Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berlusconi Back as Milan President?

Rossoneri7
post Nov 9 2011, 08:29 AM
Post #1

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Silvio will resign from government when an austerity bill is passed for Italy to curb its staggering debt of EUR1.2trl - One which is greater than Greece, Spain, Portugal and Ireland combined.

Silvio lost the last confidence vote with just 302 out of 630, he has promised to step down in the coming weeks once he sees the austerity bill passed by congress.

I see this as a blessing in disguise, as now he will have more time to dedicate to Milan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 9 2011, 08:33 AM
Post #2

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Thanks, R7. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) As for Mr. B, I say it's about time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Would be good to see him there during matches!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 9 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #3

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Haha..he wants no part of a government if it has to be austere. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 9 2011, 01:26 PM
Post #4

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 9 2011, 10:44 AM) *
Haha..he wants no part of a government if it has to be austere. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It's the least he can do after sinking the country in such a huge debt.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 9 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 9 2011, 01:26 PM) *
It's the least he can do after sinking the country in such a huge debt.

Forget about a country, if Italy goes down, the entire EU block will go down with them...

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Nov 9 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

Haha, all my stock investments went up by 5% when he announced this.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 10 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #7

Berretti

(IMG:http://i39.tinypic.com/144brps.jpg)

I thought I knew quite a bit about Italy as a whole, but I still haven't figured it out why he was elected. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Or how?!

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Nov 11 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #8

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Berlusconi is shamefully resigning after years of embarrassment in helming a country that is teetering on the brink of utter financial ruin, yet Milan fans seem only concerned with how he'll supposedly be devoting more of his time and money to the team. Lovely sentiment.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 11 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #9

Berretti

Well, theoretically speaking, it was the fault of the guys who elected the man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I think once or twice was enough, thinking he'll produce a miracle third time (in this financial crisis) was totally irrational of the people back in Italy. Like I said, I don't know what they were thinking, and I'm still surprised he became PM a few years back.

But as a fan of the club, let's get Mr. B doing what he does best. Or does he? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Sure he foots the bill, but I've always maintained that the guy is pure trouble the way he butts in his opinion and tactics. Let the professionals do it in the government, and the man with deep pockets sit and watch a few matches of the club he owns.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 11 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 11 2011, 09:44 PM) *
Berlusconi is shamefully resigning after years of embarrassment in helming a country that is teetering on the brink of utter financial ruin, yet Milan fans seem only concerned with how he'll supposedly be devoting more of his time and money to the team. Lovely sentiment.

(IMG:http://www.forevergeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ironhide_facepalm-540x409.jpg)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Nov 13 2011, 08:34 AM
Post #11

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Gee, how original. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I was surfing a thread at R&B a few days ago that brought up the same subject discussed here, and soon people were chatting about who he should pursue in the free-agent market.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 13 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Ok, serious question - will his political actions and resignation from Parliament mean anything regarding his presidency of the club?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 13 2011, 11:19 PM
Post #13

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 13 2011, 05:11 PM) *
Ok, serious question - will his political actions and resignation from Parliament mean anything regarding his presidency of the club?

Ofcourse it will, one of the key elements of his bill was for privatization of government owned facilities; something which will result in Milan purchasing the San Siro (not sure how inter will figure into this).

Moreover, his hands on approach on things is very much missed (for those who remember). More so now, as he is retired and has the capability to remedy all of Milan's problems.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 14 2011, 12:04 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

To be honest, the Italian problem is much bigger then Berlusconi. He cannot be held as the sole responsible person for this disaster. Even less the people who have voted for him. I can't understand how people don't get that this problem hit most of the countries historically backward in economic problems, and that leadership simply wasn't prepared for the task that appeared.

As for Milan and Berlusconi...I think it's viable to discuss Silvio's return to Milan. After all, this is a Milan forum where we mostly discuss Milan stuff. This moralization is really unnecessary.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 14 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 14 2011, 12:04 PM) *
As for Milan and Berlusconi...I think it's viable to discuss Silvio's return to Milan. After all, this is a Milan forum where we mostly discuss Milan stuff. This moralization is really unnecessary.

Amen. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:12 PM