William405
post Jan 19 2021, 11:58 PM
Post #916

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 19 2021, 11:50 PM) *
Tomori looks like a done deal.

Excellent. So that's one reinforcement CB, CM and striker. Mandzukic for sure is another stop gap solution for Ibra. But, I'm sure he can also be a beast on the wings. He'll be very useful for this year and a half. Meite seems to be a good reliable CM. Anything and not Krunic, right? But, seriously, given the right conditions, maybe he can finally realize his potential. And finally Tomori, perhaps the most exciting prospect for this window. I can't wait to see what this guy has to offer.

I don't see us signing anyone else. One last thing, big props to Maldini, all of these signings are with favourable conditions for us. (Options to buy and the Mandzukic renewal)

This post has been edited by William405: Jan 19 2021, 11:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jan 20 2021, 02:44 AM
Post #917

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 20 2021, 12:58 AM) *
Excellent. So that's one reinforcement CB, CM and striker. Mandzukic for sure is another stop gap solution for Ibra. But, I'm sure he can also be a beast on the wings. He'll be very useful for this year and a half. Meite seems to be a good reliable CM. Anything and not Krunic, right? But, seriously, given the right conditions, maybe he can finally realize his potential. And finally Tomori, perhaps the most exciting prospect for this window. I can't wait to see what this guy has to offer.

I don't see us signing anyone else. One last thing, big props to Maldini, all of these signings are with favourable conditions for us. (Options to buy and the Mandzukic renewal)

I agree. Good mercato, more than what I expected. And there may be 1-2 more signings in the works. I think these moves indicate that there is ambition for more than just 4th place.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jan 20 2021, 02:53 AM
Post #918

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 20 2021, 12:04 AM) *
Answering a question with a question, hah? Well... the fact that we signed Gazidis, that he openly tries to emulate the Arsenal model, the fact that we're still far from being financially in green. The official statement may be suggesting that but I think "bringing Milan back to the top" means exactly that - functioning like Dortmund or Arsenal in the Gazidis years.

And I disagree. I think we're most certainly concentrating on cheaper youngsters, we'll try to rise their value and then sell for profit.

I do not see things as black and white :-). I think we will sell some of our players (for profit), but I do not necessarily see us following the Arsenal model. If we build a team with multiple good players, we can still be competitive even if we sell some (as long as we have good coverage for those who leave). Also, the approach of getting players on loan is helpful in this regard. For example, if Tomori really works out for us, I can see us selling Roma (if he does not, we do not exercise the option).

IMHO, you cannot equate Gazidis with Arsenal, hard to tell what decisions he was making vs. what directives he was given. And with all the hate that Gazidis gets, after his departure Arsenal "improved" from 4th to 10th.

Also, if we were just aiming for 4th place, I am not sure we would have made as many moves as we have in the winter mercato.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 20 2021, 11:35 AM
Post #919

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 19 2021, 09:55 PM) *
On what basis do you think the contrary will happen? The official statement has always been to bring Milan back to the top of European clubs.

We will sell Theo and Donna if a club comes and offers them 10M per season and us 70-80M euros. There's no escaping that, because we can't afford those wages and we can't close an eye to that much money. But it's not that we're signing youngsters in order to sell them in the future for cash. They are two entirely different things.

You just said what me and Fillipo have been saying though. If big money offers come in we'll consider them. No one is unsellable. That has been my whole point this entire conversation

I made a point of mentioning Dortmund, but I did not mention Arsenal for a reason. Dortmund are a perfect example of doing this well, Arsenal are not. Leipzig are another good example, and it is why we were after their mastermind last season. This is not coincidence.

I think our model will be to continually look for highly talented players who can have a high selling value. This is why we got Tonali when we already had Kessie and Bennacer. It's why we did not insist on Bakayoko, his value is already pretty low now, he'll be pretty much worthless in a few years. While on the other hand, Kessie, Bennacer and Tonali are all in their early 20s. If a huge offer for one of them comes in, we take it and have a ready-made alternative. Same goes with why we're looking at young talents for the LB position and not someone established.

My point has always been that we're not going to refuse big offers like we did under Berlu before things started going south and he used Milan for political gain. So he let negotiations start and then would come in to save the day and say we're keeping Sheva or Kaka or whoever.

And we're not going to make big signings either

If Tomori has a 29m option, and he has a successful time with us, they'll take it. Simply because they know that he could be sold for more than double that back to England in 2 year's time. That's just good business. Same with Leao, there is a reason why they deemed it acceptable to spend nearly 30m on him as well. Moncada obviously believed that he would be worth much more down the line

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 20 2021, 01:57 PM
Post #920

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Juventus got Pogba for free and sold him for 105M four years later.

They also got Coman for free and sold him for 30M.

They signed Vidal for 12M and sold him for 40M.

By your logic, you're saying that Juventus are a selling club. But that's not that case. The case is that if big offers arrive, any club will consider them, especially in Italy where the financial power is way inferior to that of other major leagues.

We're building a team to become competitive again. We don't have the possibility to sign big names for big bucks, so we go mainly after young prospects. If in the future PSG or City or Madrid or Bayern or whoever comes knocking and offers 60-70M for one of our players, it's only logical to consider it. That's all there is to it.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jan 20 2021, 04:23 PM
Post #921

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 20 2021, 02:57 PM) *
Juventus got Pogba for free and sold him for 105M four years later.

They also got Coman for free and sold him for 30M.

They signed Vidal for 12M and sold him for 40M.

By your logic, you're saying that Juventus are a selling club. But that's not that case. The case is that if big offers arrive, any club will consider them, especially in Italy where the financial power is way inferior to that of other major leagues.

We're building a team to become competitive again. We don't have the possibility to sign big names for big bucks, so we go mainly after young prospects. If in the future PSG or City or Madrid or Bayern or whoever comes knocking and offers 60-70M for one of our players, it's only logical to consider it. That's all there is to it.

Indeed. Do not forget Zidane (Juve rebuilt that squad with that sale). I could argue the reluctance to sell players contributed to B&G's Milan downfall.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 20 2021, 04:26 PM
Post #922

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 19 2021, 11:04 PM) *
I see you're well informed regarding our NR (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thank you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 21 2021, 01:33 PM
Post #923

We've signed Tomori on loan with right of purchase at a little above 20M. The player should arrive in Milan between today and tomorrow, could even be available for the Atalanta game.

Conti is officially a Parma player, on loan with obbligation to buy if certain conditions are met (I'm assuming if Parma don't get relegated).

The Tomori deal looks great. 20M against the 30M Chelsea were asking initially. Some scout I follow on YouTube says he's better than Simakan.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jan 21 2021, 05:44 PM
Post #924

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 21 2021, 02:33 PM) *
We've signed Tomori on loan with right of purchase at a little above 20M. The player should arrive in Milan between today and tomorrow, could even be available for the Atalanta game.

Conti is officially a Parma player, on loan with obbligation to buy if certain conditions are met (I'm assuming if Parma don't get relegated).

The Tomori deal looks great. 20M against the 30M Chelsea were asking initially. Some scout I follow on YouTube says he's better than Simakan.

Have not seen an official communication on Tomori. Daniele Longo claims it is a done deal (and Longo is "well connected" and generally reliable). Nothing on NonEvoluto.

Have not heard that we got the option down to 20M. If we have, it is indeed very, very good.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 21 2021, 08:53 PM
Post #925

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jan 21 2021, 05:44 PM) *
Have not seen an official communication on Tomori. Daniele Longo claims it is a done deal (and Longo is "well connected" and generally reliable). Nothing on NonEvoluto.

Have not heard that we got the option down to 20M. If we have, it is indeed very, very good.

No official confirmation yet but it is a done deal.

https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/merca...0-202102a.shtml

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 21 2021, 09:50 PM
Post #926

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Not sure if mentioned but Conti sold to Parma official.

Shame, I liked him a lot.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 21 2021, 09:58 PM
Post #927

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 21 2021, 08:53 PM) *
No official confirmation yet but it is a done deal.

https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/merca...0-202102a.shtml

The option will be 25m which is pretty good. If he turns out good we'll probably keep him at that price

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 21 2021, 09:50 PM) *
Not sure if mentioned but Conti sold to Parma official.

Shame, I liked him a lot.

Meh, never lived up to any of the promise he showed at Atalanta

It's funny how things work out. During the summer, it was almost expected that we would sell Calabria and keep Conti. I always said I prefer Calabria but that the club would probably sell him ahead of Conti since he's a youth product so it's a 100% profit on him.

However, the way Calabria has come out this season just proves how players are sometimes counted out too quickly. He's become arguably one of the best RBs in the league and wholly deserves the new improved contract he's about to get.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 21 2021, 10:17 PM
Post #928

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 21 2021, 09:58 PM) *
The option will be 25m which is pretty good. If he turns out good we'll probably keep him at that price

Around 22M I read.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jan 21 2021, 11:53 PM
Post #929

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 21 2021, 11:17 PM) *
Around 22M I read.

There seems to be some confusion around this. I believe it is 22M GBP, not EUR.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jan 21 2021, 11:54 PM
Post #930

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 21 2021, 10:58 PM) *

Meh, never lived up to any of the promise he showed at Atalanta

It's funny how things work out. During the summer, it was almost expected that we would sell Calabria and keep Conti. I always said I prefer Calabria but that the club would probably sell him ahead of Conti since he's a youth product so it's a 100% profit on him.

However, the way Calabria has come out this season just proves how players are sometimes counted out too quickly. He's become arguably one of the best RBs in the league and wholly deserves the new improved contract he's about to get.

I think injuries doomed Conti. He had lots of potential, but at this point we cannot count on him. Bottom line, it is a good move.

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:29 AM