> Genoa CFC - AC Milan -- 14/09/08, Giornata 2

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 31 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Second Serie A leg, first Milan away match at Luigi Ferraris.

The game will be at 3pm Milan time (2pm UK time, 9am Eastern Daylight Time).

Remember last year?
(IMG:http://images.quickblogcast.com/92912-88346/milan_genoa_tablellone.jpg)

(quick edit to fix date of match)

This post has been edited by Tennie: Sep 11 2008, 09:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

GrinReaper
post Aug 31 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,999

We better win this game. We had a disastrous start today. But we have to win this one to get the morale going and the rhythm started. Kaka's going to be back for this one, right?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 31 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (GrinReaper @ Aug 31 2008, 03:04 PM) *
We better win this game. We had a disastrous start today. But we have to win this one to get the morale going and the rhythm started. Kaka's going to be back for this one, right?

Imo Nesta is more important right now. I'm hoping we get him back for this one

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 31 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 31 2008, 07:38 PM) *
Imo Nesta is more important right now. I'm hoping we get him back for this one

Even last year we won twice against them. This shouldn't be such a hard effort.

Btw. anyone knows who the last team (in Serie A) was to win the scudetto after loosing the opener?

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Aug 31 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

Hopefully Kaka and Nesta are back.

Abbiati
Zambrotta Nesta Bonera Jankulovski
Flamini Pirlo Ambrosini
Kaka Ronaldinho
Pato

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 31 2008, 07:29 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

If we don't win this game.. Carlo needs to be sacked! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 31 2008, 07:49 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2008, 07:29 PM) *
If we don't win this game.. Carlo needs to be sacked! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

It's not as simple as that kurt. I think he made some horrible decisions today regarding the formation but we have our best defender out, who without we basically have no defence, and the team need to find some rythem to playing with eachother. Since we didn't have anytime to test out tactics with the new players I'm afriad the first few games will be a bit of crash course, hopefully things get sorted before the derby...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 31 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Carlo had all of last season to 'get it right', and he didn't. Carlo is very lucky this is the start of the new season and people only see it as "1 bad game", when in reality, Carlo has been putting out a poor team with poor tactics for about the last 40.

He won't be sacked until the end of the season, and even then he won't be sacked as it's more likely he'll leave. But we need a change of idea for sure.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 31 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #9

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Of course, that's wishful thinking, Kurt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Carlo? Sacked? Middle of the season? Don't quite think so. If things don't work out, he'll honorably leave at the end of the season. We don't throw away our players, let alone coaches.

But damn, is he lucky, or what? With the management at least. If I had half his luck, I'd be Bill Gates.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Aug 31 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #10

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 1 2008, 03:28 AM) *
But damn, is he lucky, or what? With the management at least. If I had half his luck, I'd be Bill Gates.

Are you implying that our management is plain moron? Cuz if you are, then I'll give you a +1.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 31 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 31 2008, 09:28 PM) *
Of course, that's wishful thinking, Kurt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Carlo? Sacked? Middle of the season? Don't quite think so. If things don't work out, he'll honorably leave at the end of the season. We don't throw away our players, let alone coaches.

I think Kurt's actually right. Silvio will sack Carlo if neccessary, even after let's say 4 or 5 matches. Don't forget that he has Donadoni and Rijkaard both just waiting for the green light. That's also the main reason I won't be happy the day Carletto leaves (besides the fact that I do love him.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) )

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 31 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 31 2008, 07:33 PM) *
I think Kurt's actually right. Silvio will sack Carlo if neccessary, even after let's say 4 or 5 matches. Don't forget that he has Donadoni and Rijkaard both just waiting for the green light. That's also the main reason I won't be happy the day Carletto leaves (besides the fact that I do love him.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) )

That's a scary thought.

Still p!ssed we missed out on Mourinho just by a season... If he were to have been available a season later, there is no doubt that he would have chosen Milan over Inter given the chance

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 31 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #13

Berretti

QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 1 2008, 12:31 AM) *
Are you implying that our management is plain moron? Cuz if you are, then I'll give you a +1.

Why thank you, please send over the +1. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Not very much, but I like the man. Carlo Ancelotti. But that doesn't hide the fact that he finished 4th and 5th in the league consecutively. That's certainly not acceptable for a club like Milan, and when we pay millions every year to Carlo. Our management can be a bit blind sometimes, but they're seeing through things now.

And I certainly hope Carlo is too. He'll know when it's time to move on. He isn't stupid. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) But I wish he delivers a couple of titles before he leaves, and we get someone new at the top.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 1 2008, 12:33 AM) *
I think Kurt's actually right. Silvio will sack Carlo if neccessary, even after let's say 4 or 5 matches. Don't forget that he has Donadoni and Rijkaard both just waiting for the green light. That's also the main reason I won't be happy the day Carletto leaves (besides the fact that I do love him..)

Yeah, I know Fillipo you love the guy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) But he just isn't performing. I mean you can't beat a Serie B club at home? The first match of the season? Fresh players, and everything. Dropping all three points? It were these three points that came back and bit us in the back. Two points did, as a matter of fact.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2008, 01:09 AM) *
Still p!ssed we missed out on Mourinho just by a season... If he were to have been available a season later, there is no doubt that he would have chosen Milan over Inter given the chance

Relax. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) We can always try and get that douche bag Gullit over. He speaks too much, but was a good player in his time, and maybe could fit in the Milan system at the very least as well as Mourinho.

But I hope we can try someone like um, Leonardo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) And Baresi, of course, when he's ready. But Leo wouldn't be that bad, now, would he? Don't know his coaching credentials and tactics, but he's be one I'd like to see either get Galliani's job. Or Carlo's, for that matter.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 31 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #14

Berretti

Oh, and super pic, Fillipo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) I remember that match very well. My prediction for this one? Any will do, as long as we win. Thank you.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 31 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 31 2008, 10:33 PM) *
Oh, and super pic, Fillipo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) I remember that match very well. My prediction for this one? Any will do, as long as we win. Thank you.

Thanx (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

We'll win this one for sure..

+Quote Post

50 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:07 PM