post Apr 29 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #76

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Football Italia)
Allegri: 'If we'd had Cassano'
By Football Italia staff

Massimiliano Allegri can’t help but feel regrets that Milan had to do without the inspirational Antonio Cassano for most of the season.

FantAntonio was given his first start since suffering an ischemic stroke and undergoing heart surgery at the end of October, scoring and providing two assists in a 4-1 victory at Siena.

“It was important to win today so we could stay close to Juventus. Now we have to hope they drop some points in these final three games, while we’d have to win them all,” said the Coach on his 100th official match at the club.

“In any case, if we continue like this then we can finish the season without regrets. The only problem was that Cassano and Gennaro Gattuso suffered physical problems that could not be predicted by anyone.

“We paid a heavy price for all the injuries, as don’t forget Mario Yepes and Mathieu Flamini were also out for months at a time. The shortage didn’t allow me to rest some players who have now reached the end of the campaign totally exhausted.

“It’s also a pity that with the timing of the Champions League we paid for the strains of facing Barcelona by dropping points to Fiorentina and Bologna. We gave away too many goals and a side like Milan cannot do that.”

Allegri commented on Saturday that he was “on the Milan bench until May 13, then we’ll see,” so he was again asked about his future.

“I have an excellent rapport with President Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani. In two years we have won the Scudetto and a Super Cup, while we are still in the race for the title now and were unlucky to be eliminated by Barcelona from Europe.

“The thing that disappoints me is that the media has ganged up on me and the team with talk of contracts at a key moment of the campaign.”

Some good points he makes. who's to listen though...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 29 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #77

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

He made some good points... yeah, okay, but he also sounds like an idiot by mentioning the name of Flamini (who by the way, has been back for some time injury free and yet to get playing time). Flamini himself had to come out publicly and state this.

I would have largely respected if Allegri was to say I something along the lines of: "looking back on things now I would have done some things differently, and I hope that the fans can continue to place their confidence in me and find it in their heart to forgive me for some risks that I took which did not turn out as I had planned for.

We now have to hope Juve can drop some points in these final three games, while we’d have to win all of our renaming - Then we'll see what happens..."

Instead he said: "if we continue like this then we can finish the season without regrets." ...really? without regrets?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

Anyway as it stands, its hard to see Juve slip up at this point, they are determined and motivated. It matters little what we do if they do what they have to.

I usually like most of Allegri's interviews from start to finish (this certainly was not the case today).

I am beginning to become somewhat of a neutral on the matter of him continuing on as our Milan manager. He has done a lot for the team in my eyes so far, but it can easily be broken or forgotten with a series of questionable decisions... As is now becoming the case.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 29 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #78

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 29 2012, 09:29 PM) *
I am beginning to become somewhat of a neutral on the matter of him continuing on as our Milan manager. He has done a lot for the team in my eyes so far, but it can easily be broken or forgotten with a series of questionable decisions... As is now becoming the case.

I think Allegri will continue, he will be cleaning the laundry this summer so all those old folks; Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, etc will **** off ... and in comes Muntari and co (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

That or what you said (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 29 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #79

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I think Berlusconi will act. He'll have to, otherwise we'll sail in a totally wrong direction.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 29 2012, 08:20 PM
Post #80

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 29 2012, 02:58 PM) *
I think Allegri will continue, he will be cleaning the laundry this summer so all those old folks; Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, etc will **** off ... and in comes Muntari and co (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

That or what you said (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

I didn't quite catch the meaning behind your post, but one thing is for sure, Nesta doesn't deserve to be shown the door like that of like the other veterans.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 29 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #81

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 29 2012, 10:20 PM) *
I didn't quite catch the meaning behind your post, but one thing is for sure, Nesta doesn't deserve to be shown the door like that of like the other veterans.

No but Pippo, Seedorf and Pirlo do ?

Relax, I was just being sarcastic in how itchy Allegri's trigger finger is when it comes to having things his way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 30 2012, 01:02 AM
Post #82

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 29 2012, 03:22 PM) *
No but Pippo, Seedorf and Pirlo do ?

Relax, I was just being sarcastic in how itchy Allegri's trigger finger is when it comes to having things his way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

No need to relax any further I was already in a clam, level headed state of mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I was simply inquiring what you meant as I truly didn't understand (the tone possibly) of your post.

Pirlo is already gone there's no use discussing whether or not he should have stayed on or not (been there done that). If I was to have it my way, he would still be here but there's no use crying over spilled milk.

Seedorf is nothing more than a back-up player now (at least for the level of playing we should be hoping to achieve)

If he chooses to stay on with with a 'true' back-up role (err... maybe), but I don't ever want to see him starting more than 10% of our games, and that's unless we really have to. Why? No, not because I dislike the guy, but I think he should recognize that his best years are behind him, and allow us to move on. Time for us to stop living in the past!

(PS. He should quit throwing tantrums when sh!t doesn't go his way - You're a grown man, act that way!)

Nesta, though is now just a shadow of his former self, is the only one that has displayed that he is still capable of the level of football which we require. He can be a solid rotational player (& great backup when need be called upon)

MvB can be in the same boat as Nesta if you ask me, but the situation is slightly different - If the guy want to leave and go PSV come season's end we'll just have to respect his wishes.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 30 2012, 06:14 AM
Post #83

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 30 2012, 05:02 AM) *
No need to relax any further I was already in a clam, level headed state of mind.

Ha, like a true Trini. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleepysmiley03.gif) I believe, I've never seen you flipped off here, you're always cool.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 30 2012, 09:12 AM
Post #84

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

The only thing giving me hope, is that Carlo was also defensive in his first season and changed his approach a lot. If Allegri can do the same, it will be fine.

I don't actually want him out per se. When I knew Carlo's time was up, the first person I wanted in was Max Allegri. I even got over my apprehension about the mess he created at Cagliari when he had his head turned by Milan...but still... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 3 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #85

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

To be honest, nothing is decided yet, after the Buffon hard touch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) We may yet win the league on the last day after a Juventus draw, and then it'll not be as easy to see Allegri out. And who knows, what the next season holds. But anyway, Berlusconi may very well have his way, but I'd love to see the results of the next two rounds.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:47 AM