Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Champions League 2021/2022 Season

Rossoneri7
post Sep 28 2021, 10:37 PM
Post #181

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Okay, as was expected from the draw of this group, it was going to be tough.

Granted Milan showed courage both tonight and against Liverpool, lack of experience cost the team here.

Porto are not gonna turn over easy, even with Milan?s courage. Its gonna take a perfect 180 minutes over the two legs to get 6 points from them.

All in all, its a good group to measure this team with European elite. Been a while for the club too, but baby steps.

Serie A should be the main focus this season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 28 2021, 10:38 PM
Post #182

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 28 2021, 10:34 PM) *
Liverpool 6
Atletico 4
Porto 1
Milan 0

It's difficult now. Winning both games against Porto is not a given. On the contrary, I don't see it happening. And I'd rather end up last then play that useless EL again.

We must hope that both us and Liverpool win the next two games, so then we can play our chances in the last two rounds against them and this horrible Atletico side. But it's gonna be nearly impossible.

I think Liverpool will beat Atletico twice. They're awful

We just need to do our part in the next 2. If we do that we have a chance

And agreed. I'd rather go out last than waste time in the EL.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 28 2021, 10:39 PM
Post #183

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 28 2021, 10:37 PM) *
Okay, as was expected from the draw of this group, it was going to be tough.

Granted Milan showed courage both tonight and against Liverpool, lack of experience cost the team here.

Porto are not gonna turn over easy, even with Milan?s courage. Its gonna take a perfect 180 minutes over the two legs to get 6 points from them.

All in all, its a good group to measure this team with European elite. Been a while for the club too, but baby steps.

Serie A should be the main focus this season.

Tonight had nothing to do with experience and baby steps unfortunately

This game was conditioned by the referee. We put Atletico under big pressure when we were 11 v 11. And were by far the better side imo.

Against Liverpool I'd agree that the occasion overcame us, but tonight was a disgrace

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 29 2021, 08:30 PM
Post #184

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

The night after it still hurts like crazy losing like that. We were going to win it no problem had not both Kessie and Cakir f*cked up.

A few remarks about some players:

Romagnoli - Did well overall, but his mistake on Griezman's goal is unforgivable. Not only he gives Griezman too much space, but doesn't even attempt to intercept the ball, and even turns his body away very awkwardly and cowardly. With his feet also he's really bad. Between him and Tomori there's an abyss.

Bennacer - Probably one of the best games he's ever played for us. Absolutely monstrous in every situation, even attempted to take on the whole Atletico defence by himself at some point. He's back, and with Tonali we have a top class midfield.

Brahim - I love this guy's spirit. He fights like a madman. In some games he doesn't cut it, but when he shows up he's just relentless. Last night he was one of the best on the pitch. Not only much class and character, but also a lot of sacrifice. At some point he went and stole the ball from Kondogbia's feet with sheer force, a guy who's double the size of him.

Leao - He's getting better. Lacks continuity throughout the match, but when he ignites he's unstoppable. Goal was fantastic and if that bicycle kick had gone in... (from the replay he looked onside). He tries difficult things at times and loses the ball awkwardly, but I appreciate the initiative.

Re: our chances of going through. We MUST win both games against Porto. Like, there's no other way. I can't see Atletico making more than 1 point against Liverpool, and by that logic when we face the robbers again we'd be 1 point ahead. It's very, very difficult, but doable. I have faith. These fuckers don't deserve to go through.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Sep 29 2021, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 30 2021, 08:45 AM
Post #185

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 29 2021, 01:39 AM) *
Tonight had nothing to do with experience and baby steps unfortunately

This game was conditioned by the referee. We put Atletico under big pressure when we were 11 v 11. And were by far the better side imo.

Against Liverpool I'd agree that the occasion overcame us, but tonight was a disgrace

Granted the referees mistakes, and that Milan were dominant till the sending off of Kessie on the 30th minute mark approx. Experience would have cushioned the team through out the match. The lack of experience made the team rely on their courage to hold on with one less player, while AM kept subbing in more attacking dynamic into the game to force pressure in the team?s own half.

Imagine you had the experience of Cafu, Stam, Nesta and Maldini at the back along with Seedorf and Gattuso anchoring in midfield. Think the result of 1-0 would have had a higher probability at the final whistle.

In any case, its not nice loosing like this. As Kessie?s sending off reduced the team?s initial game plan.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 30 2021, 02:49 PM
Post #186

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 30 2021, 10:45 AM) *
Granted the referees mistakes, and that Milan were dominant till the sending off of Kessie on the 30th minute mark approx. Experience would have cushioned the team through out the match. The lack of experience made the team rely on their courage to hold on with one less player, while AM kept subbing in more attacking dynamic into the game to force pressure in the team?s own half.

Imagine you had the experience of Cafu, Stam, Nesta and Maldini at the back along with Seedorf and Gattuso anchoring in midfield. Think the result of 1-0 would have had a higher probability at the final whistle.

In any case, its not nice loosing like this. As Kessie?s sending off reduced the team?s initial game plan.

Honestly, I don't know. It was a pretty experienced Milan that got overturned by Liverpool in the CL final in Istanbul no? Football is unpredictable, I wouldn't put certain stamps. Sure, experience is important, I concede that. But, in this match, it had really nothing to do with that. We played an almost perfect game and were fucked over by the referee. But, I'm immensely proud with how the team mentally are doing, and how they fought hard till the last second. The intensity of the team in the big games is beautiful to see.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 30 2021, 03:49 PM
Post #187

I agree. Experience had nothing to with the other night. We simply got f*cked over in any conceivable way. I read that Cakir will be banned by UEFA for some games. Good riddance.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 1 2021, 03:14 PM
Post #188

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 29 2021, 08:30 PM) *
The night after it still hurts like crazy losing like that. We were going to win it no problem had not both Kessie and Cakir f*cked up.

A few remarks about some players:

Romagnoli - Did well overall, but his mistake on Griezman's goal is unforgivable. Not only he gives Griezman too much space, but doesn't even attempt to intercept the ball, and even turns his body away very awkwardly and cowardly. With his feet also he's really bad. Between him and Tomori there's an abyss.

Bennacer - Probably one of the best games he's ever played for us. Absolutely monstrous in every situation, even attempted to take on the whole Atletico defence by himself at some point. He's back, and with Tonali we have a top class midfield.

Brahim - I love this guy's spirit. He fights like a madman. In some games he doesn't cut it, but when he shows up he's just relentless. Last night he was one of the best on the pitch. Not only much class and character, but also a lot of sacrifice. At some point he went and stole the ball from Kondogbia's feet with sheer force, a guy who's double the size of him.

Leao - He's getting better. Lacks continuity throughout the match, but when he ignites he's unstoppable. Goal was fantastic and if that bicycle kick had gone in... (from the replay he looked onside). He tries difficult things at times and loses the ball awkwardly, but I appreciate the initiative.

Re: our chances of going through. We MUST win both games against Porto. Like, there's no other way. I can't see Atletico making more than 1 point against Liverpool, and by that logic when we face the robbers again we'd be 1 point ahead. It's very, very difficult, but doable. I have faith. These fuckers don't deserve to go through.

I needed a couple of days football free to cool off from Tuesday tbh.

Agreed on all your points

Re going through. I still think it all depends on us tbh. Liverpool obviously will have to pull their weight as well and help us out but if we could give Atletico that kind of run around, Liverpool will slaughter them.

Getting 6 points against Porto is the key. If we do that then we can go into that Atletico game full of confidence. And if we win that one as well, then we'll go through.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 30 2021, 08:45 AM) *

Nah, Those players can do nothing against such refereeing. I concede that the team dropped way too deep in the 2nd half and were allowing Atletico more chances. But again, it is understandable with fatigue setting in.

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 7 2021, 09:23 PM
Post #189

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

This post has been edited by William405: Nov 7 2021, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 24 2021, 08:33 PM
Post #190

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Anyone watching the Atletico game tonight?

And is it bad to confess that I hope we lose and get this BS over with?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 24 2021, 10:45 PM
Post #191

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Messias scores!!!

Unbelievable

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 24 2021, 10:47 PM
Post #192

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Should have won twice against these f@ckers!

Let's see if we've just played ourselves into the EL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 24 2021, 10:55 PM
Post #193

So proud of these guys!!! I'm so happy FFS!!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 24 2021, 10:57 PM
Post #194

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 24 2021, 10:55 PM) *
So proud of these guys!!! I'm so happy FFS!!!

I wanted us out. But this does bring emotions long forgotten

Still worried we might end up in the EL after all this...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 24 2021, 10:58 PM
Post #195

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Pioli's changes all very effective. Bakayoko and Ibra changed the game imo

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:23 PM