> AC Milan Needs

rinkrat99
post Apr 4 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #1

Pulcini 99

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,831

Hi all,

After watching the Barcelona game and a few games that are aired in the US on Saturdays, I am left wondering what does Milan need to be a powerhouse again.

I have been reading that Abiatti was a weak link and I am 50/50 on that, maybe Amelia needs a chance to shine again.

Defense - Seemed like Nesta is showing signs of age but does get the job done, I think we need a star in the DL/DR position, Not sure if Abate is there yet but has not been a liability from what I have seen.

Midfield - Nocerino and Ambrosini played well, I think we need a more offensive playmaker here.

Forwards - Ibrahimovic does not always seem motivated. Pato is fairly useless due to relaibility, Robinho seems to miss the goals in big games. Cassano should help as will a healthy Lopez.

Boateng has played well throughout the year but he needs his rest also.

We miss Kaka and probably Pirlo

We just seem to need that finishing touch which seems lacking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Apr 4 2012, 11:55 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,245

i think our best bet for signings will, yet again, depend on rejects/bosmans... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 4 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Wow, two new members who posted in a day! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleepysmiley03.gif) I think you've outlined all the problems, but I reckon the management will be going at it one by one in the coming seasons. Saying goodbye to a few seniors, while trying to rope in some quality players on all position.

Having said that, I do hope we get some creative and visionary players, not just speedy hacks who can run.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 5 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #4

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (rinkrat99 @ Apr 4 2012, 11:46 PM) *
I have been reading that Abiatti was a weak link and I am 50/50 on that, maybe Amelia needs a chance to shine again.

What a load of crap! Abbiati has been great this past two years. Don't read what stupid Bojan says. The last thing we need to worry about is the GK.

QUOTE (rinkrat99 @ Apr 4 2012, 11:46 PM) *
Boateng has played well throughout the year but he needs his rest also.

Rest? The guy's played 3-4 games in total in the last two months due to injury. He's never been overused.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 5 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #5

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (rinkrat99 @ Apr 4 2012, 05:46 PM) *
Hi all

Welcome. If you plan on sticking around there is an Introduction section where you can feel free to post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 4 2012, 06:58 PM) *
Wow, two new members who posted in a day! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleepysmiley03.gif)

Shocking isn't it?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post

drucurl
post Apr 5 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 4,041

As much as I hate to say this....we might need a revolution....everywhere except at CB (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I'll start with the forward line since it's the easiest.....ALL of our strikers are flawed:

Zlatan : 1)Slow 2)positionally 1 dimensional (iBra ball or bust) 3) Bad tempered 4)Too arrogant to try anything else

Pato: FOREVER INJURED

Robinho: Horrific composure in front of goal

Cassano: When he's not giving heart attacks due to his utter insanity he's getting them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Stephan: NOT READY

Maxi: Average...hard worker and spirit will only get you this far.

Solutions: Ideally I'd like to sell Ibra. He's hands down our best attacker but we've have had to adapt too much to him and like Raiola said you don't drive your ferarri like a Volkswagen. The thing is it mightn't always be practical to drive your ferarri to the convenience store or worse on terribly paved roads. It co$t a lot to keep running ($alary for those not following the analogy) and when it goes down it's an utter disaster (cards, BIG game disappearance). Oh and he's 30

I love Pato to death but THIS is the last season I'll give him. If we sold him this summer I can't be too upset either.

I'd actually keep Robinho because despite his obviously frustrating problem(s) he keeps our attack ticking. It was his exploits in the main that got us past Arsenal and ideally a well worked Pato-Robinho partnership is a potential solution.

In the ultra unlikely senario that we sold Ibra (who's probably fuming that B&G didn't buy him the world class midfield as promised) I'd like any money we made fron the sale of EITHER him or Pato go go in getting an ACTUAL QUALITY CREATIVE midfielder. Therein lies a tale because Zlatan is clueless with other attacking quality around as he was in Barca and with Ronaldinho. More haemorraging of talent would be an utter shame.....this is another reason why I'd rather gamble with Pato than play iBraball again when it's clear that the results won't change.

In the very possible event that Pato doesn't deliver, there are only three players I can see who can do what he's supposed to do....Tevez, Neymar and Balotelli.

Finally our issues at fullback have been beaten into the ground so I won't continue to repeat the obvious.

As for names....we need a GOOD PASSER with VISION who is DYNAMIC as well. Again a player that is a combination of these qualities will not do well with Ibra simply because Ibra is a STRIKER with a MIDFIELDER's mentality. Even worse he's piss poor at doing any of the off the ball work and runs other than hold up the ball and be an aerial target.

So I'd put forward Ganso (least favourite choice), Gotze, Munain and Kagawa.

+Quote Post

Yousef AR
post Apr 5 2012, 12:38 AM
Post #7

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 11,830

QUOTE (drucurl @ Apr 5 2012, 01:16 AM) *
As much as I hate to say this....we might need a revolution....everywhere except at CB (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I'll start with the forward line since it's the easiest.....ALL of our strikers are flawed:

Zlatan : 1)Slow 2)positionally 1 dimensional (iBra ball or bust) 3) Bad tempered 4)Too arrogant to try anything else

Pato: FOREVER INJURED

Robinho: Horrific composure in front of goal

Cassano: When he's not giving heart attacks due to his utter insanity he's getting them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Stephan: NOT READY

Maxi: Average...hard worker and spirit will only get you this far.

Solutions: Ideally I'd like to sell Ibra. He's hands down our best attacker but we've have had to adapt too much to him and like Raiola said you don't drive your ferarri like a Volkswagen. The thing is it mightn't always be practical to drive your ferarri to the convenience store or worse on terribly paved roads. It co$t a lot to keep running ($alary for those not following the analogy) and when it goes down it's an utter disaster (cards, BIG game disappearance). Oh and he's 30

I love Pato to death but THIS is the last season I'll give him. If we sold him this summer I can't be too upset either.

I'd actually keep Robinho because despite his obviously frustrating problem(s) he keeps our attack ticking. It was his exploits in the main that got us past Arsenal and ideally a well worked Pato-Robinho partnership is a potential solution.

In the ultra unlikely senario that we sold Ibra (who's probably fuming that B&G didn't buy him the world class midfield as promised) I'd like any money we made fron the sale of EITHER him or Pato go go in getting an ACTUAL QUALITY CREATIVE midfielder. Therein lies a tale because Zlatan is clueless with other attacking quality around as he was in Barca and with Ronaldinho. More haemorraging of talent would be an utter shame.....this is another reason why I'd rather gamble with Pato than play iBraball again when it's clear that the results won't change.

In the very possible event that Pato doesn't deliver, there are only three players I can see who can do what he's supposed to do....Tevez, Neymar and Balotelli.

Finally our issues at fullback have been beaten into the ground so I won't continue to repeat the obvious.

As for names....we need a GOOD PASSER with VISION who is DYNAMIC as well. Again a player that is a combination of these qualities will not do well with Ibra simply because Ibra is a STRIKER with a MIDFIELDER's mentality. Even worse he's piss poor at doing any of the off the ball work and runs other than hold up the ball and be an aerial target.

So I'd put forward Ganso (least favourite choice), Gotze, Munain and Kagawa.

Good news is that Kagawa's contract is finishing at the end of the season and due to the obvious economic crisis at the team (if you look at last winter deals and last summer's) so our best bet will be getting players on loan or free agents such as Montolivo for example.
I'd disagree with you on Ibra because in recent matches he does everything he plays as an AMF gives assists and scores and thats because of the missing play maker in the team. This is why you see him as an attacker with a midfielder's mentality. A good play maker is a must and then we can judge how the whole team performances become because the rhythm is missing in the team and that's costing us.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 5 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #8

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 5 2012, 04:11 AM) *
Shocking isn't it?!

Very. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

rinkrat99
post Apr 5 2012, 01:30 AM
Post #9

Pulcini 99

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,831

Thats for the info and replies

I tend to agree that GK is not a problem but a potential weakness. Abbiati seems like lately he has had soft hands and does not seem very athletic from the limited games I see. He is not the problem right now.

I play Football Manager 2011 and 2012 and I always seem to have issues scoring with Milan even after I move in better quality players. So maybe I do not understand the game as well as others.

Robinho would probably be better suited as an man behind the Strikers not a Striker to rely on himself. He would probably do less damage not being depended on to score.

Boateng has had a history of injuries and does breakdown from overuse as he stated himself by dropping off the National team. If he is that fragile then he is a solid super sub.

I tend to like Flamini but not worth the $$$$

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 5 2012, 03:27 AM
Post #10

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Yousef AR @ Apr 5 2012, 02:38 AM) *
Good news is that Kagawa's contract is finishing at the end of the season and due to the obvious economic crisis at the team (if you look at last winter deals and last summer's) so our best bet will be getting players on loan or free agents such as Montolivo for example.
I'd disagree with you on Ibra because in recent matches he does everything he plays as an AMF gives assists and scores and thats because of the missing play maker in the team. This is why you see him as an attacker with a midfielder's mentality. A good play maker is a must and then we can judge how the whole team performances become because the rhythm is missing in the team and that's costing us.

I am leaning towards what you are saying except the Montolivo piece, if we do bring in Montolio it would be on a free and he would command a higher salary in that regard (as we will be competing against other clubs to sign on a free). The same would most likely lead to Galliani stating that we are fine in that department (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

You want the Champions League you need experience, and this team has just gained valuable experience. Nocerino and KPB, our recent smart investments and are good prospects to build our midfield around. And we need to add some flavor there, so investments in Hamsik and a midfielder who can actually read the game is ultimately evident.

We have a coach that is learning how to approach the big games, a team that has proved its merit in the Scudetto races and a very prestigious emblem on their shirts. That is the catalyst that we have, just bring in quality where it is lacked.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 5 2012, 03:31 AM
Post #11

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 5 2012, 04:27 AM) *
You want the Champions League you need experience, and this team has just gained valuable experience. Nocerino and KPB, our recent smart investments and are good prospects to build our midfield around. And we need to add some flavor there, so investments in Hamsik and a midfielder who can actually read the game is ultimately evident.

For god's sake, no!

+Quote Post

drucurl
post Apr 5 2012, 04:36 AM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 4,041

QUOTE (Yousef AR @ Apr 4 2012, 07:38 PM) *
The problem with Zlatan is that he'd play this way even with a superstar midfiled....so while the TEAM becomes better his effectiveness and correspondingly the team's functioning decreases. If the Barcelona debacle taught anyone anything it is this lesson.

He likes the ball to be played to his feet where he can then conjure up whatever magic he wants. The problem is that he wouldn't always have this space and time vs quality teams. He's not humble or unselfish enough to sacrifice some of his abilities for the team consistently. He will be always just what he is at present.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 5 2012, 08:08 AM
Post #13

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 5 2012, 05:31 AM) *
For god's sake, no!

Be a little realistic, its not like we have any say in this ... The club has shown its interest and he was last summer's Mr. X. Hence the probability of him coming in is very high.

He is a quality midfielder, and has received plaudits from all over Serie A. Your preference or my preference, for that matter, might be with other players but that doesn't hold a grain of salt to what the brains at Via Turati are conjuring up.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 5 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #14

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Hamsik tends to choke in big games though. it's very well known.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 5 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #15

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 5 2012, 12:29 PM) *
Hamsik tends to choke in big games though. it's very well known.

So does Ibra, if you want to present the same measuring stick. But in Hamsik's case, he is one of the few quality players Napoli has, and in that respect they have commanded a CL showing and progressed in a very difficult group this year.

I am not in favor of Hamsik, I'd rather someone of the Seedorf mold, yet if the management sees him as the Mr. X, then they have their justification for the same. Who was Nocerino before this season?

Ultimately, if Hamsik is not your preference, I am not forcing his name down your throats, just reinstating the options the club is 'supposedly' pursuing.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:11 AM