Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Inzaghi out of the Champions League

acid911
post Sep 2 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #31

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Apparently, Gattuso is not the only one then who can bring down the roof of San Siro. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_Suhail 3_*
post Sep 2 2011, 02:54 PM
Post #32

Guests

The forwardline has me licking my lips, cant wait for our champions league journey to begin.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Sep 2 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #33

Milanfan to Death

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11

Maybe we're counting on Inzaghi in the knockout stages?

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 2 2011, 06:11 PM
Post #34

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 2 2011, 06:19 PM) *
Maybe we're counting on Inzaghi in the knockout stages?

Depends on his physical condition. Allegri said that he would add him to the list if Pippo is fully healthy.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 2 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #35

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I wonder, when did Inzaghi become so important to us? We've got four world class strikers at disposal, and you people worry about a 38-year-old injured player? Just let it go, really.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 2 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #36

Berretti

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 2 2011, 10:49 PM) *
I wonder, when did Inzaghi become so important to us? We've got four world class strikers at disposal, and you people worry about a 38-year-old injured player? Just let it go, really.

Oh, you have no idea! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) The ultras - and should I say, right-wing supporters - are going nuts over his exclusion. I mean stuff like Inzaghi could score playing on one-leg, blindfolded, and both hands tied behind his back even if he is 89 years old. Talk about reason, man. Sense and sensibility.

Oh well, whatever floats their root beer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) And here I thought Maldini was the club icon of the last two decades. And look what he got. Mr. Inzaghi here, as important as he was in the past (and still could be), threatens to leave the club, or asks not to have his #9 shirt retired (I mean, really?) when no one asked him that it will be. He is a fan favorite, and fan favorites sort of get their way by hook or crook. So does another one of our senior, Gattuso (who after giving away the worst performance from a Milan player I have seen in a derby, and getting himself sent off in the process) ups it up by headbutting an official in a CL match, with half the world watching. And then gets away with it.

Give me a Paolo, Nesta, heck even an Ambrosini over a million of these prima donnas any day of week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) But I guess that's how things are run now-a-days. I still think Inzaghi can be useful if used correctly, and hopefully he gets fit as soon as he can and shows his magic. At least, he's not taking space a la Seedorf and blocking the club from nurturing a new generation #10.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 2 2011, 09:27 PM
Post #37

Now, now, you're making Inzaghi sound evil, when in fact he's a very nice and sensible guy. The fact he got angry for being excluded from the competition is only natural. But then again, I say it's his own damn fault. He can't expect to play at his age in such high levels anymore. Not to mention his physical conditions get worse by the day. He should have either chosen to play for a small club or end his career straight away as a winner.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 2 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #38

Berretti

No, not evil. Just a bit full of himself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And not to mention, a tad selfish too (all big players are, they have to be) in the sense that for him the biggest thing is scoring a few extra goals in the CL. He's pretty much figured out in the domestic league, really. For a guy who's won everything, around 35 is a good age to either hang the boots.

Or like you said, he should have either chosen to play for a small club. Maybe his youth/favorite club.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 3 2011, 09:40 AM
Post #39

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Both immensely wise decisions IMO.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 3 2011, 11:19 AM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 2 2011, 03:25 PM) *
i think he only wanted to play in the UCL and maintain his goal scoring, i think Milan made a blunder by excluding him from UCL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

No, I think Inzaghi made a blunder by staying with Milan. He should have known that his chances to play games for Milan were very thin since Milan got many forwards better than he is nowadays. Yeah, and if he now is pissed and wanna leave in January. Well, that's his choice, a half year too late, Pippo.

And I don't get why X-Offender acts like excluding El Shaarawy is a crazy thing to do. Based on what should he have been included then? And I remember that the young dude needed a lot of months to get in the right shape (getting physical stronger) for Milan their games (obviously a difference with lower league and youth cup games).

For how many games is Gattuso suspended exactly? I thought 5? But am not sure. If so, kinda unnecessary call-up.

Could it be De Sciglio got called up because he is from own youth and (for example) he was needed to be called up to reach the necessary amount of home-grown players in the list?

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Sep 3 2011, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 3 2011, 12:03 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 3 2011, 10:19 AM) *
No, I think Inzaghi made a blunder by staying with Milan. He should have known that his chances to play games for Milan were very thin since Milan got many forwards better than he is nowadays. Yeah, and if he now is pissed and wanna leave in January. Well, that's his choice, a half year too late, Pippo.

And I don't get why X-Offender acts like excluding El Shaarawy is a crazy thing to do. Based on what should he have been included then? And I remember that the young dude needed a lot of months to get in the right shape (getting physical stronger) for Milan their games (obviously a difference with lower league and youth cup games).

For how many games is Gattuso suspended exactly? I thought 5? But am not sure. If so, kinda unnecessary call-up.

Could it be De Sciglio got called up because he is from own youth and (for example) he was needed to be called up to reach the necessary amount of home-grown players in the list?

Yeah De Sciglio got called up because of the home grown players quota which I think is 4...

The biggest blunder is calling up Gattuso, who aside from being suspended from most of the group stage matches, is just aweful and shouldn't be on the pitch for us, especially not in the Barca games (I think he'll be available for the return in the San Siro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ). Allegri seemingly doesn't want to learn his lesson in regards to Rino, everywhere I go whether it's a forum or talking to people, they still can't understand why Rino get's anywhere near the pitch for Milan let alone being an automatic starter. It's just ridiculous. I don't even think that a huge mistake from Rino would dether Allegri from playing him.

And you can bet your @ss that if the suspension is over for the return leg against Barca, that Gattuso will be one of the first name on that list (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

As for Pippo. The only reason the man stayed on was to increase his CL tally. Yet he's just spent an entire season injured and it's looking more and more likely like another repeat this season. His body simply cannot handle it anymore, and when you have Galliani contantly complaining about money, then you have to ask, what is the thinking behing giving Pippo another contract? He's mostly going to cost us money this season by sitting on the treatment table for another season while collecing another paycheck that our club seems so happy to give to veteran who don't really deserve it.

I don't know how much Pippo, Seedorf and Ambro got in their new contract, but Rino is on 3m, so I can guess they're on something similar, which is ridiculous, especially when we're passing on players, actual good players for the their wage demands

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 3 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #42

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2011, 01:03 PM) *
I don't know how much Pippo, Seedorf and Ambro got in their new contract, but Rino is on 3m, so I can guess they're on something similar, which is ridiculous, especially when we're passing on players, actual good players for the their wage demands

Pippo earns way less than that if I'm not mistaken.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 3 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 3 2011, 11:25 AM) *
Pippo earns way less than that if I'm not mistaken.

Let's say he earns around 1.5m to 2m. It's still a lot when you think about it, especially seeing as he'll be injured 75% of the time...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 3 2011, 03:36 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 3 2011, 12:19 PM) *
And I don't get why X-Offender acts like excluding El Shaarawy is a crazy thing to do. Based on what should he have been included then?

You pretty much answered it yourself. Why leave an eligible player like El Shaarawy at home and include someone like Gattuso instead, who won't be playing 4 of the 6 games? Irrational.

And I remember that the young dude needed a lot of months to get in the right shape (getting physical stronger) for Milan their games (obviously a difference with lower league and youth cup games).

Months? Aren't you exaggerating a little bit? He only missed the pre-season games because of his specialized training. I think he's ready to play now.

Anyway, I'm not crazy about it. It's not like El Shaarawy's presence will affect our path.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 3 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #45

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 3 2011, 04:36 PM) *
You pretty much answered it yourself. Why leave an eligible player like El Shaarawy at home and include someone like Gattuso instead, who won't be playing 4 of the 6 games? Irrational.

Months? Aren't you exaggerating a little bit? He only missed the pre-season games because of his specialized training. I think he's ready to play now.

Anyway, I'm not crazy about it. It's not like El Shaarawy's presence will affect our path.

Well, that's what I read. But I really don't know how El Shaarawy is doing, nor what to expect from him. Do you? Maybe Allegri simply prefers 25, or 24 since the home-grown stuff, over him. There isn't really a reason to say El Shaarawy can't be left out.

Well,, one of those two games is vs Barça. And the two Barça games are the tough ones, the other four games not really. And if Allegri think Gattuso is an useful asset vs Barça, then it maybe is not so weird for him to call up Gattuso.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:15 PM