han2503
post Nov 8 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #121

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2014, 03:08 PM) *
Bottom line is, any which way you look, we have 1) a tactical problem and 2) a midfield problem.

I just know that Muntari isn't completely useless, he does add something positive to our gameplan. Yet, the negatives outweigh the positives and he can't be considered a starter. Yet, Poli can't be either. Saponara as well. And soon we're reduced to van Ginkel being our "sure thing" and "hope".

I personally do not see a single positive that Muntari brings to our game aside from the occasional long distance goal, and that's never enough to justify his current status in the team.

He is useless because he is the liability that you also acknowledge that he is, he's also a tactical nightmare to have in midfield unless he's played in a position where he's shackled into it and isn't able to free roam like he does currently.

The only time during his stay at Milan that I've actually said: "huh, Muntari did okay today if not very good even" is when Seedorf played him in a double pivot in a game or 2 when De Jong was unavailable.

But in our current system there simple shouldn't be any room for him unless it's to sub De Jong.

Aside from Poli, we also have Bonaventura who has always played well so far when given the opportunity aside from the first half against Cagliari where he was mostly MIA rather than bad. So yeah, for me the midfield pecking order right now has to be; De Jong, Bonaventura, Van Ginkel, Poli, Muntari and Essien. Until Monto is fit again.

And I agree, the personnel problem is only part of it, the other is a huge tactical one that I don't think Pippo has any clue as to how to fix. But my point has always been don't exacerbate the tactical shortcomings by piling on even more cr@p onto yourself and playing liabilities like Muntari and Bonera to add even more to your headaches. And Pippo has so far done this in spades
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 8 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #122

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2014, 06:08 PM) *
Bottom line is, any which way you look, we have 1) a tactical problem and 2) a midfield problem.

I just know that Muntari isn't completely useless, he does add something positive to our gameplan. Yet, the negatives outweigh the positives and he can't be considered a starter. Yet, Poli can't be either. Saponara as well. And soon we're reduced to van Ginkel being our "sure thing" and "hope".

Its a lost cause mate .. Even Ancelotti was criticized for playing Gattuso/Broochi/Emerson.

Maybe thr fifa games know more than our coaches.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 11 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #123

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

"There is no agreement with AC Milan. It is certainly a possibility, but for now, nothing more," Juame Serra (Suso's agent) told CalcioMercato.it.

"Rather, Liverpool are pushing for a renewal, so we can't rule them out."

Suso remains on our radar - seems he's stuck between two fallen giants and can't find a better gig elsewhere.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 13 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #124

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Armero: "I didn't ask to come to Milan. I wanted to play in a team where I would play as a protagonist. Inzaghi called me and offered me a starting position, that's why I accepted. However, I have barely played and the situation is very difficult"

Link

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 14 2014, 01:04 AM
Post #125

Allievi Nazionali

I am so disappointed for Armero. Sure, I didn't see why we were signing him but Pippo has pretty much lied to him.

His treatment of he and MvG has been shocking tbh.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 14 2014, 01:48 AM
Post #126

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 14 2014, 06:04 AM) *
His treatment of he and MvG has been shocking tbh.

Not quite. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) I kind of expected this, to be honest. You can always, from new coaches, as they have unproven man management skills. One of the reasons why I just don't rate the profession. Apparently Maldini doesn't either. Too much politics, far too much politics.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 16 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #127

Allievi Nazionali

When I said 'shocking' I meant 'unnacceptable' as opposed to 'unpredictable'.

In this case though I'd argue for both given how well-respected and brilliantly he did with Primavera.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 16 2014, 04:18 PM
Post #128

Berretti

I got that vibe, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Unacceptable, more than shocking. That ties into my reply, you need to be a real top coach to tread these waters, bringing the best out of players, playing the best ones, and not letting politics and personal bias and favorites to creep into your selection. Seedorf was a hot potato in this regard, so is Inzaghi.

Ironic, considering what Allegri put him through. You give respect to earn it, and frankly, we haven't had a nice guy coach in eons. Ancelotti had that mean streak in him, and all our coaches since then, including Leonardo had it too. Maybe it's got to do with the culture we have in place, or just petty personal politics.

But hey, their funeral, I mean, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) You do well, you'll stay, if not, the volatile environment of this current AC Milan will automatically push you out. The only real constant we have is Mr. B. And he's not much a constant. Galliani,, the coaches, the players, everyone else is on shaky grounds.

It's the start of the season, still, but I'm already prepared for some wild changes.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 16 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #129

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Think acid, its more to do with expectations here than anything else.

Milan is a club with a glorious history, bar Madrid no club could replicate this club's achievements.

Since the dawn of FFP we started to scale down on quality. We have become trigger friendly (as fans). And this is understandable, as our expectations are that of CL finals. Yet because of our lack of quality and lack of results, we quickly point the fingers.

We need to downgrade our expectations to what our club's capacity could support. We have to be aligned with this, otherwise we are left with frustration. Sure it is saddening when I go to watch a CL semi final at friends and they tease about Milan, but that is the circle of life if you will.

Berlusconi could throw in 200M, heck 500M the next day, but by doing so we would be barred from European competition and maybe fines from Liga Calcio. It has been cemented in these forums that Berlusconi does not care, that he wants to sell our best players to fill his own pockets, and these accusations/assumptions are fine since it is an internet forum. But for the record, he did do good. He made the Milan we are all fans of. While the current times, not only football, but all of Italy is bleeding. FIAT group spun off Ferrari to raise cash (last week).

Looking at Serie A today (or Italy as a whole), you can see the regression throughout. Roma were humbled by Bayern, the Roma for which we all consider title worthy contenders. It is telling of the times Italy's industries/exports are facing, and Milan is a product for which Italy markets. You would have to relate, otherwise it is all guess work.

In closing, Inzaghi is a sole we all love. Regardless of his coaching ability. However, after 10 or so matches since his Serie A debut we all have our guns aimed at him. We knew he was a noob and we all knew he could take time to adjust. The question remains is half a season enough time? is a season? what about two? or three? How long did Sir Alex take to start winning? how long did Ancelotti take? etc etc. Sacchi is a different story all together, as he was entrusted with a stellar team at a time when Italy was second only to Germany in terms of industrial capability.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 17 2014, 02:40 PM
Post #130

Berretti

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 16 2014, 10:00 PM) *
Think acid, its more to do with expectations here than anything else.

Oh, I'm thinking alright brotherman. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) Can't say the same about the guys in our management.

Milan is a club with a glorious history, bar Madrid no club could replicate this club's achievements.

Not even them. I don't count their first five wins. Backed by another fascist dictator. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) There was Milan in the 90s, and there was Barcelona in the 2000s, while decade no particular team has been able to cement authority, though there have been a bunch of three or four at the very top.

Then again, this decade is barely half done here, so maybe some team can.

Since the dawn of FFP we started to scale down on quality. We have become trigger friendly (as fans). And this is understandable, as our expectations are that of CL finals. Yet because of our lack of quality and lack of results, we quickly point the fingers.

No they're not, this is where we take a different route. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) As I mentioned before, most of us here, at least here on Milanfan, have reasonable expectations. They can live with the results as long as they're met. While being in full knowledge of the all the missteps the management (in particular Galliani) has taken in the past few years.

For me, I don't even care about the results, only the way we conduct ourselves on the pitch. And off of it. If there's a broadcast on, I'll watch a Milan match even if they were playing in Serie B or C or Z, whatever. If not, I'll read up the results on the newspapers and websites. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) But not this mess, not this politicized mess.

I'm interested in the sports of it, not the spectacle. Though that also comes if you the team plays well.

We need to downgrade our expectations to what our club's capacity could support. We have to be aligned with this, otherwise we are left with frustration. Sure it is saddening when I go to watch a CL semi final at friends and they tease about Milan, but that is the circle of life if you will.

Yeah, I don't have friends like these. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I've brainwashed them into believing that their clubs are too mainstream, and are run by corrupt officials. In the case of Madrid it was easy, because or their dirty past and the fact that they've barely developed a player. For Barcelona, they have made it easy with their tactics and cheating.

The EPL clubs there was no need for such mind tricks. So almost everyone I know respects Milan and they don't tease about us, only hope for us come back into the elite circle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Obviously, having class acts like Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Ibra and Silva play for us helps in carving out an image. Subliminal messaging!

Berlusconi could throw in 200M, heck 500M the next day, but by doing so we would be barred from European competition and maybe fines from Liga Calcio. It has been cemented in these forums that Berlusconi does not care, that he wants to sell our best players to fill his own pockets, and these accusations/assumptions are fine since it is an internet forum. But for the record, he did do good. He made the Milan we are all fans of. While the current times, not only football, but all of Italy is bleeding. FIAT group spun off Ferrari to raise cash (last week).

Yeah, well Mr. B and Galliani are two corrupt bastards, you know that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) I like what they've done with the place, and sure we wouldn't be here having this conversation if it were not because of these two individuals. Berlusconi in particular, but Galliani also had a part to play in our success. Just as they're having a say in our demise.

Point being, I respect what they've done for the team, but it wasn't exactly charity. One pocketed millions upon millions for the job, while other used the club to define his politics. It were the players and the fans that built Milan, and they are the real stakeholders. Even if they don't have a place in the power corridors.

But getting back to that point, all I want, all we want is a display of sanity, openness, right selection of players when it comes to transfers, signing up a genuine coach, trimming down of needless expenses, and showing that we have something as a project going on. Self esteem and respect doesn't require funds, now, does it?

Looking at Serie A today (or Italy as a whole), you can see the regression throughout. Roma were humbled by Bayern, the Roma for which we all consider title worthy contenders. It is telling of the times Italy's industries/exports are facing, and Milan is a product for which Italy markets. You would have to relate, otherwise it is all guess work.

Milan is more than Italy now. Has been for decades now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) It's another matter entirely that the management did not have the foresight to market the club right, pitch it to audiences in the USA, the Middle East and the Far East. Even South America. All four are expansive markets, and could have helped us immensely.

They sign Honda now, when we could have snapped him up ages ago. A limited player, I know, maybe he could have developed better in company of legends, but there is no denying that he is the number one player in Asia, and we could have used that to our advantage. Opportunities delayed are opportunities lost.

In closing, Inzaghi is a sole we all love. Regardless of his coaching ability. However, after 10 or so matches since his Serie A debut we all have our guns aimed at him. We knew he was a noob and we all knew he could take time to adjust. The question remains is half a season enough time? is a season? what about two? or three? How long did Sir Alex take to start winning? how long did Ancelotti take? etc etc. Sacchi is a different story all together, as he was entrusted with a stellar team at a time when Italy was second only to Germany in terms of industrial capability.

I don't want to talk about Inzaghi, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) He's done some good things for us as a player, delivered where it mattered, but even though I have a fair amount of reservations for him as a person, he really should not have been hired as a coach. Not when we don't even has stability in the team, the squad.

Should have gone for a more experienced hand and given him time to do what he wants with the team. I was against the Seedorf appointment too, but at least he had tremendous footballing sense, and was trying to create a system. Failed, yeah, I know, But Inzaghi is just experimenting and hoping for this to coming out good.

And it's not about taking the time to adjust, it's about showing that there are adjustments. Doing the basics right, which he is not. Again, like I said, these are still early days, and I am prepared for a lot more changes in the coming moons. I'm already prepared for things to go a lot bad before they improve.

But that, in no ways, ties into my expectations and wanting things right now like a spoiled child. I'm prepared to wait, and wait for as long as it is necessary. Not like this, though, not what we, very clearly, seem to be going around in circles. And that too, with the so called experienced hands on deck.

Berlusconi and Galliani have been through this in the late 90s, when the cycle ended, and they made the same mistakes again. Missing out on key players, not splashing the cash where needed, and wasting it where it wasn't. Our current mess started right after our 2007 win. Everyone from Ancelotti to Allegri are at fault.

Along with the management, of course. They lacked foresight, and it's come back to bite us where it hurts!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 17 2014, 04:55 PM
Post #131

Latest rumors:
  • We're interested in Sneijder. He could come on loan for six months in January, then we'll see. Honda won't be available in January due to participating in the Asia Cup.
  • We want to find two substitutes for Abate and De Sciglio. The most quoted names are Uchida of Schalke and Leonel Vangioni of River Plate.
  • Armero, Zaccardo, Albertazzi, Pazzini and Niang will probably be sold/let go.
  • Suso is a serious objective, but there's fear that he won't be able to adapt to Serie A in January without preparation.

Source: Mediaset

I'd love Sneijder. The guy is only 30 and can more than cut it in Italy. The other two names (Uchida and Vangioni) would be useless. They're certainly not better than Armero.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 17 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #132

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Sneijder would be a nice signing. Uchida is decent, but as you said it's pretty pointless when we had MDS and Armero in the squad. Don't really understand the Suso chase either.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 17 2014, 05:22 PM
Post #133

Berretti

Yay for Sneijder, a million times over! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) Make it happen, make it happen!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 17 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #134

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 17 2014, 03:55 PM) *
Latest rumors:
  • We're interested in Sneijder. He could come on loan for six months in January, then we'll see. Honda won't be available in January due to participating in the Asia Cup.
  • We want to find two substitutes for Abate and De Sciglio. The most quoted names are Uchida of Schalke and Leonel Vangioni of River Plate.
  • Armero, Zaccardo, Albertazzi, Pazzini and Niang will probably be sold/let go.
  • Suso is a serious objective, but there's fear that he won't be able to adapt to Serie A in January without preparation.

Source: Mediaset

I'd love Sneijder. The guy is only 30 and can more than cut it in Italy. The other two names (Uchida and Vangioni) would be useless. They're certainly not better than Armero.

This Armero thing absolutely bewilders me.

But yes, I would take Sneijder. He's younger than I realised and his wages aren't too high at Galatasaray.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 17 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #135

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 17 2014, 08:18 PM) *
But yes, I would take Sneijder. He's younger than I realised and his wages aren't too high at Galatasaray.

€3.2 million a season, yeah. If he's willing to take a pay-cut at around €2.5 million I would gladly have him.

+Quote Post

39 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:52 AM