Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaka', Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite

Ry4n
post Aug 15 2017, 12:06 AM
Post #1876

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

Bit harsh but can't expect much from the MLS.

Poor Kaka'.............
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 15 2017, 08:24 AM
Post #1877

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I get the feeling that VAR is going to be a massive fail and mostly because of the refs themselves.

Serie A is going to be really finicky to watch if its applied in the same manner as it was in the confed cup for example

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 15 2017, 11:53 AM
Post #1878

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Aug 14 2017, 10:26 PM) *
I did see the video and I do follow MLS, so I am not questioning the friendship between the two :-). Still, I think there are situations where "zero tolerance" is justified. Arguably, this is one of them.

How so?

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Aug 15 2017, 01:43 PM
Post #1879

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 15 2017, 12:53 PM) *
How so?

First of all, please note the use of the term "arguably" in my post :-). In any case, grabbing an opponent player by the face from behind hardly feels safe. That goes for when players are in the middle of a fight as well as open play.

Apparently, I am not the only one who believes this. For example, read the following post, which is very much in line with how I feel about this incident. BTW, I never heard of Bobby Warshaw before today, but he was a professional soccer player (MLS and Europe) before becoming a writer.

It is also interesting to note that Orlando decided *not* to appeal the RC decision (link), despite the fact that it is far from uncommon for MLS to rescind RCs on appeal (take this from someone that follows MLS quite closely). However, each club is limited to two unsuccessful appeals, which leads me to believe that Orlando did not think they could win this one ([EDIT] which is pretty much what they are saying in their official statement: "the Club will respect the decision [...] to avoid further unjustified consequences that may come from appealing the decision made on the field").

FWIW, Orlando has shown they are not afraid to appeal when they feel they have a strong case, and, in fact, they quite recently got a RC rescinded for one of their players (link).

This post has been edited by Forza Milan!: Aug 15 2017, 03:09 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 16 2017, 08:44 AM
Post #1880

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 15 2017, 10:24 AM) *
I get the feeling that VAR is going to be a massive fail and mostly because of the refs themselves.

Serie A is going to be really finicky to watch if its applied in the same manner as it was in the confed cup for example

You know, this makes me worrisome. I hope VAR halts somehow, because the Confed Cup experience was very bad.

As for Kaka, I think it was a stupid action - and it ended up with a very stupid red.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 19 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #1881

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Guess who is coming back for six months to retire at Milan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Time to bring the golden boy back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Oct 19 2017, 03:51 PM
Post #1882

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 19 2017, 05:18 AM) *
Guess who is coming back for six months to retire at Milan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Time to bring the golden boy back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

Golden Boy, my tushie. Would rather not see him come back and try to milk the club of even more money.

Not a fan of this rumor.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 19 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #1883

Primavera
Group Icon

I see Fishdoll still remembers the troubles with him and his entourage. Well, in all fairness, his first comeback seemed far-fetched and raised a few eyebrows. A second comeback seems to me rather pointless.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 19 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #1884

Smoking Bianco

Kaka as a player is not going to add much physically, when compared to what he did in the past. His experience, now that is something else. The club spent +200M to build a new team, they should do all they can to get this team back otherwise it goes south for them. Kaka alone isnt solving that problem, but he could actually be 'the spark' that gets things finally moving. His presence and experience in the locker room is the most important at this moment. Someone who can tell them tales of CL nights.

Edit: & while they are at it they should consider Ancelotti as well.

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Oct 19 2017, 10:03 PM

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Oct 20 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #1885

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

I don't think his presence in the locking room will necessarily be that much of a boost -- but as folks here may remember (and which Filipo noted), I was never a big fan.

Carletto? Possibly, but I wonder if he's the right type of coach to do something with the current mess of a team.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 21 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #1886

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Oct 20 2017, 10:05 PM) *
I don't think his presence in the locking room will necessarily be that much of a boost -- but as folks here may remember (and which Filipo noted), I was never a big fan.

Carletto? Possibly, but I wonder if he's the right type of coach to do something with the current mess of a team.

I think the management is pretty close to panicking. There is a general agreement that Montella has not managed to find a system to make things work. Coaches being considered at Sousa, Mazzari, Hiddink and a few outers like Blanc and Enrique.

I believe he has 2 more games to save his place. I kind of agree with it. If we get more than 4-6 points adrift of 4th place come December, we are in trouble. We will probably have to sell Andre Silva and Suso.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 23 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #1887

Primavera
Group Icon

I'm not sure Silva will be sell-able with this rate, but we'll see.

I think our management is lost. They've done what I feared most would happen: they turned us into a Moratti Inter. A army of foreign soldiers disjointed and mixed in without much taught and preparation. Now they're clinging on to Montella who clearly hasn't got a clue about this team. You say we'll be in trouble by December? I think we already lost out on the 4th spot, cause honestly - you think Roma, Napoli, Juve will falter? Only Lazio and Inter could do that but they've accumulated a serious amount of points in comparison with us and they look much more stable.

Montella should have been sacked weeks ago. But well, names like Sousa make me think twice. If really all we've got is him and Mazzari, we're even in a bigger trouble than I supposed initially.

All in all, the management really disappointed me.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 23 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #1888

Smoking Bianco

I agree on the management, from the looks of it and if results dont go our way and fast, this whole team could be dismantled - part to comply with FFP and part to settle Eliott dues. But on a second thought that was always the risk taken from day 1 by this management.

The issue we are facing is the team needs more time than anticipated. But we dont have time. Come season end we could lose Donna and another top player for us. The same could be repeated next season if **** snowballs. But then we'd be in a very tricky position. So im not going there and not jumping to conclusions.

What we need is a change of coach and someone or something that will initiate this spark we are looking for.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 23 2017, 04:59 PM
Post #1889

Primavera
Group Icon

You know what? Loosing anyone beside Romagnoli and Bonucci (the Juve Bonucci) would be IMO acceptable. Donnarumma IMO can be replaced, I really dislike the kid now. Who else could be shipped off? A questionable Silva? Kalinić? Hakan? Well, be my guest.

Yes, the team deserves time. Granted. But I also think we signed several problematic players. Rodriguez is good with free kicks and has a nice cross. He has overall good work ethics but lacks defensively a bit. He's a solid signing. Kessie is, I have to admit, a true let-down and I don't buy into the standard "he's young, he needs time" mantra with him. I think he lacks quality, precision and intelligence - all traits which hardly can be trained or gained with experience. Silva is a big question mark, whereas Kalinić clearly isn't up to it. Don't let me even start on Hakan...

So in the end my point is; we spent big but IMO not wise, unprepared and unbalanced. Mirabelli and Fassone had plenty of time preparing the summer assault and I expected a meticulous plan carried out in sync with Montella. But what we got is a impressionstic approach, buying all sorts of different players, neglecting to talk the transfer policy through Montella's plans, etc.

The fact that our management signed several players who are occupying the same position or virtually have no place in Montella's preferred tactics tells much. What tells you even more however is that the management threw in a bunch of new players, realizes the coach has lost track of system/tactics/planning and now they delay the inevitable sacking because - they don't have anyone riled up for the job.

IMO only a miracle can save us this season. But miracles aside, we squandered much of the precious budgetary funds and first season hype on Mirabelli's and Fassone's mistakes and inexperience.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 24 2017, 06:42 AM
Post #1890

Smoking Bianco

“I know there are already some financial problems,” Telelombardia quotes Berlusconi as saying.

“I’m worried by Mr Li’s silence. If the team continues to do so badly then it’s possible the Elliott fund will take over in the spring, but the real problem is they’ll be over €100m in the red without the Champions League.

“Whoever would buy the club certainly wouldn’t have to pay much compared to its real value, but they’d have to heal it after some very heavy years.

“It’s not a nice prospect.”

Silvio claims Milan are headed for another sale. This could get very ugly if fortunes dont change

+Quote Post

128 Pages V  « < 124 125 126 127 128 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:39 PM