post Apr 8 2021, 12:45 PM
Post #976

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 8 2021, 01:56 PM) *
Class is supposed to be permanent...

I think Mand?ukić is pure class. But we should have signed him the moment he went on being free agent at least and give him proper time to work and bring himself back to full fitness. Don't get me wrong, Mario is a beast and a hard worker, he'll regain fitness even now and I'm 100% sure he'll be motivated to show he's worth a stay - which could give us the extra push we need.

But the point is, at the given moment (in late January) we needed someone who could immediately make impact. It was quite obvious that Mand?ukić is not that kind of a player.

In other news I see Andre Silva scored 22 in 25 Bundesliga games. Another Gilardino perhaps?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 8 2021, 12:46 PM
Post #977

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 8 2021, 02:20 PM) *
According to Tuttosport, Jonathan Ikone is our primary target for the right wing.

Also, Castillejo will most definitely be sold.

And once again the rumors about Thauvin joining us died off. Great...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 8 2021, 01:36 PM
Post #978

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 8 2021, 12:46 PM) *
And once again the rumors about Thauvin joining us died off. Great...

I think because he is demanding 4M per year or something.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 8 2021, 01:37 PM
Post #979

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 8 2021, 12:45 PM) *
In other news I see Andre Silva scored 22 in 25 Bundesliga games. Another Gilardino perhaps?

I think so. Guy never truly impressed me.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 10 2021, 09:30 PM
Post #980

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 8 2021, 01:36 PM) *
I think because he is demanding 4M per year or something.

Do you really think he'd be that much of a difference maker though? I see him as another middle of the road kind of player. Would prefer someone more explosive tbh

Anyway, some good news imo

DONE DEAL: @Ibra_official reached a verbal agreement to stay at @acmilan until 2022 Handshake (via @FabrizioRomano)

I think this is hugely important. What we can't do now is make the mistake of relying on Ibra only. WE simply have to get someone in who would not only be a rotation option, but someone who can seamlessly take over the season after, when Ibra will probably retire. For me, it would have to be either Belotti or maybe Zapata from Atalanta.

As for the transfer market in general. We have to make Tomori permanent for sure. I'd take Diaz as well for a reasonable price. Then a LW and a substitute for Kessie. All of those for sure, plus maybe a reliable RB if there is any money left. A striker of course is a huge priority as well.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon about the various contracts running out. We have to add Kessie and Romagnoli to the list of worries now as well. I seriously do not understand why we let these run down so much

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 10 2021, 09:34 PM
Post #981

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 10 2021, 09:30 PM) *
I seriously do not understand why we let these run down so much

Because players seem to be demanding more than what we're willing to offer.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 11 2021, 05:22 PM
Post #982

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 10 2021, 09:34 PM) *
Because players seem to be demanding more than what we're willing to offer.

Well that will obviously be the case when they have all the power in the negotiations. Which is what happens when you're on your last year.

Look at Theo, Bennacer, Calabria, etc All have outgrown the initial contracts we gave them. We should be proactive and offer them better deals that still fit within our financial constraints but are better than what they're currently getting. It will keep them happy, make them feel appreciated and above all, gives the club security in terms of the future. And should other clubs come to the table for them, we'd have the power

Now look where we are. At a moment when we could literally lose 2 players who have a combined value of 140m plus imo for nothing.

I say give them what they want, and if the opportunity arises sell them big if we can't keep them. Similar to what we did with Thiago Silva for example. But losing them for free is unacceptable for this club just when we're finally starting to dig ourselves out of the hole we'd buried ourselves in

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 15 2021, 12:54 PM
Post #983

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 11 2021, 05:22 PM) *
Well that will obviously be the case when they have all the power in the negotiations. Which is what happens when you're on your last year.

Look at Theo, Bennacer, Calabria, etc All have outgrown the initial contracts we gave them. We should be proactive and offer them better deals that still fit within our financial constraints but are better than what they're currently getting. It will keep them happy, make them feel appreciated and above all, gives the club security in terms of the future. And should other clubs come to the table for them, we'd have the power

Now look where we are. At a moment when we could literally lose 2 players who have a combined value of 140m plus imo for nothing.

I say give them what they want, and if the opportunity arises sell them big if we can't keep them. Similar to what we did with Thiago Silva for example. But losing them for free is unacceptable for this club just when we're finally starting to dig ourselves out of the hole we'd buried ourselves in

The problem is, we cannot offer them those better deals that would make them appreciated, because they're simply demanding too much. Romagnoli 6M? Hakan 7M? Come on, they're not worth more than half of that.

At Inter you got guys like Lautaro, Barella, Skrinar etc. who earn no more than 3M and yet we don't read about them bitching about their salaries. Our players need a reality check, starting with Donnarumma.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 15 2021, 01:03 PM
Post #984

Anyway, I keep reading rumours about Vlahovic. 40M his price tag.

Dunno, I've seen him play a few times, doesn't look bad, but 40M seems way to excessive.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 15 2021, 09:44 PM
Post #985

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

There is a plan A and plan B. Plan A assumes Milan qualify to CL, lots of happy posts. Plan B, well let's see what happens in the last 8 games.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 15 2021, 11:12 PM
Post #986

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 15 2021, 03:03 PM) *
Anyway, I keep reading rumours about Vlahovic. 40M his price tag.

Dunno, I've seen him play a few times, doesn't look bad, but 40M seems way to excessive.

Agreed. Not sure what all the fuss is about. This season he's decent enough. Yet his scoring ratio isn't that impressive.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 17 2021, 04:56 PM
Post #987

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 15 2021, 11:12 PM) *
Agreed. Not sure what all the fuss is about. This season he's decent enough. Yet his scoring ratio isn't that impressive.

15 goals in 29 games, 8 of them as a sub. Could very well reach 20 goals by the end of the season, which in my books is a very good scoring ratio. And let's not forget he plays for a very shitty Fiorentina side.

Could be a decent signing, but again, absolutely not worth 40M. I'd spend 20M max for him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 29 2021, 07:58 PM
Post #988

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 15 2021, 12:54 PM) *
The problem is, we cannot offer them those better deals that would make them appreciated, because they're simply demanding too much. Romagnoli 6M? Hakan 7M? Come on, they're not worth more than half of that.

At Inter you got guys like Lautaro, Barella, Skrinar etc. who earn no more than 3M and yet we don't read about them bitching about their salaries. Our players need a reality check, starting with Donnarumma.

I'm not talking bout those guys there, but players like Theo, Bennacer, Calabria and Kessie for example. All have very low salaries relatively speaking, which can easily be improved upon without much impact to the budget but will keep all of them happy and secure our long term strategy.

Donna and Hakan do need a reality check. But I still think it would hurt us more financially to lose them on a free than renewing now for what they want and then selling

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 4 2021, 05:49 PM
Post #989

Mourinho new Roma manager.

Should have tried to snatch him. Let's keep Pioli and swim into mediocrity.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 4 2021, 09:57 PM
Post #990

Primavera
Group Icon

You know what makes me even more angry? If someone here even mentioned Jose, we'd instantly say "no CL is a dealbreaker", "he's not willing to come to us for peanuts", etc etc. Yet Roma made their move efficiently and smoothly. That hurts.

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 64 65 66 67 68 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:20 AM