> Kaka: We need 20 great players

Portman
post May 17 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

Kaka: We Need 20 Great Players

Milan superstar Kaka says that the club need 20 great players if they want to challenge for top honours next season.

The Rossoneri have had a miserable season, as despite winning both the European Super Cup and Club World Cup, they crashed out in the Champions League last 16 and are looking unlikely to qualify for the competition next season.

There have been many theories for why Milan have struggled. Some say that there are too many old players, while others believe that the first team squad is too small.

The latter hypothesis is the one held by Kaka, who is demanding that the club signs five top quality players this summer.

"If we want to hit the centre, we need a group of 20 great players,” the Brazilian told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“This year we only had 15 and this was not enough for both Serie A and the Champions League.

“It has not worked out for many players this year, perhaps they did not know how to handle the pressure of having to prove everything in such a short time.”

Meanwhile the French press claim that Milan are extremely close to completing the signing of Nice goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.

Just like everyone else can see, we need a squad. Not the kind of Brocchi's, Ba's or Digao's. Quality players. Just like Inter, R.Madrid, Chelsea, etc have.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_fresh_prince7_*
post May 17 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #2

Guests

He speaks the truth. Especially with an older side, no chance of maintaining high performance without alot of depth. Even with a youthful side, you still need to be able to rest key players during the course of the season.

Lloris looks good sorts, not much point if he is going to be the reserve keeper. Unless its to like Frey. We better not recall abbiati. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 17 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Porty @ May 17 2008, 12:34 PM)
Just like everyone else can see, we need a squad. Not the kind of Brocchi's, Ba's or Digao's. Quality players. Just like Inter, R.Madrid, Chelsea, etc have.

Exactly. But the management don't seem to see this. Even many of us on here pointed out that we lacked depth, and we're hardly football experts! But no, Galliani says we're fine so that must be the case. And how wrong he was.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 17 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #4

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I'm not sure Galliani is to blame on this one. I would put the blame on Berlusconi's doorstep. But yeah. Someone's to blame for the lack of reinforcements that we all see the team needs.

At least Flamini is a step in the right direction.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 17 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 17 2008, 01:11 PM)
At least Flamini is a step in the right direction.

Even if Rino was to leave, it's still a upgrade in my opinion. But then you have to ask the question: If bringing in one good players means another will leave, how on earth will we ever get decent player for the bench?

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 17 2008, 02:31 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 17 2008, 01:25 PM)
Even if Rino was to leave, it's still a upgrade in my opinion. But then you have to ask the question: If bringing in one good players means another will leave, how on earth will we ever get decent player for the bench?

Exactly, we need to build on the squad we have now. To quote a cliche, evolution not revolution

The title is misleading, but once you read it, Kaka is right (but that is the general consensus around here anyway)

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 17 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

so kaka is saying we need 5 more players

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 17 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,827

Kaka should just focus on his football and shut up, this guy is starting to get on my nerves with all his comments!

+Quote Post

nuh
post May 17 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

QUOTE (morgoth @ May 17 2008, 01:52 PM)
Kaka should just focus on his football and shut up, this guy is starting to get on my nerves with all his comments!

wht do u mean ? kaka is just speaking the truth ....i would much rather have him say this than be a b*tch and say i want to move like any other top player would

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 17 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #10

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I don't mind him talking. I do wish he'd have more of this sort of talk internally with the club rather than making his case to the press. Then again, in this particular case he's speaking a truth everyone can see and that members on Milanfan have been complaining about for 2+ years.

That said, I do think the club is at least taking some steps in the right direction. Flamini is a good signing and I doubt he'll be the only one this transfer window.

+Quote Post

Il Capitano
post May 17 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #11

PatoMania

Member No.: 142

He is right, Maybe these kind of statement will make Galliani&CO wake up from their slumber.

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 17 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (nuh @ May 17 2008, 03:45 PM)
wht do u mean ? kaka is just speaking the truth ....i would much rather have him say this  than be a b*tch and say i want to move like any other top player would

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 17 2008, 03:50 PM)
I don't mind him talking. I do wish he'd have more of this sort of talk internally with the club rather than making his case to the press. Then again, in this particular case he's speaking a truth everyone can see and that members on Milanfan have been complaining about for 2+ years.

That said, I do think the club is at least taking some steps in the right direction. Flamini is a good signing and I doubt he'll be the only one this transfer window.

This post has been edited by morgoth: May 17 2008, 04:00 PM

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 17 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #13

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (morgoth @ May 17 2008, 01:52 PM)

Is that Galliani's response? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post May 17 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #14

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Needless to say if these simple Kaka statements annoy who, how u must about Seedorf, when he decideds to run his mouth unnecessarily! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
If I was Kaka and had the wolrd of talent at my hands I surely wouldn't have wanted to play with a lucklusture side again! - it isn't easy carrying a side by urself at times when you don't have too
(And I would have spoken my mind as well)
Edit: He should have said 'atleast 5 players' (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 17 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 17 2008, 04:01 PM)

Yeah, I'm Galliani with a wig!

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ May 17 2008, 04:02 PM)
Needless to say if these simple Kaka statements annoy who, how u must about Seedorf, when he decideds to run his mouth unnecessarily! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
If I was Kaka and had the wolrd of talent at my hands I surely wouldn't have wanted to play with a lucklusture side again! - it isn't easy carrying a side by urself at times when you don't have too
(And I would have spoken my mind as well)
Edit: He should have said 'atleast 5 players'  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Thank God you're not Kaka! By the way, Kaka is speaking as long as a journalist gives him a microphone, and it's has been like that since the Madrid stories, and it does annoy me (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:49 AM