> Serie A - Week 25 - Roma - Milan, Date: 25/04/14 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Apr 22 2014, 01:56 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Pretty much decides our fate for this season. Even though others mentioned that we'd sill get into the EL qualifiers if we come in 6th, I really want to see us finishing ahead of Inter. And we need to snatch at least a point here to do that

I'm really hoping Seedorf will play Bonera at LB for this one. Constant against Roma is just asking for it, but it's pointless to even hope for it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 22 2014, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I think so as well. Seedorf is too 'fair a coach'. Constant based on last game's performance demands a start.

De Jong will miss the next match due to yellow card accumulation I think. I guess we will see Muntari in the midfield next to Montolivo. Worries me a bit. Those two haven't played much together.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 22 2014, 03:55 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Any points picked up in this one are a bonus. EL spot is dependant on beating Atalanta and Sassuolo. We must get the 6 points there and simply hope Parma and Inter drop some. But given we've won 5 in a row since I bought my famous lucky Milan top, quite possible we'll win on Friday. But I reiterate - anything picked up v Roma and Inter are a bonus. I believe Sass and Ata wins will secure EL. Preferably 5th. To avoid qualifying.

PS Jack, what bad misfortune ever surfaced when I mention my lucky top? I've mentioned it 5 matches in a row and we've won 5 in a row. What did you mean? Forgot to reply before.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 22 2014, 07:24 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 22 2014, 03:55 PM) *
Any points picked up in this one are a bonus. EL spot is dependant on beating Atalanta and Sassuolo. We must get the 6 points there and simply hope Parma and Inter drop some. But given we've won 5 in a row since I bought my famous lucky Milan top, quite possible we'll win on Friday. But I reiterate - anything picked up v Roma and Inter are a bonus. I believe Sass and Ata wins will secure EL. Preferably 5th. To avoid qualifying.

PS Jack, what bad misfortune ever surfaced when I mention my lucky top? I've mentioned it 5 matches in a row and we've won 5 in a row. What did you mean? Forgot to reply before.

Do you know for sure that the 6th place gives you access to EL qualifiers? I've just heard this yesterday on this forum but don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere else before hand

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 22 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #5

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 22 2014, 07:24 PM) *
Do you know for sure that the 6th place gives you access to EL qualifiers? I've just heard this yesterday on this forum but don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere else before hand

Yes, it does. I've read it on Mediaset.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 22 2014, 09:21 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 22 2014, 08:43 PM) *
Yes, it does. I've read it on Mediaset.

Ok, thanks x-off

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 23 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #7

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 23 2014, 12:24 AM) *

Boy, you really don't trust me, do you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Why on God's green earth would Italy have 2 Europa League places? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I mean, just why, oh why? This has been the case for eons now, you finish fifth, you qualify direct. Finish sixth, you enter the third-qualifying round for the Europa League. Which admittedly is scary, with unknown small teams, and all that.

Better make it fifth, we really should. Go direct, or go home!

This post has been edited by acid911: Apr 23 2014, 12:04 AM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 23 2014, 01:49 AM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 22 2014, 06:24 PM) *

As the others have confirmed, indeed it does. It's a banana skin for sure, but I am of the conviction the 6 remaining points v the two 'lesser' teams will secure us fifth place. That said, we've done so well recently (with my lucky top in tow) that there's even optimism we could get some joy in Rome.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 23 2014, 10:09 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

So you kept mentioning you were wearing a top. The moment you anoint it as your lucky top and publicise instead of keeping it a secret, the luck starts to wear off.

I have my own secret rituals I've been following and I'll be damned before I reveal them to you.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 23 2014, 03:55 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Ignore

This post has been edited by Danny: Apr 23 2014, 04:07 PM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 23 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 23 2014, 09:09 AM) *
So you kept mentioning you were wearing a top. The moment you anoint it as your lucky top and publicise instead of keeping it a secret, the luck starts to wear off.

Which part of it not wearing off after 5 matches have you conveniently ignored?

I have my own secret rituals I've been following and I'll be damned before I reveal them to you.

They must be new. You stopped watching us for 6 months.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Apr 23 2014, 10:50 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 23 2014, 01:03 AM) *
Boy, you really don't trust me, do you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Why on God's green earth would Italy have 2 Europa League places? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I mean, just why, oh why? This has been the case for eons now, you finish fifth, you qualify direct. Finish sixth, you enter the third-qualifying round for the Europa League. Which admittedly is scary, with unknown small teams, and all that.

Better make it fifth, we really should. Go direct, or go home!

Under normal circumstances 6th place does not guarantee an EL spot, as one spot is reserved to the Coppa Italia winner or runner-up. In this case both winner and runner-up are comfortably ahead of us, so 6th place is good enough. The problem with 6th place is that we need to play against some other team, which means we cannot go on tour in the US (which I believe is ~3M revenue).

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 23 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #13

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Apr 24 2014, 03:50 AM) *
Under normal circumstances 6th place does not guarantee an EL spot, as one spot is reserved to the Coppa Italia winner or runner-up. In this case both winner and runner-up are comfortably ahead of us, so 6th place is good enough. The problem with 6th place is that we need to play against some other team, which means we cannot go on tour in the US (which I believe is ~3M revenue).

True, and we also have to keep an eye out for Parma. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Our head to head against them is abysmal, we lost 3-2 there and 2-4 at home. Roberto Donadoni has done a splendid job with them. But anyway, if we end up at equal points with them, they are the ones that will go to Europe.

Currently both teams are at 51 points, +9 goal difference, 53 goals scored, 44 conceded. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) For this reason alone, I'd feel much more comfortable if we won against Roma and Inter. Both.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Apr 24 2014, 01:43 AM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 23 2014, 07:25 PM) *
True, and we also have to keep an eye out for Parma. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Our head to head against them is abysmal, we lost 3-2 there and 2-4 at home. Roberto Donadoni has done a splendid job with them. But anyway, if we end up at equal points with them, they are the ones that will go to Europe.

Currently both teams are at 51 points, +9 goal difference, 53 goals scored, 44 conceded. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) For this reason alone, I'd feel much more comfortable if we won against Roma and Inter. Both.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) how controversial

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 24 2014, 06:12 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 23 2014, 10:38 PM) *
Which part of it not wearing off after 5 matches have you conveniently ignored?

They must be new. You stopped watching us for 6 months.

It's my silly superstition that if one tells others what one's lucky charm is, it starts to wear off. I blame it on the evil eye that they put on it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

You're right. I used to follow those rituals and then I stopped. Now I've started them again and they work. Even though they put me under some inconvenience at times.

Regarding our two tough games against Inter and Roma, for me - if we win them both, there is no question Seedorf is the man for next season.

Beating Roma might even get us the little fillip we need to build serious confidence going to the cugini.

But Roma hate us, and will do all they can to beat us.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:01 PM