> Milan - Juventus --- 10/5/2009

Zed.D
post May 12 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #361

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 12 2009, 09:36 PM) *
Seedorf, Seedorf, Seedorf...how interesting...

I couldn't find a better example. OK, Carlo always going for 1 striker system has anything to do with all those thing? oh of course it has! how unaware I am. (IMG:http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Just_Cuz_19.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 12 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #362

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 12 2009, 09:38 PM) *
Well, gee. Pot. Kettle. Black. time here, methinks. You go off on people anytime they so much as hint that Pato isn't perfect, zeddie. You're not exactly the best person to start the defensiveness accusations.

I know I don't think of myself of being not defensive at least...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 12 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #363

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

If you're not willing to read carefully and to think about the matter, it's not worth my or anyone else's time to try to explain it.

+Quote Post

dst
post May 12 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #364

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 12 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Seedorf, Seedorf, Seedorf...how interesting...

I personally believe it's a big issue; Seedorf has cost us MANY points.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post May 12 2009, 08:24 PM
Post #365

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (dst @ May 12 2009, 10:29 AM) *
I personally believe it's a big issue; Seedorf has cost us MANY points.

The final straw was him smiling as he was being subbed. I wanted to punch him.

He could give a rat's patoot if Milan win or lose as long as he gets his playing time.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 12 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #366

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

@ R7, while I do appreciate the economy lesson (not being sarcastic here I find it a fascinating topic), I still think that most of the time it's used as an excuse for not even trying to strengthen the team were it's needed, and I'm not even saying here that we should go out and offer 100m for CR for fun or throwing around the cash, because I do agree that the belts have been strapped thight by the economic situation, but to strengthen the areas that desperately need strengthening is a must imo. Sure last summer we spent some cash on transfers, but do I think that is was spent wisely? Hell no!! We overpayed for most of the players we bought, we even managed to over pay for a player that just a season ago we were desperate to off load.

Ok, going back to the financial issue and the depths of the club, personally I find using the recession as a reason for our situation as an excuse, that is just my oppinion, all the club have been effected, not just in Italy, in England? Clubs are run on millions of pounds in depth, they know this and as you said the Barclays Bank has managed to keep the EPL in a bubble, but I'm afraid that is a bubble that is soon going to burst, but still I can see the English clubs that are run by American companies going down hill or billionaires like Abramovic still going furthr in depth in order to maintain quality. They have found this a comfortable way to run their clubs, I'm not saying I want Milan to be run as such. But again is the money being spent wisely? I'm asking again, what's happened with the Sheva money, with the CL winning money? We haven't made any real major signing since Nesta, and aside from Kaka, Pato and Flamini, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that all the other transfers that we made were a waste, this to me suggests bad management. And again had players been brought in gradually over the years we wouldn't have felt the hit that we're going to feel this summer when it comes to transfers.

Regarding Calciopoli, I think I made myself pretty clear regarding that subject. I personally don't think it effected us as much as you're implying, we still maintained Serie A and CL status, our only loss was the 8 pts, Juve on the other hand were the ones that were really hit hard with it not us. And again, we should really stop mentioning it and using it as an excuse for everything that has gone wrong for us since then, like I said it was our fault in the first place for getting involved and we should have dealth with it, simple as that, it's useless crying over spilt milk.

But again, we're going on and on about the finances, but like zeddie said, I don't really think that get's into the whole other big issue we have in the coaching department, Calciopoli and recession certainly have nothing to do with that, bad tactical decisions and players selection are all on the coach. And finally Silvio has come out and commented on this issue, something I've been waiting for to finally happen. Hopefully we'll finally see a change in this department, because this here is 50% of our current problems

This post has been edited by han2503: May 12 2009, 10:57 PM

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 23 24 25
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:32 AM