidal: 8, 4, 84%

About the same - sell Pogba like Han said and get far more cash from, and I know few share this view, but the idiotic clubs who overate him.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 30 2015, 11:23 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 30 2015, 10:01 PM) *
Really?

Whole of last season:

Pogba: 9 goals, 6 assists, 83% passing accuracy.

Vidal: 8, 4, 84%

About the same - sell Pogba like Han said and get far more cash from, and I know few share this view, but the idiotic clubs who overate him.

What I meant to say is that Pogba has about 10 years of top football in him, whereas Vidal about 4-5. And Pogba has the potential to become one of the best if not the best box-to-box mid in the world.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 30 2015, 11:34 PM
Post #40

Allievi Nazionali

Whatever I think of his abilities, Han's logic makes more sense. No effing way is Pogba staying at Juve for 10 years.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 30 2015, 11:53 PM
Post #41

Maybe not 10 years, but why not 6-7? Kaká stayed with us for 7 seasons despite many lucrative offers. Same with Sheva.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 31 2015, 12:09 AM
Post #42

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Because things changed. Back then Italy was still the league where all the stuff, all the magic happened. You had great rivalries, you had teams like Milan and Inter spending serious money (for good players), you had the best defenses, the best midfielders, the best coaches. On top of it, Milan always offered a good (if not the best, at that time) shot for CL success. No wonder they stayed.

Now everything changed. Firstly the big money is elsewhere, secondly the big players are elsewhere. What's most important, Juventus reached their maximum last year with a shot to the CL trophy. You think Pogba would be satisfied with playing more "derbies" against the Milans and Inters of our present Serie A? Another "contest" with Roma for the title? Nah, he'll be soon off, off where all players want to be nowadays - Spain or England.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 31 2015, 12:23 AM
Post #43

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 31 2015, 12:09 AM) *
Because things changed. Back then Italy was still the league where all the stuff, all the magic happened. You had great rivalries, you had teams like Milan and Inter spending serious money (for good players), you had the best defenses, the best midfielders, the best coaches. On top of it, Milan always offered a good (if not the best, at that time) shot for CL success. No wonder they stayed.

Now everything changed. Firstly the big money is elsewhere, secondly the big players are elsewhere. What's most important, Juventus reached their maximum last year with a shot to the CL trophy. You think Pogba would be satisfied with playing more "derbies" against the Milans and Inters of our present Serie A? Another "contest" with Roma for the title? Nah, he'll be soon off, off where all players want to be nowadays - Spain or England.

Bingo to infinity and beyond.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 31 2015, 12:52 PM
Post #44

He can wish for the moon, but if Juve say no then he can't do anything about it. Unlike Pirlo and Tevez, Pogba is only 22. The fact that Juve sacrificed Vidal and have been rejecting 100M offers pretty much seals it. And how do you know they won't reach another CL final this year or next year? Besides, England right now is no better than Italy. Just because they spend more on average players means nothing.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 31 2015, 01:33 PM
Post #45

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 31 2015, 12:52 PM) *
He can wish for the moon, but if Juve say no then he can't do anything about it. Unlike Pirlo and Tevez, Pogba is only 22. The fact that Juve sacrificed Vidal and have been rejecting 100M offers pretty much seals it. And how do you know they won't reach another CL final this year or next year? Besides, England right now is no better than Italy. Just because they spend more on average players means nothing.

*cough* Raheem Sterling *cough*

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:54 PM