Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winter Transfers 2015

X-Offender
post Nov 20 2014, 12:16 PM
Post #136

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

We're interested in Okaka for January. Our offer is Pazzini + cash.

Link

I think Okaka is a very talented striker. Would be a good deal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 20 2014, 01:31 PM
Post #137

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Wow he's only 25? Felt like he was playing for Roma a long time ago. I like him, would depend how much cash they want though.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 20 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #138

Yeah, he debuted with Roma when he was only 16. To be honest, I've always rated him, even when he was playing for Bari. But somehow he never managed to make that big leap forward. Now I think he's ready.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Nov 20 2014, 03:18 PM
Post #139

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

If we are going to be dealing with Samp, I would much prefer to try and snatch Gabbiadini. He is left footed, and he could play on the right, and use that left foot to cut inside.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 20 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #140

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Nov 20 2014, 03:18 PM) *
If we are going to be dealing with Samp, I would much prefer to try and snatch Gabbiadini. He is left footed, and he could play on the right, and use that left foot to cut inside.

I personally don't rate him that much.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 20 2014, 11:55 PM
Post #141

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I am now cynical about any player we're interested in. For the simple reason that they can't be that good if they want to come to us.

Our stock is worse now than it was during the summer window.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 21 2014, 01:37 AM
Post #142

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 20 2014, 02:16 PM) *
We're interested in Okaka for January. Our offer is Pazzini + cash.

Link

I think Okaka is a very talented striker. Would be a good deal.

25 years, never managed to score more then 7 goals. Didn't cut it with Roma, most probably wouldn't with us too. I don't think it would be a good investment.

What's that about Sneijder? Is he really on our radar or was it just a rumor that went cold?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 21 2014, 10:11 AM
Post #143

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Okaka is just a big lumbering player, he might work for the smaller clubs who punt the ball at him and he bullies his way through but I can't really see him doing it for the big clubs

That being said, Pazzo seems to be finished so if the cash sum is not too steep I'd swap him with Pazzo and that cash

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 22 2014, 12:23 AM
Post #144

Primavera
Group Icon

But what's the point really. Look at the strikers that recently failed at Milan: Torres (?), Pazzini, Matri. All prima punta strikers who are not compatible with the way we play. And if it's one thing I don't want for us to change, it's the fact that we still didn't transform in a small - one man - team.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 22 2014, 01:45 AM
Post #145

Are you implying that we don't need a prima punta, at all? Matri failed because he sucks. Pazzini is mediocre. Torres is past his prime. It's not like all these players you mentioned have a common attribute that made them fail. They're just not good enough. Bring in someone like Diego Costa or Cavani and you'll see how much better they'll perform.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Nov 22 2014, 01:46 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 22 2014, 09:17 AM
Post #146

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 22 2014, 01:45 AM) *
Are you implying that we don't need a prima punta, at all? Matri failed because he sucks. Pazzini is mediocre. Torres is past his prime. It's not like all these players you mentioned have a common attribute that made them fail. They're just not good enough. Bring in someone like Diego Costa or Cavani and you'll see how much better they'll perform.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that. Cavani and Diego Costa are top notch players but they're rarely going to create for you.

The foundation of this problem is that we want to rely on a striker to do everything when our midfield is pure sh!t and it's the problem, not the strikers.

The only type of striker that could in any way shape or form improve us and still be prolific himself is Ibra or someone in that kind of mould. A Prima Punta, no matter how great he is relies on the service of others, and that's why they'll continue to fail with this team we have.

I think Matri is mediocre, but give him service and he'll hit an average amount of goals for you each year (like he did at Juve), he had none with us. I'm personally still shocked that Pazzo managed to look good with us during his first season as we just don't create good enough chances, especially when you have a player like him that lives off of those chances created by others.

I'm not saying we don't have any issues in attack, far from it. But I do think that we're seeing this kind of struggle because Torres barely has any bread crumbs to live off of. We're using the long ball on him and using him like a target man, that's how desperate and uncreative our midfield is atm. I still believe Torres can be half decent with us, but it won't happen until he actually gets any chances. He works hard during the game, I can see that, constantly making runs and trying to fight for the ball but it's pointless for him to make those runs if no one is capable of spotting him and making the through pass for him

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 22 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #147

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Agreed with that.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 22 2014, 03:04 PM
Post #148

Primavera
Group Icon

Yep, agreed here as well.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 22 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #149

I don't. Top class CFs can score even without service.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 23 2014, 12:04 AM
Post #150

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 22 2014, 10:00 PM) *
I don't. Top class CFs can score even without service.

Ibrahimovic is a screamer of an example. As was Torres in his heyday. People forget how sh*t that Liverpool actually was, 2005 aside.

But I also take Han's point about midfield service. Fact is Torres ISN'T a top class CF now, and needs help.

We all have an idea of what the ultimate (current) Milan team would line up as: De Jong, MvG, Bonaventura, Monto. 3 of those 4. Menez and SES flanking Torres as a 3 striker prong. There would be service there.

But we're stuck with Essien, Muntari and Honda so basically, what's the point in whining. Pippo's gonna do what Pippo's gonna do.

+Quote Post

39 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:18 PM