Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seedorf agrees financial terms with Botafogo - Goal.com

xcube
post May 16 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #1

Pulcini 97

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 333

According to Lance, the 36-year-old has accepted the offer put to him by the Rio de Janeiro giants, and will join the Rio giants unless he receives a last-minute proposal from one of Europe's biggest clubs. The transfer, which would be finalised from June 20, when the international transfer window opens, would mean a drastic pay cut for the former Netherlands international.

The report claims that Seedorf would receive a salary of R$483,000 (£143,000) a month, which translates to roughly €45,000 (£35,800) a week for the four-time Champions League winner. The player is said to be acutely aware of the economic conditions present in Brazil, as he has invested heavily in a charitable foundation that works with deprived children across the nation.

Speaking to NU Sport on Monday, Seedorf did not mention the possible switch to Botafogo, but admitted that, at this stage of his career, a new challenge was his prime motivation.

"I will play football for two, maybe three more years. And I am going to pick the most challenging project, something that intrigues and stimulates me," he said.

Seedorf's contract at Milan expires on June 30.

Source: Goal.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:57 AM