Reply to this topicStart new topic
> iaquinta and oddo

mishie
post Oct 24 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,072

possible new arrivals in january could be vincenzo Iaquinta and massimo oddo, oddo could finally give options to solve the problomatic right-back position and Iaquinta is viewed as an ideal soultion to the blunt rossonero attack. a mobile striker with pace and prowess in the air plus niether player are cup-tied for the C.L which is also an attraction. antonio di natale is also a consideration as he can be used as a second striker playing just off the front man and is believed to be vauled around €7-8m so maybe there is hope for some movement in january after all!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 24 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 24 2006, 08:50 PM)
possible new arrivals in january could be vincenzo Iaquinta and massimo oddo, oddo could finally give options to solve the problomatic right-back position and Iaquinta is viewed as an ideal soultion to the blunt rossonero attack. a mobile striker with pace and prowess in the air plus niether player are cup-tied for the C.L which is also an attraction. antonio di natale is also a consideration as he can be used as a second striker playing just off the front man and is believed to be vauled around €7-8m so maybe there is hope for some movement in january after all!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Where did you hear this.

Oddo I would welcome with open arms.

Iaquinta, I would shoot myself, or go to Milanello and shoot Galliani myself

And if I where going for an Italian seconda punta, that is like di Natale, then I would sidestep him, and go straight for Di Michele, who is younger and much more promising

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 24 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

my source is an italian fan site di michele is to expensive! there words not mine

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Oct 25 2006, 12:58 AM
Post #4

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

We have too many defenders at the moment. I've heard this Oddo talk too much. I have to see him holding a Milan jersey to believe it.

Iaquinta is just another Gila like striker. Why would we need him??

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 24 2006, 09:06 PM)
my source is an italian fan site di michele is to expensive! there words not mine

That word should not be mentioned, we are Milan not Roma, who have a tight budget and have to walk on a fine line when buying players. The club makes 100s of millions of dollars from ticket sales, shirt sales, the bwin deal and not to mention selling Stam, Sheva and Rui, which means all those waiges don't have to be payed anymore. Plus if we ever need extra cash there is always Silvio's DEEP DEEP and I mean DEEP pocket to help out the club, which will never happen, because Milan have always stayed a healthy buisness.

How much could De Michele possibly be worth?? I don't think it's that much for a club like Milan to shy away from.

QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Oct 24 2006, 11:58 PM)
We have too many defenders at the moment. I've heard this Oddo talk too much. I have to see him holding a Milan jersey to believe it.

Iaquinta is just another Gila like striker. Why would we need him??

Gila actually has a very good scoring record in Serie A!!! Don't judge him just by this season, his scoring record has been one of the best in serie A for these past couple of seasons. Iaquinta is a joke, and I would never stand watching him play in the Milan shirt.

And Gila is definately more skillfull then Iaquinta, he actually knows the meaning of FIRST TOUCH and can actually run with the ball at his feet. The 2 can't be compared.

And we only have too many CB at the moment, we are seriously lacking fullbacks, especially on the right, Bonera and Simic are no RB and will never be, neither is Brocchi

This post has been edited by han2503: Oct 25 2006, 11:42 AM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 25 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 25 2006, 01:39 PM)
That word should not be mentioned, we are Milan not Roma, who have a tight budget and have to walk on a fine line when buying players. The club makes 100s of millions of dollars from ticket sales, shirt sales, the bwin deal and not to mention selling Stam, Sheva and Rui, which means all those waiges don't have to be payed anymore. Plus if we ever need extra cash there is always Silvio's DEEP DEEP and I mean DEEP pocket to help out the club, which will never happen, because Milan have always stayed a healthy buisness.

How much could De Michele possibly be worth?? I don't think it's that much for a club like Milan to shy away from.
Gila actually has a very good scoring record in Serie A!!! Don't judge him just by this season, his scoring record has been one of the best in serie A for these past couple of seasons. Iaquinta is a joke, and I would never stand watching him play in the Milan shirt.

And Gila is definately more skillfull then Iaquinta, he actually knows the meaning of FIRST TOUCH and can actually run with the ball at his feet. The 2 can't be compared.

And we only have too many CB at the moment, we are seriously lacking fullbacks, especially on the right, Bonera and Simic are no RB and will never be, neither is Brocchi

Great post han (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

The point where I disagree with you, is we are in need of a RB .. Sure, it's great to have that extra advantage .. But we got the 02/03 CL without a RB (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

It was Simic that was on the right .. Last season, Cafu was out nearly most of the season and we had Stam .. We went far .. Really far without a RB ..

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 25 2006, 11:51 AM)
Great post han (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

The point where I disagree with you, is we are in need of a RB .. Sure, it's great to have that extra advantage .. But we got the 02/03 CL without a RB (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

It was Simic that was on the right .. Last season, Cafu was out nearly most of the season and we had Stam .. We went far .. Really far without a RB ..

Yes but we can't rely on the past anymore.

Stam was a good RB, even though he was a natural CB, he also hada lot of experiance playing on the right, unlike Bonera. And you've got to remember, in 02/03 everyone was 3 years younger, Maldini was probably having the season of his life, Nesta was not as injury prone as he is now and Seedorf wasn't as half as lazy as he is now.

I just think that a proper RB that isn't 36 is needed, Oddo would be the best option for us, it's not much to ask of the management, he should be easy enough to get.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 25 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 25 2006, 05:01 PM)
he should be easy enough to get.

in fact he should already be here !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 25 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Milan plan Iaquinta swoop

Wednesday 25 October, 2006

Milan are planning a move to bring Vincenzo Iaquinta to the San Siro in January, according to reports in the Corriere dello Sport on Wednesday.

The Rossoneri strikers are struggling upfront and the Via Turati club has allegedly targeted the Udinese man, who could be snatched from the Friuli-based outfit for around £10.7m, according to the sports newspaper.

It is not clear if Milan intend to sell-off one of their other strikers in order to bring in the World Champion, although it seems unlikely that the Rossoneri will let one of Alberto Gilardino, Marco Borriello or Ricardo Oliveira leave.

Iaquinta was already paired with a move to the San Siro during the summer, when Milan were searching for Andriy Shevchenko’s replacement after his departure to Chelsea in May.

However, Coach Carlo Ancelotti however stated on Tuesday that he did not believe the team needed strengthening and that he was confident that the Rossoneri would soon solve their crisis to get their season back on track. “In January we will not make any purchases,” declared the tactician.

Milan visit Chievo at the Stadio Bentegodi on Wednesday night and are determined to make up for their shocking defeat at the hands of Palermo over the weekend.

Football Italia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 25 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Not if he was the last striker on Earth !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 25 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #11

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

“In January we will not make any purchases,” declared the tactician.

Tactician? About time you started living up to that billing Carletto. I'm getting sick of having to stand up for ur a$$

+Quote Post

aaron
post Oct 25 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #12

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 344

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 25 2006, 07:17 PM)

why do you people panic too much. there is no need for
a new striker what if he comes and doesn't score or we start loosing then buy another striker. is that what wewill keep on doing?

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 25 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (aaron @ Oct 25 2006, 08:55 PM)
why do you people panic too much. there is no need for
a new striker what if he comes and doesn't score or we start loosing  then buy another striker. is that what wewill keep on doing?

???

There is no need for a new striker ??? Our strikers have not scored for 5 or so consecutive games ... what more do you need ??

Ofcourse that's what we're going to do ... but not with Iaquinta-level strikers but with great ones like ... Torres !!? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) In what other way could we find the proper one ??

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 25 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali

i think Iaquinta is something different to what we already have. he has pace which we desperately lack and i don't think it's a case of just buying another striker, i read the borrielo would be part of 1 of the deals so if it was a case of having lots of strikers he wouldn't be going. as already said oddo should be with us already and as for this no transfers in january i think it's just a smoke screen to cover are real transfer activity

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Oct 26 2006, 06:08 AM
Post #15

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 25 2006, 02:39 AM)

Yes he has a good scoring record in Serie A but the question is scoring in the context of what. Its different to score against Barcelona and the Milan derby than it is to score against Chievo when your winning 3-0.

Most of Gilas goals were in the midst of us destroying a team. He didn't score in the CL this season or last season. He didn't score against any major club or when we really needed goals. He hasn't scored in 8 scudetto appearences this season. Thats not Milan quality or any major club quality.

He had a good record with Parma but it might be that Parma was the system that he works in. He hasn't proved that he works in the Milan system yet. With most the idea of Gila as the next great striker overshadows reality in that he's 2nd rate. Until he still starts consistently scoring my opinion stands. He can't dribble, make plays, shoot or proved that he should be starting every game. He's a 4th striker right now.

Iaqunita is a striker. Gila is a striker. The point that i was making is that they are both tactically the same in the style of play. We need a forward- Drogba, Villa, Henry.

Iaqunita has 4 goals in Serie A this season. How many does Gila have? 0. One of Iaquintas goals beat Fiorentina this season

I still don't want him in a Milan jersey so we agree on that.

This post has been edited by jbryant1: Oct 26 2006, 06:20 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:57 AM