Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2019

Forza Milan!
post Dec 12 2020, 04:40 AM
Post #751

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

Winter mercato coming up. Hoping for a couple of upgrades and some more depth. Here is what I think:

GK

We need to renew Donna, even if it costs us. Tata messed up big way against Roma, but kind of redeemed himself yesterday in EL.

Defense

LB and RB are not a priority right now (that may change this Summer)

Biggest problem is CB. Not depth (CBs tend to play more than other roles, Gabbia is reasonable, and Kalulu may be another option). Rather, we need an upgrade. Roma and Kjaer are good. However, our CBs are slow, and given our high pressing games this leaves exposed. We are lucky we have Kessie to cover. Which leads me to ...

Midfield

We badly need a vice-Kessie. Tonali is stepping up nicely as a vice-Benna, but we need someone to give Kessie a rest. This role takes a lot out of players, and Krunic is not up to the task.

Need someone to replace Hakan should he leave (or to put pressure on him to improve should he stay). He had a few unimpressive years followed by several good months. However, his performance in the last several games has not been all that great, certainly not enough to justify the money he is asking.

Attack

Not sure if we need a vice-Ibra right away, given that Leao is playing that role (and Rebic can cover as well if needed). Maybe this summer?

RW upgrade, perhaps? Salad and Samu are ok defensively but not producing much.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 12 2020, 02:13 PM
Post #752

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

@FM

GK

From what I read and hear, Donna's renewal shouldn't be a problem. Also, yes, forgot to mention this in the other thread but Tatarusanu had a great game against Sparta and certainly redeemed himself.

Defense

Yep, we need a good alternative for Kjaer and Romagnoli. Hopefully we can get Kabak.

Midfield

Krunic needs to be let go, and yes we need another option in central midfield. Pretty sure we can get someone reliable on the cheap or loan who won't mind warming the bench.

As for replacing Hakan, should he leave that will get us in big trouble. Don't think Brahim is the right solution. We need to get creative and start scouting. Shame Paqueta didn't turn out the promise we all thought he'd be.

Attack

Don't think we'll get anyone for the time being with Leao and Rebic as alternatives.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Dec 12 2020, 05:28 PM
Post #753

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 12 2020, 03:13 PM) *
@FM

GK

From what I read and hear, Donna's renewal shouldn't be a problem. Also, yes, forgot to mention this in the other thread but Tatarusanu had a great game against Sparta and certainly redeemed himself.

Defense

Yep, we need a good alternative for Kjaer and Romagnoli. Hopefully we can get Kabak.

Midfield

Krunic needs to be let go, and yes we need another option in central midfield. Pretty sure we can get someone reliable on the cheap or loan who won't mind warming the bench.

As for replacing Hakan, should he leave that will get us in big trouble. Don't think Brahim is the right solution. We need to get creative and start scouting. Shame Paqueta didn't turn out the promise we all thought he'd be.

Attack

Don't think we'll get anyone for the time being with Leao and Rebic as alternatives.

Yup, I would be happy with a CB upgrade (Kabak or someone similar) and a vice-Kessie. And a Hakan replacement if we need one.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 12 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #754

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Agreed.

CB, CM and ST for me are the priorities.

CB for sure we need someone who's fast and physical but he can't be some brainless sprinter. I don't think Kabak is that though, don't think he's that fast or physical.

At CM we definitely need someone to cover Kessie. I don't know who that could be though. It has to be someone with a very specific skillset not just any rando imo. Lille have some very interesting players in this regard. I hope the management team is looking for someone in this position rather than just CBs

Regarding the CF position, I think it's absolutely necessary that we sign a vice Zlatan. It seems like Pioli doesn't trust Leao upfront and Rebic is a waste playing there. Mandzukic is a free agent, I say go for him and we push for Belotti in the summer

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Dec 13 2020, 02:38 AM
Post #755

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 12 2020, 07:16 PM) *
Agreed.

CB, CM and ST for me are the priorities.

CB for sure we need someone who's fast and physical but he can't be some brainless sprinter. I don't think Kabak is that though, don't think he's that fast or physical.

At CM we definitely need someone to cover Kessie. I don't know who that could be though. It has to be someone with a very specific skillset not just any rando imo. Lille have some very interesting players in this regard. I hope the management team is looking for someone in this position rather than just CBs

Regarding the CF position, I think it's absolutely necessary that we sign a vice Zlatan. It seems like Pioli doesn't trust Leao upfront and Rebic is a waste playing there. Mandzukic is a free agent, I say go for him and we push for Belotti in the summer

CB is tough. I agree, we need smart, fast, tough, probably tall ... and not too expensive. Not easy.

CM is tough because we want someone good (similar characteristics and Kessie) but willing to be a rotational player. This player will get plenty of minutes, but I would expect Kessie to remain primary in this role.

I agree we need a CF, but to me this is lower priority right now (though we will absolutely need this by summer). But we are back to the same problem. We need someone that can take over for Ibra and do so effectively ... but who is also willing to be in his shadow for some time.

So if it comes down to choices, I would rather nail (really nail) the first two and give up on the CF, rather than end up with three marginal choices. Now if we can get all three I would be elated.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Dec 13 2020, 02:40 AM
Post #756

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Crazy rumor floating around that if we win the Scudetto Elliot will "gift us" with Haaland.

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 13 2020, 12:10 PM
Post #757

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Dec 13 2020, 04:40 AM) *
Crazy rumor floating around that if we win the Scudetto Elliot will "gift us" with Haaland.

That's a big IF

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 13 2020, 01:42 PM
Post #758

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Dec 13 2020, 02:40 AM) *

I don't think Haaland is affordable for any Italian club, let alone us.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 13 2020, 01:45 PM
Post #759

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Dec 13 2020, 02:40 AM) *

Is this the source of the rumor?

If so, I could come up with something more credible.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Dec 13 2020, 08:39 PM
Post #760

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 13 2020, 02:45 PM) *

Not sure. I got it indirectly. I did say *crazy* rumor.

EDIT: what I have seen specifically mentioned Elliot, but may come from the same source.

This post has been edited by Forza Milan!: Dec 13 2020, 08:41 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 14 2020, 06:41 AM
Post #761

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

There is most definitely a defender coming in this winter, other than that don't think we have much chance for anyone else.

Especially given the financial handicap the club is in, regardless of table position.

However, if the team does secure CL at the end of the season, then there is a huge chance we could see a top player at the club playing upfront. Or better yet a Cala replacement, as he seems ready to leave.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Dec 14 2020, 03:11 PM
Post #762

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 14 2020, 07:41 AM) *
There is most definitely a defender coming in this winter, other than that don't think we have much chance for anyone else.

Especially given the financial handicap the club is in, regardless of table position.

However, if the team does secure CL at the end of the season, then there is a huge chance we could see a top player at the club playing upfront. Or better yet a Cala replacement, as he seems ready to leave.

I am kind of hoping Kalulu could develop in a good defender, so I am starting to think that vice-Kessie is more urgent. We probably need both. But I do understand financial reality.

I believe Calha replacement (or backup), vice-Ibra, and maybe vice-Theo will have to wait until the Summer.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 15 2020, 02:55 AM
Post #763

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 13 2020, 01:45 PM) *

Indeed, SempreMilan is a complete joke of a site. Its content is horrific.

That all said, Haaland is literally the world's best striker now, and makes the sport look ridiculously easy.

He will cost easily beyond ?250M. No one will be able to afford him.

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 15 2020, 12:06 PM
Post #764

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Dec 14 2020, 05:11 PM) *
I am kind of hoping Kalulu could develop in a good defender, so I am starting to think that vice-Kessie is more urgent. We probably need both. But I do understand financial reality.

I believe Calha replacement (or backup), vice-Ibra, and maybe vice-Theo will have to wait until the Summer.

I thought Kalulu was pretty good! He had that physicality that we lacked in the game. He didn't do a step wrong except on that goal situation against Gervinho, but anyone could have fallen to that tricky player.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 20 2020, 05:26 PM
Post #765

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 14 2020, 06:41 AM) *

We absolutely need a DM as well.

The fact that we'll most likely have to play with Krunic against Lazio says enough re the emergent situation in that position. If something happens to Kessie long-term as well we are well and truly f'd

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:16 AM